1640 34 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Mavic 2 up $300 and Inspire 2 $500

Who knows what else is going to go up!  Once the inventory clears and new product needs to be replenished, the price hike will be effective around the world.  I've been saying these tariffs are going to matter.  Btw, the Inspire 2 was up only $200 yesterday now it's up $500!  If you have the money that's like not eating at an expensive restaurant 1-3 times though so it doesn't really matter.
2019-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

Can't see why a US only tariff would be a price hike around the world.  No dealers i know in europe are putting prices up for example.
2019-9-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 9-4 07:34
Can't see why a US only tariff would be a price hike around the world.  No dealers i know in europe are putting prices up for example.

Unless you have it as a business I don't think the drones are worth it unless you have a lot of money.  Some guys were at Best Buy laughing at the price of the M2Z drone at $1,499 saying it cost as much as a car.

I'm almost paid off for all my drones, but I got really lucky.  No one calls me much like they used to.  I mean, I'm already paid off but I bought a 2080 Ti and a CRG9 monitor.
2019-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

People spend way more than $1500 on hobbys all the time.  Much much more.

In either case, the US price increase isnt going to affect prices "around the world" at all.
2019-9-4
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>

You can get a great drone for $1500, you can't get decent car for $1500.
2019-9-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

KerryG Posted at 9-4 08:16

You can get a decent car for $1500 as of 10 years ago too so I assume the $1500 cars now are very decent.
2019-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Well we’ll see if Trumps tariffs will be of any benefit to those living in the US. If you fly a drone use a phone then they won’t .
2019-9-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

KerryG Posted at 9-4 08:16

LOL, my car is probably worth $1500 private sale and scrap value trade in   in great condition and would probably survive a trip across africa.   its silky smooth, quiet just getting old, and has ton of miles (260,000 miles) but it runs and drives like new, everythig works and works great.  no squeaks, rattles  or anything.   
2019-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

Depends where you live.  Try a small, tax haven caribbean island where $1500 will get you a 25 year old car with a seat missing, no working aircon, electrics that catch fire and a 50% success rate on starting first time!
2019-9-4
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>

I really hope their other products won't follow suit.
2019-9-4
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>

We have 20% vat in the UK. That stings.
2019-9-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-4 09:05
Well we’ll see if Trumps tariffs will be of any benefit to those living in the US. If you fly a drone use a phone then they won’t .

we wont, no beneift in it for america.  it just wont LOL...we pay the extra cost, not china or DJI in this case.  prime example,  if it cost DJI $230 more per mavic 2 pro ($1500 - $1730) then they just pass that $230 cost of increase back at us.    china/DJI pays 0% change,  we pay +15.26 % offset..  

how does that penalize china?  answer is it doesn't...it penalizes us, no china.

2019-9-4
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1581873 ft

So what's all the fuss about here, used cars, drones, or politics which shouldn't be here? How many people out there have almost a thousand bucks invested in a cell phone that they stare at all day because they don't have a life? Give me a break,who cares.
2019-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 9-4 13:28
we wont, no beneift in it for america.  it just wont LOL...we pay the extra cost, not china or DJI in this case.  prime example,  if it cost DJI $230 more per mavic 2 pro ($1500 - $1730) then they just pass that $230 cost of increase back at us.    china/DJI pays 0% change,  we pay +15.23 % offset..  

how does that penalize china?  answer is it doesn't...it penalizes us, no china.

I know and it’s right that you have to pay, after all your president decided it will be good for the US to charge these tariffs . The extra price hike goes to your government not dji .
2019-9-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-4 13:39
I know and it’s right that you have to pay, after all your president decided it will be good for the US to charge these tariffs . The extra price hike goes to your government not dji .

pretty much.  not sure why anyone trust someone who has 6 confirmed bankruptcy filings under his name and titles to know how to deal with the economy.  

to be honest i wouldn't put him at a cash register in a mcdonalds.. if you got 6 confirmed bankruptcies, your the trash boy..you are not touching money because that is not your strong suit.
2019-9-4
Use props
VisualeyesAerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5242769 ft
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 9-4 13:28
we wont, no beneift in it for america.  it just wont LOL...we pay the extra cost, not china or DJI in this case.  prime example,  if it cost DJI $230 more per mavic 2 pro ($1500 - $1730) then they just pass that $230 cost of increase back at us.    china/DJI pays 0% change,  we pay +15.26 % offset..  

The reason is clear.  Stop buying Chinese.  DJI has the market in the drone industry, but these tariffs are meant to bring jobs back home!  Honestly, I hope it works!  China doesn't have much restriction on work, which is why your products are so much cheaper!  Some 8 year old kid built your Mavic 2!  LOL

I'm speculating, of course on the "8YO kid" part...but that does happen in clothes and many other industries we buy from daily.  Half the stuff in Walmart for example.....

The US needs a good drone market!  I'd be happy to pay a little more for an American made product.  Just sayin'!  Plus, do you know where your data is REALLY going when you fly?  I think we could be mapping the world for free, and increasing Chinese intelligence on every other soil across the globe!  #TinFoilHat
2019-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

VisualeyesAerial Posted at 9-4 13:46
The reason is clear.  Stop buying Chinese.  DJI has the market in the drone industry, but these tariffs are meant to bring jobs back home!  Honestly, I hope it works!  China doesn't have much restriction on work, which is why your products are so much cheaper!  Some 8 year old kid built your Mavic 2!  LOL

I'm speculating, of course on the "8YO kid" part...but that does happen in clothes and many other industries we buy from daily.  Half the stuff in Walmart for example.....

You did have go pro Karma that was American .
2019-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-4 14:04
You did have go pro Karma that was American .

That pretty much sums up that for most things if i see a "proudly made in the usa" flag on it and theres a viable, alternative to do the same job i'll go for the alternative!

The tactics are fairly common - if you cant compete on merit you just change things to cripple the opposition who have a better product.
It doesn't encourage development at all - it just encourages overpriced, second rate home grown copies.
2019-9-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>

The reason is clear.  Stop buying Chinese.  DJI has the market in the drone industry, but these tariffs are meant to bring jobs back home!  Honestly, I hope it works!  China doesn't have much restriction on work, which is why your products are so much cheaper!  Some 8 year old kid built your Mavic 2!  LOL

I'm speculating, of course on the "8YO kid" part...but that does happen in clothes and many other industries we buy from daily.  Half the stuff in Walmart for example.....

in america we demand two contradictory things..   fair pay for work being done and affordable products.  while honestly, i would love it too if somethign like mavic 2 was built here in america, end ot end, not just screwed togeher here but everything sources or made here for it... but the cost of all of that would more then double the cost of the drone does now, thats assumign also hey being fair paying people fair pay not exploiting our system to pay people barely legal and not at all survivable wage and hours..

been a lot of attempts over many years to get labor to work in america, Motorola did it for a while before shutting down, google did it with several products before moving operations, even apple has tried getting some products to be US made before moving them back to asia.  

if you give me the excuse about automakers, i can easily counter this.. most of the parts they screwed together here in america come from south and central america or asia.. and actually works out to be cheaper to be screwed together here for them given weight of cars... sure gives us job thats ya know good apart from only a few thousand jobs at most and usually setup plants in locations where they can screw the tax man over in..
2019-9-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>

The reason is clear.  Stop buying Chinese.  DJI has the market in the drone industry, but these tariffs are meant to bring jobs back home!  Honestly, I hope it works!  China doesn't have much restriction on work, which is why your products are so much cheaper!  Some 8 year old kid built your Mavic 2!  LOL

I'm speculating, of course on the "8YO kid" part...but that does happen in clothes and many other industries we buy from daily.  Half the stuff in Walmart for example.....

WOW, just wow, referencing child labour is well below the belt, there is no evidence that DJI does this at all so to even speculate is out of order
2019-9-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

Where I live, there are a lot of used cars all over the place for around that much.

I didn't know votes matter.  Amazing what Trump has done to the country on a personal level from tariffs, deportations, FAA shutdowns, inspiring mass shootings, etc.

I voted Trump for being a successful business leader and nothing else.  Some people won't vote for him because of his history, but people can change for the better and make hard decisions.  He s**tted on this team!  Turned his back on them.  People who got mad at Trump winning the election took down Cambridge Analytica which dropped Facebook stocks and probably Cryptocurrency as a result.  They took out his lawyer and other people.  The US government at the highest level is so broken.Meanwhile, the other countries arm up like crazy but have their own issues.  Chinese-born citizens are wanting to become American!  China is losing jobs.  Who knows what is going on with Russia and all the other countries.  An asteroid is supposed to hit sometime in September.  Terrorism is under control now, but when it was at it's prime, everyone came together now the country leaders are back to defending against each other.

The jobs matter a lot.  W/o being of use, there is no power.  I've sent e-mails to the White House saying countries can self-sustain w/o other countries and they probably took notice, but when you have in-house issues, it makes it interesting.  All part of the "God system will" plan.

100% if people knew it was going to look like this.. Trump would Not have won.  I'm scared for Trump too because a lot of legal actions could be taken but is if the world doesn't end to an asteroid, supervolcano, nuclear war, etc.
2019-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

At least the non US pricing hasn't gone up as well,  which is usually what happens.  But don't blame DJI,  blame the Tump tariffs, he needs the money to fund the golf trips.
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>

Can't see any price increases on DJI products in the UK
2019-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

A J Posted at 9-5 02:23
Can't see any price increases on DJI products in the UK

Why would you?
The UK isn't in the USA and isn't part of trumps trade war.
We already pay the monster tariffs due to the EU customs union.  (historically we have and always will pay for for electronics than in the USA or asia for that reason)
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 9-5 03:55
Why would you?
We already pay the monster tariffs due to the EU customs union.  (historically we have and always will pay for for electronics than in the USA or asia for that reason)

Thats my point - I'm not expecting to!
2019-9-5
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

On the plus side the tariffs are going to increase resale value of any DJI drone you already own...
2019-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 9-5 03:55
Why would you?

Normally the UK price is the same as the US price and they just change the symbol.  so something in the US that sells for $1000 would sell here for £1000 - even though right now $1000=£810.
2019-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-5 03:56
Thats my point - I'm not expecting to!

The difficulty is, if dji is going to see a downturn in the American market, we could see price hikes throughout Europe, it seems that economists are now saying that the US are going to be the big losers in this game until a new trade deal is done between US and China, new talks to resume in October , we shall see .
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-5 04:50
The difficulty is, if dji is going to see a downturn in the American market, we could see price hikes throughout Europe, it seems that economists are now saying that the US are going to be the big losers in this game until a new trade deal is done between US and China, new talks to resume in October , we shall see .

I agree that there is the prospect of a domino effect in a global market - especially with the worlds two largest economies in a tariff war... If sales drop in DJI's biggest market (US) due to price hikes like this impacting on the consumers ability to afford they will need to replenish their profits elsewhere but if increasing prices in the US is the root cause for that loss in business it may very well happen here too so increasing prices is not necessarily the best way to increase profit and can often be counterproductive.

As the UK/EU are not in any trade wars with China I don't think it will make good business sense for you and I to have to pay several hundred quid or Euro more for a DJI product just because of Trump's policies in another country/economic region. I wouldn't of bought the Mavic 2 Pro if it were priced at £2,000, for example and that may explain why no price increases have been seen on this side of the pond. Let's hope it stays that way and that the US and China reach some type of amicability in October before it may very well roll over here.
2019-9-5
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft

I hold myself many times from buying M2P to replace my MA. I still need drone that may has size of Mavic Air equipped with camera from Osmo Pocket.
2019-9-5
Use props
VisualeyesAerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5242769 ft
  • >>>

Bashy Posted at 9-4 18:54
WOW, just wow, referencing child labour is well below the belt, there is no evidence that DJI does this at all so to even speculate is out of order

Read what I wrote below that statement!  Don't spin things around.  I said that was "speculation!"  
2019-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

If your buying it in Walmart you supporting and condoning it, in fact the greed of first world countries  is what drives child labor , we should always look within before criticizing how others do their business.
2019-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

If your buying it in Walmart you supporting and condoning it, in fact the greed of first world countries  is what drives child labor , we should always look within before criticizing how others do their business.
2019-9-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>

VisualeyesAerial Posted at 9-5 06:30
Read what I wrote below that statement!  Don't spin things around.  I said that was "speculation!"

Nothing spun at all,  i read speculation and wrote referencing it too, i must add also that by adding "lol" on the end of a statement does not lessen the impact either, here, let me try, child abuse, lol, nope, doesnt work for me. What it tells me is that you have strong feelings regards to this country and their dealings with children and work but you think by adding a lol would make us believe you dont mean it or its a joke, well, its not really a joking matter. But, on the upside, and there is one, believe it or not, if those children didnt work, their families, such as single mum with more than one young child or parents that just cannot work, would go without. One more point, if you feel so strongly, why buy x amount of $'s on a chinese company.
2019-9-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>

I was waiting until November to place my order of the Mavic 2 Pro and batteries, but saw the price hike and went to Amazon and bought them for the original price. I figured if I waited Amazon and other retailers would also increase the price.
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules