Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GeoFencing
1492 5 2019-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BuntingRF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1139925 ft

I was flying over Chemong Lake (near Peterborough, ON), videoing a boat on the water, when the Mavic 2 Pro abruptly stopped while crossing the lake and the smart controller said "restricted airspace". I checked the Flight Restrictions Info app and it did not show any restricted areas near this lake. I checked the Transport Canada - Drone Safety interactive map, which also did not show any restrictions in the area. Would anyone have any suggestions on where I can look to see why the smart controller thought the airspace was restricted? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I will highly recommend you to check our Geozone map on our website when flying in a different location for you to check whether the location is inside the DJI No-Fly zone. You may refer to the link below. For further assistance regarding unlocking a zone if the location is in the red restricted area, you may directly contact our designated department at flysafe@dji.com. Hope this helps. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-9-7
Use props
BuntingRF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1139925 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-7 14:56
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I will highly recommend you to check our Geozone map on our website when flying in a different location for you to check whether the location is inside the DJI No-Fly zone. You may refer to the link below. For further assistance regarding unlocking a zone if the location is in the red restricted area, you may directly contact our designated department at . Hope this helps. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

I want to thank-you for your response, it is very much appreciated.  I have attached a picture from the DJI flysafe geo-map of the area that I was flying in (inside the green box, which I added to the picture). Id does not show any restrictions. The Flight Restrictions app in the DJI Smart Controller does not show any restrictions and the Transport Canada - Drone Safety Interactive Map (https://nrc.canada.ca/en/drone-tool/) does not show any restrictions, so I am still trying to figure out what information the Mavic 2 / Smart Controller was using to determine it was restricted airspace.  

Any other suggests would be most appreciated - I will continue to search.

Thanks again.

2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BuntingRF Posted at 9-10 04:56
I want to thank-you for your response, it is very much appreciated.  I have attached a picture from the DJI flysafe geo-map of the area that I was flying in (inside the green box, which I added to the picture). Id does not show any restrictions. The Flight Restrictions app in the DJI Smart Controller does not show any restrictions and the Transport Canada - Drone Safety Interactive Map (https://nrc.canada.ca/en/drone-tool/) does not show any restrictions, so I am still trying to figure out what information the Mavic 2 / Smart Controller was using to determine it was restricted airspace.  

Any other suggests would be most appreciated - I will continue to search.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will highly recommend you to directly contact our designated department at flysafe@dji.com for them to help you further with this concern. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-10
Use props
Nokinian
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-10 12:22
Thank you for the prompt reply. I will highly recommend you to directly contact our designated department at  for them to help you further with this concern. Thank you for your continued support!

Hi there - sorry, just on relation ot your statement: "...check whether the location is inside the DJI No-Fly zone."
Do I understand from this that DJI as its own "no-fly" zones? No-fly zones which , by the sounds of things, don't necessarily correlate with anyone else's no-fly zones? I wish I had known this before I had invested in my Mavic Air, if this is the case.
2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nokinian Posted at 9-20 17:31
Hi there - sorry, just on relation ot your statement: "...check whether the location is inside the DJI No-Fly zone."
Do I understand from this that DJI as its own "no-fly" zones? No-fly zones which , by the sounds of things, don't necessarily correlate with anyone else's no-fly zones? I wish I had known this before I had invested in my Mavic Air, if this is the case.

Hi, thank you for reaching out. DJI’s GEO System delineates where it is safe to fly, where flight may raise concerns, and where a flight is restricted. GEO zones that prohibit flight are implemented around locations such as airports, power plants, and prisons. They are also implemented temporarily around major stadium events, forest fires, or other emergency situations. Certain GEO zones don’t prohibit flight but do trigger warnings that inform users of potential risks. As a DJI pilot, you are solely responsible for ensuring your flights are conducted safely and in accordance with all local laws and regulations. Hope this helps. Thank you!
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules