Ronin SC Fujifilm compatibility
12Next >
24214 74 2019-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
txel
lvl.2

I just bought a Ronin SC and I am greatly disappointed. DJI has just released a new firmware for the Ronin SC and still does not have full support for Fuji which is a serious problem for all Fuji owners in the world who are waiting for a Gimbal that they can use successfully.
I invite all the owners of Fuji to claim a solution now

2019-9-5
Use props
anuk
lvl.2

xt3 has just shutter for photos, so to start video, I'm using fuji remote in my phone ;)
2019-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi txel, what is the model of your Fujifilm camera? Ronin-SC only supports X-H1, X-T2 and X-T3 at the moment, we will explore the possibilities of adding more functions to these cameras. Please note our website of the future update, thank you. GTScreenshot_20190906_120011.png
2019-9-5
Use props
txel
lvl.2

My camera is a Fuji Xt2

The support offered by ronin sc is ONLY FOR PHOTOGRAPHY

1º The main use of a gimbal is the stabilization of video recording
2º The basic action in video recording is to turn the video recording on and off.
3º The compatibility with fuji x series is based on photography functions
4º DJI has just released a new firmware version for ronin SC without the main function we need to be able to use video recording in a useful way

Thanks for the information ... but our biggest wish is that ronin sc takes Fuji x series users seriously so this gimbal can be a reference tool
2019-9-6
Use props
txel
lvl.2

Can anyone help with the problem I find?
When connecting the ronin with the cable and adapter that comes in the box (USB-C to USB) the camera goes to Photo mode immediately (even if the camera selector is in the video position) and it is impossible to record video with the cable connected
(Fuji Xt2)
2019-9-6
Use props
anuk
lvl.2

txel Posted at 9-6 11:43
Can anyone help with the problem I find?
When connecting the ronin with the cable and adapter that comes in the box (USB-C to USB) the camera goes to Photo mode immediately (even if the camera selector is in the video position) and it is impossible to record video with the cable connected
(Fuji Xt2)

This is how it works. Moreover, I couldn't find any wireless remote for xt3 that supports video. I believe XT2 will work similar.
2019-9-7
Use props
txel
lvl.2

Thanks Anouk
This does not seem to be an appropriate procedure (disconnect the cable to operate the video recording on the camera)
2019-9-7
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-5 20:11
Hi txel, what is the model of your Fujifilm camera? Ronin-SC only supports X-H1, X-T2 and X-T3 at the moment, we will explore the possibilities of adding more functions to these cameras. Please note our website of the future update, thank you.[view_image]

DJI Mindy:

Why do you keep making comments such as "we will explore the possibilities of adding more functions to these cameras" when you clearly know the situation?  Such comments are mis-leading and give people false hope that the Ronin S (SC) will sometime in the future support such things as video record on/off--which is why people buy a gimbal.

The truth of the matter is that FujiFilm SDK does not support record on/off via USB!  Until FujiFilm adds this functionality to their SDK no video record on/off can be added Ronin S (SC).

On the Ronin S forum I have repeatedly asked the question of what is the status of conversations between DJI and FujiFilm on their SDK?  My question goes repeatedly unanswered by DJI Forum Administrators.  The silence is deafening!

The most likely outcome is that FujiFilm cameras will never be supported for the intended use of a gimbal by DJI (or any gimbal manufacture) for the foreseeable future!

Don Barar
2019-9-8
Use props
txel
lvl.2

Thank you  Don Barar for this important answer
The Fuji-DJI set are a disappointment
2019-9-8
Use props
txel
lvl.2

Thank you .... for this important answer
The Fuji-DJI set are a disappointment.
lThe problem is not only in this ... neither does s-track work.
and when connecting the cable to the camera and gimbal the Fuji Xt2 blocks all the functions (I can neither turn it off, nor record video with the cable connected). It's a mess and a huge frustration
2019-9-8
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>

txel Posted at 9-8 09:54
Thank you .... for this important answer
The Fuji-DJI set are a disappointment.
lThe problem is not only in this ... neither does s-track work.

Hi Txel:

You are most welcome.  I encourage you and other X-T3 users to contact Fujifilm in your home countries to request that FujiFilm update their SDK so that video record on/off can be controlled via USB.

Don Barar
2019-9-8
Use props
txel
lvl.2

FujiFilm SDK does not support record on/off via USB?
fuji users have to demand that Fujifilm and Ronin agree to offer this feature in reference cameras such as the x series.
I feel envious when I see a panasonic, sony, canon etc controlled by a Ronin SC
2019-9-10
Use props
ZavDV
lvl.3

I connected my Fuji X-T30 using Fuji Camera Remote via WiFi. The application allows you to shoot videos, not just photos.
I also connected my Fuji X-T30 using the fuji-cam-wifi-tool. In the end, I would like to get something like USB (from the DJI side) - WiFi (from the Fuji side) of the bridge.
Do I look like a madman?

2019-9-10
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

I would still rather take an update of the Fuji SDK, so that we can also use the Ronin as a means to power the camera while using it. But yes, the app is of course a viable option, but having native support is always nicer for just "go and shoot" operation, especially when you run something like an external recorder or a monitor.
2019-9-12
Use props
txel
lvl.2

I don't like the fuji app. I think I could improve a lot.
And if we have already set up a mobile phone to perform the active track or control the gimbal ... I think that placing a second phone is not a good solution ... or changing the app on the mobile screen
2019-9-12
Use props
mihai23378
lvl.1
Flight distance : 756289 ft
  • >>>

I can only paste what was written before. I agree all that points. I have a X-T3 cammera.

"My camera is a Fuji Xt2
The support offered by ronin sc is ONLY FOR PHOTOGRAPHY

1º The main use of a gimbal is the stabilization of video recording
2º The basic action in video recording is to turn the video recording on and off.
3º The compatibility with fuji x series is based on photography functions
4º DJI has just released a new firmware version for ronin SC without the main function we need to be able to use video recording in a useful way"
2019-9-12
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

I have asked Fuji directly, their SDK for the T series X cameras seems to allow full camera control over USB. So video should be included. I could be understanding them wrong, but from what they have told me the SDK is just not yet fully implemented.
2019-9-12
Use props
txel
lvl.2

DJI clarify then here whose problem is: DJI or Fujifilm?
2019-9-13
Use props
mihai23378
lvl.1
  • >>>

I am sure that the ball it is in dji field. They have to release another new firmware, because with this, it doesn't work for sure!
2019-9-16
Use props
txel
lvl.2

DJI what is the real problem?
Are you here?
2019-9-16
Use props
Herdiansyah
New

Hello DJI Administrator

I have bought DJI Ronin SC last two week and my camera is Fujifilm XT20. I have some problem with connecting DJI Ronin SC to my Camera. When I turn on the DJI and Camera, the camera screen is off and written on the screen is USB Cable. I cannot operate the camera by DJI like another camera such as Panasonic, Sony, etc. I am also read the update of the compatible camera in DJI Update and on this instruction like a picture that I crop below that I should use an additional  RSS cable to connect DJI with My Camera. So where I found the RSS Cable? is DJI Store sell the cable or I should take a look in the market? Please give me some advice to resolve my problems. thanks

2019-9-16
Use props
ZavDV
lvl.3

Hi!
I found in the DJI store such a cable for 19 euros
I think I'll make it cheaper myself
I need to figure out which 2 wires to use from the USB Type 3 side. From the side of Fuji, I know the scheme

fuji shutter pin jack

fuji shutter pin jack

2019-9-17
Use props
mihai23378
lvl.1
  • >>>

@ZavDV - do you think it is a problem with the way how it is connected? because in my bag I found a lot of cables that come when I buy it. None of them are like this one saw it on the store. Anyone try this cable?
2019-9-18
Use props
ZavDV
lvl.3

The Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm is similar to the DJI Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Panasonic. But Fuji uses 2.5 TRS cable (stereo). The diagram above works with my Fuji X-T30 without any problems. Unfortunately, I do not know the connection scheme of TRS to USB (Ronin).
I think the original cable for Fuji works
I am from Russia and so far I can’t buy a cable for checking it ((
medium_e1dcdf1a-0b94-4571-b7a4-b734f61b8f1f.jpg
Ronin-SC-RSS-Control-Cable-for-Panasonic.jpg
Ronin-SC-RSS-Control-Cable-for-Panasonic.jpg
2019-9-19
Use props
mihai23378
lvl.1
  • >>>

I write yesterday an email to support department. this is the message received from them:

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting DJI.

We are grateful to assist you with your concern.

Yes you are correct. When connecting X-T3 camera to Ronins SC with the ① Ronin-SC Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C) (in the box), the Ronin-SC can only control the camera to Capture photo/Trigger auto focus.

And when connecting with this cable (https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-sc-rss-control-cable-for-fujifilm), you can use Ronin-SC to control the camera to Start/stop recording video/Capture photo/Trigger auto focus.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/20190912/Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.
Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Vivian
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

2019-9-19
Use props
stefano poma
lvl.1

mihai23378 Posted at 9-19 00:41
I write yesterday an email to support department. this is the message received from them:

Dear customer,

does someone try with this cable?

Please, in your mail can you also ask if all the other featurs (track 3.0, time lapse, smartphone as a monitor) are support with this cable?
2019-9-20
Use props
txel
lvl.2

mihai23378 Posted at 9-19 00:41

Dear customer,

If this works it would be great news.
Can you expand more information?
Anyone who can confirm it?
2019-9-20
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

Just from reading the manual of the camera, it must work.
2019-9-21
Use props
txel
lvl.2

Everything is very confusing
The DJI support service informed me that fuji video control was not available because fujifilm did not include this in its SDK.
Now we have this cable that promises access to this control. I think the first person to try it could tell us their experience.
In the Canary Islands where I live is not available
If this is read by a DJI moderator, it could help to make things clear

2019-9-21
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

I would want to test it, but I don't yet have either the Ronin here nor a Fuji camera with support for the 2.5mm cable.
2019-9-21
Use props
fans7c91fd5b
lvl.3

I just received the Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm today. With it, the red button on the Ronin-SC triggers both shutter release for photos and start/stop for video recording. Additionally, the Ronin app also now successfully triggers video recording when using the motion track function. I did not have time to test more functionality than this.   
2019-9-23
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2

Does anyone has tested the same for the Ronin S or this is related to the firmware compatibility?

Thanks
2019-9-24
Use props
stefano poma
lvl.1

fans7c91fd5b Posted at 9-23 22:17
I just received the Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm today. With it, the red button on the Ronin-SC triggers both shutter release for photos and start/stop for video recording. Additionally, the Ronin app also now successfully triggers video recording when using the motion track function. I did not have time to test more functionality than this.

With the cable can you see the video on your smartphone (like external monitor)?
and all the app functions work?

With ronin sc and "standard" cable you shouln't.

Thanks
2019-9-24
Use props
txel
lvl.2

I just received the Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm today. With it, the red button on the Ronin-SC triggers both shutter release for photos and start/stop for video recording. Additionally, the Ronin app also now successfully triggers video recording when using the motion track function. I did not have time to test more functionality than this.

What fuji model do you have?
2019-9-24
Use props
fans7c91fd5b
lvl.3

txel Posted at 9-24 09:12
What fuji model do you have?

I have the Fuji X-T3. In response to the question about the cable allowing video to be seen on my smartphone, the cable has a very simple function. It basically transfers all the capabilities of the camera's shutter button to the red button on the Ronin SC. It doesn't affect anything more advanced such as focus control or the monitoring of camera video on your smartphone.
2019-9-25
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

And for video preview I would rather want an external monitor (maybe even a DJI one). Especially with the Fuji X-T3 you can have external and in body recording at the same time if you want.
2019-9-25
Use props
txel
lvl.2

2019-9-26
Use props
Superbaso
lvl.3
  • >>>

So does motion time lapse function?
2019-9-27
Use props
txel
lvl.2

...!
I am very tired of this ronin sc I bought the RSS cable for fuji connecting to an xt2. The video control works and s-track too
but it doesn't shoot photos or timelapse ... a disaster. If anyone has any experience to comment we would appreciate it. I will write an email to DJI support (but I think they will not answer or send an image of the manual)
2019-10-4
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

txel Posted at 10-4 10:45
...!
I am very tired of this ronin sc I bought the RSS cable for fuji connecting to an xt2. The video control works and s-track too
but it doesn't shoot photos or timelapse ... a disaster. If anyone has any experience to comment we would appreciate it. I will write an email to DJI support (but I think they will not answer or send an image of the manual)

Shouldn't you just need to switch the camera modes to photo instead of video?
2019-10-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules