Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pre-Alpha test - autonomous target S1 tracking
1305 9 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkusXL
Second Officer

Okay, breaking new ground! I got the gimbal to autonomously track a target S1 independent of chassis movement.  It checks for "if PID error < .05 off center: fire the green LED for 1 sec and make a sound, maintain tracking, repeat".  I like that you can run your programs with a feature that allows your human input to affect chassis and/or gimbal movement.  Therefore quite sophisitcated AI assist programs are highly possible, even with the given beta state of the Python interface.

Dudes I'm just a hack and I'm seeing tons of potential here.  I can't wait until some serious Pythonistas get their mojo going on an S1 and share up!  

In this test, performance was actually not as shabby as it looks.  The target S1 was in idle state and it's LEDs were fading in and out, that might have affected low-light targeting.  The headlights, while an attempt to compensate for low light conditons, can throw back some glare at times, also affecting AI target acquisition.   Also, my PID parameters are probably not ideal for this job - there are another THREE variables to confuse us.  

Even so, I could tell the LED was scoring some "hits" directly onto hit detectors.  

The possibility of an S1 programmed to be an autonomous "Sentry" bot for team play just got a little closer!  Dang I wish I was better programmer!  I'm just copy paste tweakin' here!

LOL I have to point out, during early trials, I discovered the S1 can actually "target" the picture of the S1 on the side of the Box it came in!  So now all you guys can experiment with the S1 recognition feature!  Even shoot at the image on the box!

2019-9-4
Use props
Malibu Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143898 ft

Thanks for sharing your experience.
2019-9-4
Use props
maddox
Captain

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-9-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting video that you had captured. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for your support!
2019-9-5
Use props
BGA
Captain

As I understand it, for any autonomus program you just need to explicitly enable the chassis accelerator to allow for controlling the chassis even when the autonomous program is running. You can also explicitly enable the gimbal accelerator to be able to control it in autonomous mode. Note that this works even if your autonomous program is also trying to control the chassis/gimbal. it will just add whatever it wants to do to what you want to do and you will get an average of the competing movements. I assume this is what you did, right?
2019-9-5
Use props
MarkusXL
Second Officer

I was only controlling the chassis.   Next steps include adding some power to the wheels to see if we can follow another S1 around (while shooting at it, of course)   

I miss not being able to fire the Laser Blaster from my programs though...   Please unlock devs!  

2019-9-5
Use props
BGA
Captain

MarkusXL Posted at 9-5 09:03
I was only controlling the chassis.   Next steps include adding some power to the wheels to see if we can follow another S1 around (while shooting at it, of course)   

I miss not being able to fire the Laser Blaster from my programs though...   Please unlock devs!

It appears that in autonomous mode, you can not fire at all. Not even the gel beads.
2019-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Very cool to see!
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft