Mavic Air repair
1606 5 2019-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TinoC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1045404 ft

Hi.
I chrashed my Mavic Air into a tree while I was trying ActiveTrack for the first time. Had a bad experience since it crashed. I went to the local DJI store and left it for repair on 3º of september.
Fan makes noise and GPS not functioning.
Today I got a call telling me that the repair will cost 157€ (fan + GPS module). I don't have DJI refresh because when I wanted to activate it (day of purchase) I got an error message saying that this was not avaialable in my country (Portugal). But ok.
My question is the following. They told me that it can take up 2 to 3 week to get it fixed because the fan is out of stock and DJI would need this time to deliver it to the store. Is that normal??
I'm very sad about this because tomorow I go on vacation and want to fly and make some footage for the contest and now I can't .

Kind regards
2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

HI, I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your Mavic Air. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and a corresponding resolution would be provided. With regards, to your query, the turn around time for repairs is approximately 5-7 business days excluding the shipment back and forth and for the DJI Care Refresh it's available on Portugal please see attached file for reference: but you can only purchase it after repair since the unit crashed so what we suggest sending in the unit for further investigations.  If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!

2019-9-6
Use props
TinoC
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 9-6 11:22
HI, I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your Mavic Air. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and a corresponding resolution would be provided. With regards, to your query, the Turn around time for repairs is approximately 5-7 business days excluding the shipment back and forth and for the DJI Care Refresh it's available on Portugal please see attached file for reference: but you can only purchase it after repair since the unit crashed so what we suggest now is sending in the unit for further investigations.  If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!

[view_image]

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunatly I can't sent it in because the DJI Store here in Porto/Portugal has already my approval to repair it. It's only a shame that it will take so long.

When I get it back I will purchase the DJI Care Refresh.

Thank you very much and have a great weekend.
2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TinoC Posted at 9-6 11:37
Hi Diana,

Thanks for your quick reply.

You're most welcome Tin. If you need anything else, please let us know. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-9-6
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

This sucks man, hopefully you can get it repaired fast!
2019-9-7
Use props
TinoC
Second Officer

SupCarlos Posted at 9-7 08:32
This sucks man, hopefully you can get it repaired fast!

Yes it sucks. I'm now in vacation in a beautiful place without my MA. At least I still have the Osmo Mobile 2 with me and can make some ground footage but it's not the as from the air.

Thank you.
Tino
DJI_20190908_191737.jpg
DJI_20190908_191630.jpg
DJI_20190908_191608.jpg
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules