MP2 course drifts in Hyperlapse mode
1263 8 2019-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kiwi II
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8935482 ft

I have been experiencing quite a bit of course drifting while using Hyperlapse. I have eperienced this issue in all four modes. Does this sound like a repeat problem with other pilots?
2019-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Ive had it move up and down in hyperlaps like a bump in the road,  I also did a free hyperlapse the other day where I was just hovering,  first 14 mins was fine then I think some gusts of wind came by and it failed to hold position.
2019-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

You notice drift more on hyperlapse due to the length of time its in the air and speeded up footage.

If you stabilise the video afterwards you can usually remove all of it.
2019-9-5
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2309285 ft

Not really had a problem except in high wind speeds with gusts, so i don't do hyperlapse in those conditions. The video is created after the series of pictures have been taken depending on your settings and is only full HD not 4k. Also if the gimble is moved during the picture taking time that can effect final vid to give u unevenness.
2019-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

Just created the video yourself, you can frame, eliminate drift and stabilise it then (and have 4k+ output)
2019-9-5
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2309285 ft

Yes the only issue there is the filesizes 4k is a gig a minute and hyperlapse is160MB for 2k a minute. If you got the space 4k video is better.
2019-9-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to fly in a different location since there might be a strong wind on the location wherein you are performing the Hyperlapse. Also, can you please provide us a sample video for us to further isolate the problem? You can try also to calibrate your IMU to check if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

fans48f0c1a5 Posted at 9-5 07:14
Yes the only issue there is the filesizes 4k is a gig a minute and hyperlapse is160MB for 2k a minute. If you got the space 4k video is better.

File size isn't that bad.

A raw file is about 40mb an image.  Assuming 2 sec intervals thats 30 a minute so 1.2Gb per minute of flying.

Assuming you want to do a roughly 15 second hyperlapse its very roughly 375 x 40 so 15gb.

Pretty much everyone is flying with 16gb or higher cards these days so plenty of storage space.

Then the h.264 video itself comes in at only about 80mb or so once properly processed.

If you use the JPGs it works out about 4gb total so significantly smaller.

The pre-set hyperlapse video thing is fairly bad - its stabilisation isnt great, its a low resolution and highly compressed so a low quality.  This makes editing hard.  Its also cropped, sometimes a lot due to the stabilisation algorithm.

You're always going to be better off using the still images and putting them together in photoshop/premiere/lrtimelapse or software of choice.
My personal workflow is to stuff them into LRTimelapse, edit in lightroom then render and stabilise in Premiere.  But if you dont want that you can just shove the JPGs into premiere or photoshop and make a timelapse, albeit not as stable.

2019-9-5
Use props
huck222
lvl.1

Germany

experiencing the same. bad drifting, only noticable in Hyperlapse. Spent hours already emailing with the service guy. Calibrate this and that....very disappointed by the bad reliability. Had already this thing repaired once after really heavy drifting...
2019-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules