DJI Osmo Mobile 3 motor vibration!
18127 22 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Omar_88
lvl.1

Hi,

I just purchased my Osmo Mobile 3 today, I was so excited but when i turned it on and clicked the M button twice (the phone is not mounted), the motor started vibrating !!

Thank you for the clarification

Kind regards,
Omar
2019-9-4
Use props
Omar_88
lvl.1

Please find below the video
https://streamable.com/k0xtz
2019-9-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to mount and balance first your mobile device on the Osmo and check whether you still receive the same issue? If the issue persist while the mobile device is already mounted on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal to see if there would be some changes. You may refer to the tutorials below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2019-9-4
Use props
Omar_88
lvl.1

Dear Gamora

Thank you for your prompt reply
I have mounted and balanced the phone on the gimble and it s working without vibration, but am still concerned since a friend of mine bought the same model and he doesn't have this issue!

Please advise if I should/could visit the DJI store here in Milan in order to try to fix it.

Thank you

Kind regards

Omar
2019-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Omar_88 Posted at 9-4 11:49
Dear Gamora

Unless phone is mounted you are going to get this vibration, phone should always be mounted first before turning on.
2019-9-4
Use props
Omar_88
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 9-4 12:17
Unless phone is mounted you are going to get this vibration, phone should always be mounted first before turning on.

The problem is present also when i triple tap the M button and try to change my phone and use another one.
I triple tap, the osmo goes in "standby" mode, when i unmount my phone it starts shacking as shown in the video.
2019-9-4
Use props
ASR
lvl.1

I am also having same issue. Please update why htis is happening. or is this normal?
2019-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Omar_88 Posted at 9-4 20:48
The problem is present also when i triple tap the M button and try to change my phone and use another one.
I triple tap, the osmo goes in "standby" mode, when i unmount my phone it starts shacking as shown in the video.

I’m certain changing your phone you are required to shut down phone. How ever if you think you unit has a problem create a case number .
2019-9-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

This product should have a payload on it  before you start it up! Why would you turn on the product without a payload on it? What’s the purpose? it cant balance itself .

Yes what you are seeing is normal! don't confuse the system by having it turned on and no payload on it.
2019-9-5
Use props
Omar_88
lvl.1

Thank you all for the supporto.

I have to admit am new to this product..I've used the osmo 2 before and didnt have this issue.

Apparently the structure is different and it indeed needs a payload before turning it on. I noticed the same behaviour with the Ronin S.

On the other hand...it s also written in the manual that it should be turned off before mounting and balancing the phone

Thank you all for the replies

Regards

Omar

2019-9-5
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>

Omar_88 Posted at 9-4 20:48
The problem is present also when i triple tap the M button and try to change my phone and use another one.

The OM3 must be completely turned off before removing the phone.
When you turn off the OM3 device you must wait a few sec before
it "release" the phone.
If you try to remove it before, the gimball freaks out!
2019-9-6
Use props
MrTitan
lvl.4
  • >>>

I can relate to the OP in this thread as having never used a mobile gimbal before I experienced the freakout motor shake when removing my phone too soon after powering down.  I think the gimbal motors lock in the 'ready to be folded' position for 5 seconds or so after powering down, just to make folding the gimbal a little easier.  And the phone shouldn't be removed at all when 'stand by' has been initiated.

To be honest DJI really should provide a host of video guides for the gimbal, some of which should be delivered to your mobile device on gimbal activation - which, for the uninitiated, requires a guide itself!  lol.

The Mimo app and DJI website should really provide numerous video tutorials on understanding the basics and learning all of the gimbals many features and functions.  The short and very simplified videos offered at present are nowhere near enough for many users to properly understand and get the most out of their Osmo Mobile 3.
2019-9-6
Use props
djiuser_vlzibjyai6hs
New

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-4 10:22
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to mount and balance first your mobile device on the Osmo and check whether you still receive the same issue? If the issue persist while the mobile device is already mounted on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal to see if there would be some changes. You may refer to the tutorials below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LbDu6mdYG0

Hi.  So just to clarify the proper process to shut down the gimbal.  Do we:
1.  Turn off the gimbal first
2.  Unmount the phone?  
3.  Fold?  
The phone mount does not line up properly with the handle when folded for storage.  It remains sideways and does not fit in the case.  What am I missing?  Please elaborate, I don't want to break my gimbal.
2019-10-2
Use props
djiuser_vlzibjyai6hs
New

FarmerMac Posted at 9-6 00:35
it "release" the phone.

2.  Unmount the phone?  
3.  Fold?  
The phone mount does not line up properly with the handle when folded for storage.  It remains sideways and does not fit in the case.  What am I missing?  Please elaborate, I don't want to break my gimbal.
2019-10-2
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

Turn off the gimbal FIRST. Wait about 10-15 seconds. Remove phone. Done.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Omar_88 Posted at 9-4 11:49
Dear Gamora

Thank you for the additional information. We're sorry for this trouble, I will highly recommend you to contact our designated department to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support and your unit will be sent into our repair facility team for further evaluation. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vlzibjyai6hs Posted at 10-2 20:53
2.  Unmount the phone?  

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, the process of shutting down the gimbal is correct. Also, can you please provide us a sample photo showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-4
Use props
HeikoKanzler
lvl.1

FarmerMac Posted at 9-6 00:35
it "release" the phone.

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought it's only my device who has this issue.
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_xTuz8aNHRWx3
lvl.1

Hi there,

I am a first time Gimbal owner and purchased my Osmo 3 Mobile yesterday.

I too also mistakenly turned on my Gimbal twice without the mobile device attached, the Gimbal shook violently. After the second time I realised that this was the incorrect thing to do.

My gimbal is working fine, I'm just concerned I may have done some damage to the motors in the Gimbal? Thoughts anyone?

2019-10-11
Use props
djiuser_NOmWH3JOuVSU
New

Hi.. I wanna ask something about my new dgi osmo 3. After tried balancing n press M, it turn my device up and down. When i tried to connect dji mimo, phone not mounted. What is that? I tried to figure it out watching youtube and read the manual, but im blank.. Im very excited but that problem turn me down..
2019-10-17
Use props
AlejandroMedina
lvl.2
Malaysia

I have the same problem, When Im turning off the Osmo Mobile 3 Start to shake ( Guess that could be nice if you want to prepare a Martini or any other drink ) I already try to calibrate the phone on vertical an horizontal way ( If I calibrate on vertical, just start to shake when Im turning on, but if calibrate on horizontal, the Osmo just shake when Im turning off).

And I remember before that the Osmo did not shake in that way.

This is a video of the issue
https://streamable.com/555wu
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_yBrvWtX826cW
New

Romania

Hello! I am posting here cos I cant start a new thread. I just purchased a new dji osmo mobile 3, used it for 3 days. And yesterday, after it showed 2 times gimbal error, when taking the phone out(iphone 7 plus) I noticed that the spring on one of the clamps is not working anymore. Therefore it's pretty hard to balance the phone in that and it shoes the error from time to time. Will the warranty fix this problem? And if not, do you know how the clamps are working? Is it a mechanical problem, like a spring or is any electronic thing inside? Thank you.
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_Vx2gc9e7MJUY
New

United States

سلام خدمت دوستان عزیز .
من مدتی با اوزمو ۳ خود کار نکردم و الان که میخواهم استفاده کنم ، اوزمو۳ دچار مشکل شده و موتور هایش گیج میزند و ثابت نمی ایستد . کسی میتواند به من کمک کند
سپاسگزارم
2022-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules