Can I use a Mac to program my S1?
3632 11 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArchAngel OIF3
lvl.1

I would like to use scratch and python on my Mac to program my S1, is there a way to program on my mac and upload it to my S1? I know that you can accomplish it on a Windows computer, any help would be greatly appreciated.
2019-9-4
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

You can only do that from the app now and there is no app for MacOS so I guess the answer is no. You could potentially install Windows in a VM and use that or install Wine for Mac (and also run the Windows version in this case). Note I did try to run it it Wine under Linux without success.
2019-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ArchAngel OIF3. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately the DJI Robomaster S1 is programmed and supported using a 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10. Thank you.
2019-9-6
Use props
ArchAngel OIF3
lvl.1

BGA Posted at 9-4 12:57
You can only do that from the app now and there is no app for MacOS so I guess the answer is no. You could potentially install Windows in a VM and use that or install Wine for Mac (and also run the Windows version in this case). Note I did try to run it it Wine under Linux without success.

Thanks for the input.
2019-9-17
Use props
ArchAngel OIF3
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-6 12:20
Hello and good day ArchAngel OIF3. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately the DJI Robomaster S1 is programmed and supported using a 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10. Thank you.

Thank you.
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome ArchAngel OIF3. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy driving always.
2019-9-20
Use props
fans2742bd1e
New
Sweden

Are there no plans to support Mac in the future? Is there not any other more low level interface that can be used to upload Python code from any device, independent on what OS it runs?
2019-11-20
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

fans2742bd1e Posted at 11-20 05:04
Are there no plans to support Mac in the future? Is there not any other more low level interface that can be used to upload Python code from any device, independent on what OS it runs?

I am working on libraries to allow that. I can already connect to the S1 (the entire process from generating a QRCode that it can understand to getting a connection request form the robot and establishing the connection) I can still not control the robot (DJI likes encoding/encrypting everything with different encoding/encryption schemes everywhere. This is a pain) but one of my objects is to enable uploading of programs to the S1 without the need for the Robomaster app (also, the code will be multiplatform, Mac included).

Right now, you can at leat create a python program (that would work on the S1), encapsulate it in a dsp file with my codec (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D702%26typeid%3D702), mayl it to yourself and open the file in a phone that has the Robomaster App. The dsp file will be automatically imported.

For obvious reasons this is still not ideal but it allows you writing the code on any desktop at least.
2019-11-20
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

BGA Posted at 11-20 08:55
I am working on libraries to allow that. I can already connect to the S1 (the entire process from generating a QRCode that it can understand to getting a connection request form the robot and establishing the connection) I can still not control the robot (DJI likes encoding/encrypting everything with different encoding/encryption schemes everywhere. This is a pain) but one of my objects is to enable uploading of programs to the S1 without the need for the Robomaster app (also, the code will be multiplatform, Mac included).

Right now, you can at leat create a python program (that would work on the S1), encapsulate it in a dsp file with my codec (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=201957&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D702%26typeid%3D702), mayl it to yourself and open the file in a phone that has the Robomaster App. The dsp file will be automatically imported.

I will soon have a new tutorial up @BGA. This will help you in your process. I've planned to post it today, but the forum software keeps telling me that there is "Inappropriate Content" in my post. Maybe in the word Assembly is too much "Ass", how knows...

Cheers
2019-11-20
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

sevreNniarB Posted at 11-20 10:50
I will soon have a new tutorial up @BGA. This will help you in your process. I've planned to post it today, but the forum software keeps telling me that there is "Inappropriate Content" in my post. Maybe in the word Assembly is too much "Ass", how knows...

Cheers

Good. Looking forward to it.
2019-11-20
Use props
fans8cdf21b8
New

United Kingdom

There is a Mac version of the S1 App on the DJI Robomaster downloads page. It works well so far.
2019-12-18
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Awesome work guys, great stuff!  

The tutorials will help attract more of us "advanced users" who really want to get at the bones of the S1 and do cool stuff we can all have fun with.
2019-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules