Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go APP is not working with Android 10
12345Next >
41317 184 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaheshBadam
lvl.1

After i updated the OS on pixel to Android 10, Go app stopped working. it does not even open.
2019-9-4
Use props
MaheshBadam
lvl.1

Please do not tell me to go back to Android 9. I simply do not know how to do it
2019-9-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records in the DJI Go app then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-4
Use props
Saboken
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97224 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-4 09:41
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records in the DJI Go app then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

OMG it doesn't open how is he going to Sync it? This seems to be the norm for DJI! They wait till the last minute to fix anything including OS updates! There's no excuse for this from DJI! They always have plenty of time to work with beta from Google! It's not like Google sits on the next version until the last minute! For what people pay for DJIs equipment this is sad very sad! I had the same issue when the last Android version was released I was grounded until DJI got off there A$$ to fix it!!!!
2019-9-4
Use props
hubert52
New

Saboken Posted at 9-4 11:00
OMG it doesn't open how is he going to Sync it? This seems to be the norm for DJI! They wait till the last minute to fix anything including OS updates! There's no excuse for this from DJI! They always have plenty of time to work with beta from Google! It's not like Google sits on the next version until the last minute! For what people pay for DJIs equipment this is sad very sad! I had the same issue when the last Android version was released I was grounded until DJI got off there A$$ to fix it!!!!

Dear DJI, you are app is not compatible Android Q 10, since it was in beta version. You had plenty of time to update it. Android 10 Q has been release now, and your app is still not updated. This is kind of unacceptable for a paid product. Please update your ASAP.
2019-9-4
Use props
djiuser_syPOjtM6CxMh
lvl.1

The Tello app isn't working either. It doesn't even open. Crashes immediately
2019-9-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saboken Posted at 9-4 11:00
OMG it doesn't open how is he going to Sync it? This seems to be the norm for DJI! They wait till the last minute to fix anything including OS updates! There's no excuse for this from DJI! They always have plenty of time to work with beta from Google! It's not like Google sits on the next version until the last minute! For what people pay for DJIs equipment this is sad very sad! I had the same issue when the last Android version was released I was grounded until DJI got off there A$$ to fix it!!!!

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I asked the customer to try to sync his flight records if he/she can still try to open the application but if he can't he can directly uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem will still persist. Also, I already sent a PM to the customer for me to verify some information for us to further isolate the problem. In addition, we will forward this concern directly to our designated department for attention. Again, we're sorry for the issue that this has caused rest assured that we will do our best to fix the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-4
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-4 14:38
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I asked the customer to try to sync his flight records if he/she can still try to open the application but if he can't he can directly uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem will still persist. Also, I already sent a PM to the customer for me to verify some information for us to further isolate the problem. In addition, we will forward this concern directly to our designated department for attention. Again, we're sorry for the issue that this has caused rest assured that we will do our best to fix the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't fix it either, DJI Go crashes immediately. I'm experiencing the same issue as everyone else is after the Android 10 update. I'm on official Android 10 on a Google Pixel 3XL.
2019-9-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 9-4 17:00
Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't fix it either, DJI Go crashes immediately. I'm experiencing the same issue as everyone else is after the Android 10 update. I'm on official Android 10 on a Google Pixel 3XL.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This concern has already been raised to our designated department and they are now checking on it. We will let you know as soon as possible once we already hear from them. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-5
Use props
Saboken
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97224 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-5 15:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This concern is already been raised to our designated department and they are now checking on it. We will let you know as soon as possible once we already hear from them. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
DJI should have had this fixed months ago while Android 10 was still in beta!!! DJI did the same thing when Android 9 was released!!! DJI sits on it until it becomes a issue then tells people to try and sync it or uninstall it and reinstall it!! This is not a new issue it's not Android it's DJI! Your apps have code that refuses to let the apps work unless it's whitelisted ! I haven't purchased a new Drone from DJI since my Mavic Pro platinum because of this! If I spend this kind of money on photography equipment it better always work when I need it! Not when DJI decides to get around to making the software compatable with the rest of the world!
2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your patience. As of the moment, we are doing a compatibility test with Android Q Beta for us to assure that the application will work properly on the said android update. Therefore, for the meantime, we do recommend to use a different mobile device that is currently running an Android 9 or below for us to avoid any crashed issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-6
Use props
djiuser_08PpA9gnmLgs
New

I would get your app not working for old os versions but you would think that the 3 drones I have from you would work on cutting edge software. What did I spend my money on, I don't know if you guys are aware but your products are not cheap.  I bet for all the failings of parrot their drones work with 10
2019-9-8
Use props
djiuser_08PpA9gnmLgs
New

I would get your app not working for old os versions but you would think that the 3 drones I have from you would work on cutting edge software. What did I spend my money on, I don't know if you guys are aware but your products are not cheap.  I bet for all the failings of parrot their drones work with 10
2019-9-8
Use props
djiuser_1sE65sqyuFQR
New

THE APP DOESN'T WORK on Android 10. Period. Everyone is facing this issue with their Pixels. No it's not the device and no i will not use another phone!
You had enough time to test it on the beta, it seems that the development team quit or are they sleeping? Please get them a coffee or something. I will pay.

DJI GO--For products before P4 app has 47,687 ratings and 1000000+ downloads on the android play store. Please don't tell us that you are not aware of this issue.
2019-9-11
Use props
djiuser_1sE65sqyuFQR
New

djiuser_1sE65sqyuFQR Posted at 9-11 02:10
THE APP DOESN'T WORK on Android 10. Period. Everyone is facing this issue with their Pixels. No it's not the device and no i will not use another phone!
You had enough time to test it on the beta, it seems that the development team quit or are they sleeping? Please get them a coffee or something. I will pay.

FYI, android 10 has been officially released for Google Pixel devices. It's no longer in BETA
2019-9-11
Use props
MaheshBadam
lvl.1

I uninstalled and installed again but it does not work. It's very simple the app is not optimized for Android 10. I saw the same happened for Android 9 as well. I don't understand why you waste our time than just accepting the fact that you have not optimized the app for Android 10. If this is false, can you confirm that Go app works with Android 10 and it is tested by you. Either you really do not know what you are talking about or you are just clearly wasting our time by asking to different steps.
2019-9-11
Use props
dragnfire

Quite upsetting that there doesn't seem to be any real traction on the part of DJI to fix this major issue (we're not talking about a slight app glitch, we literally can't fly now without a fix), with the new phones being released next month that will be stock android 10 we're going to see lots of DJI drones sitting around collecting dust, at this point anyone who asks me about my drone I'm telling them to stay away from DJI.
2019-9-12
Use props
djiuser_j3gETetEk6Gi
New

You can add me to the list of operators collecting dust.  Totally poor support.
2019-9-12
Use props
Bas Hartman
New

This sucks so much. My Oneplus 7 Pro won't open the app on Android 10. But I see that it's a widespread problem. Literally every other app on my phone is running but DJI GO.

Fix this asap.
2019-9-13
Use props
MaheshBadam
lvl.1

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This concern has already been raised to our designated department and they are now checking on it. We will let you know as soon as possible once we already hear from them. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Dear DJI, please take some responsibility of your inactions to optimize the app for Android 10 and give an ETA than just suggesting to use a different phone...may be people will start using a different brand of drone or camera also...
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_xMWOdi5yFNHQ
lvl.1

Another one here. Pixel 2XL. Android 10 public release.

Unlike DJI I do not have unlimited money, so I do not have multiple devices to use.
2019-9-18
Use props
Al_Sor
New

Hello guys I have a question on updates for Ronin S hardware. I purchased this on June 7th this year. Is the firmware already updated or should I update it myself?
2019-9-18
Use props
Joshua Alan Snyder-Hill
New

What is going on?  I use this as a revenue source when the hell are you going to fix this app?  You guys have access as developers!  This SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE.  Then you don't even pay attention to what we say.  The app DOES NOT EVEN OPEN, we can't sync anything because the app doesn't even work.  WHEN ARE YOU FIXING THIS!
2019-9-18
Use props
jeaksua
lvl.1

This is not helpful.  PLEASE READ OUR ISSUE!  The app is crashing on the splash screen.  In other words, it's NOT OPENING AT ALL.  You can't sync anything if the app isn't even going to open.  This needs addressed now!  It renders your product useless.
2019-9-18
Use props
MadScience
lvl.1

I'm having the exact same experience. The app crashes repeatedly on startup after my Pixel XL auto-updated to Android 10 on a reboot.

I literally got a new-in-box Tello drone today, which worked until I rebooted my Pixel XL, ironically hoping to fix whatever was preventing my bluetooth controller from connecting, and it auto-updated to Android 10. I'm going to see if I can manage to return this drone, but given that it's open box at this point, I think I just lost $120 on the controller bundle.

I bought the Tello as a trainer for a Mavic 2 Pro that's still in the shrinkwrap. I don't think I can afford to have such an expensive camera become unusable from one day to another. This is not confidence inspiring.

DJI: Google has beta programs, you knew this was coming. Some devices will update and some will not, and there is very little that a consumer can do to control this. And once the phone is updated, there's really no way to go back.
2019-9-18
Use props
MadScience
lvl.1

I got a response from Ryze support:

"We are hoping that in the future update release for the android 10 will be available. In the meantime, we recommend using an android device that's compatible for the tello app and to be properly guided kindly check the link https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads "

Of course the link says "Android version 4.4.0 or later." and explicitly lists my first gen Pixel XL.

This does not sound as though they have any plans to unbrick these drones for folks that don't have older devices available.
2019-9-18
Use props
I'm going to chime in here, Pixel 2 running Andriod 10 DJI Go app just crashes on the boot screen.

DJI Go 4 app works as it should. Go figure.

Not good enough DJI...have a shoot tomorrow and cant use my Osmo because of this.
2019-9-25
Use props
That happened to me also. Now I can not use OSMO 2 to shoot video!!!!
2019-9-25
Use props
wjspector
New

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-6 08:30
Hi, thank you for your patience. As of the moment, we are doing a compatibility test with Android Q Beta for us to assure that the application will work properly on the said android update. Therefore, for the meantime, we do recommend to use a different mobile device that is currently running an Android 9 or below for us to avoid any crashed issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

You're kidding right?  You're telling me that if I want to use an ACCESSORY for my mobile phone, i should use a different, older mobile phone?  What BS.  Fix the software.  Android Q/10 has been out in beta form for months now, and with the final release you're still only NOW supposedly testing a beta!  I call bull...!  Where can I go to get a refund?
2019-9-26
Use props
djiuser_L129AJPxH2kI
New

Since DJI refuses to update their app on a timely basis, does anyone have an alternative solution? This company has the worst customer support for apps that barely work. I would rather risk using 3rd party software.
2019-9-27
Use props
djiuser_09HW6jP7VLhU
New

Ya, this is ridiculous. Was just given a practically new P3 Pro by a friend and turns out it can't even be used since the app doesn't support Android 10. Both my wife and I have a Pixel 3, so we don't have any other options. Mind boggling to think a product that costs so much has such poor support. Android 10 had been available for more than enough time to get this corrected.
2019-9-27
Use props
Phantomfisho
lvl.1

+1 here
Isn't it about time DJI provided some concrete information? An ETA for the update would be nice. There's a growing body of very unhappy DJI pilots. This has potential to dramatically damage DJI's reputation across a huge user-base.

10's of thousands of developers around the world have updated their apps, and have them working fine on Android 10. Why is DJI taking so long and why are they not talking to their faithful? I'm starting to wonder if there's some major reengineering happening to APIs...perhaps to inhibit third-party app developers?

Come on DJI. Talk to us! We want to know when we can go back out and fly our drones!!!
2019-9-30
Use props
panamapilot
New

How long until update?
2019-10-3
Use props
R.Caswell
lvl.1

Hi another DJI Phantom 3 Pro pilot here using a Pixel XL with Android 10. I was blindsided as I didn't know the Phantom 3 software wasn't compatible until after I updated the OS. Now I am stuck. This is nonsense.

I am getting the same effect on my Phantom 3, using a Pixel XL. The app crashes immediately when the splash screen opens. I uninstalled the app, reset and gave it permissions again and still it is crashing. One thing I noticed is in "USB settings" on my phone,  "no data transfer" is selected, as I recall it should be "USB tethering"  or "PTP," I don't recall which. However, when I select one of those my phone immediately reboots. I would guess this USB connection has something to do with it but perhaps the app needs to be updated or it's a bug in Android? Has anyone found any solutions to this?
2019-10-3
Use props
Saikiran Reddy
New

Even my pixel phone is unable to open Dji application when can we expect that the issue get fixed.
2019-10-5
Use props
FPV Brain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886 ft

I could read a text on Facebook that the support to the problem works
2019-10-5
Use props
fans9e5feaeb
New
Flight distance : 56440 ft

Hi, Pixel 2XL user with Android 10. Can't downgrade. DJI 4 app crashing. When will it be fixed? Thanks
2019-10-5
Use props
fans80beb30d
New

Please let me know when you have fixed to issue with Android 10. Thanks
2019-10-6
Use props
Phantomfisho
lvl.1

DJI have failed to respond with any useful information about this problem. Who knows how much longer we'll sit at home on weekends, staring at a useless piece of hardware instead of flying.

The Skydio 2 is looking more and more attractive...
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, Android DJI GO 4 V4.3.25 and Android DJI GO V3.1.58 all have been released to optimize the compatibility with Android Q, please update to the latest version and keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-10-9
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules