Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ipega Extending Game Controller and RoboMaster S1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

I finally got around to trying two of my gamepad controllers with cradles to see if I could get them to work with my S1.

First, I tried my DJI Tello's Gamesir T1d controller, hoping that some fortunate event, the DJI development team would have followed in the DJI Tello development steps and re-used the code used to couple the T1d to the Tello. Well... No such luck. The T1d will not couple with my Android Samsung S8 smartphone at all and the RoboMaster app will not do so either.

Second, I own an ipega Extending Game Controller, shown below. The ipega can accommodate any 5in to 10in smartphone or tablet.

I coupled the ipega, in GamePad mode, with the RoboMaster S1 app using the Octopus app. With the RoboMaster app running in Solo Mode, it was quite easy to map the two joysticks onto the left and right touchpad regions on the screen, the left and right triggers onto the firing pads and the "Y" key onto the Custom Skills pad.

The results? WOW! I instantaneously fell in love with working with two real joysticks. It makes one wonder why the DJI development team decided to go with only one joystick on the S1 Gamepad controller, which I should be receiving soon.

2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rhoude57 - YUL. Thank you for sharing these information and sharing your information with regards to these GamePad you have used on your DJI Robomaster S1. Rest assured that this information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Robomaster S1 and it's accessories. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-6
Use props
albertr
lvl.4

"It makes one wonder why the DJI development team decided to go with only one joystick on the S1 Gamepad controller"

I bet we will see more accessories from DJI coming for the S1. Maybe two joystick pad model for  $158 ($79*2)?

-albertr
2019-9-6
Use props
MarkusXL
Second Officer

Excellent hack buddy!  I'm pleased and amazed that works!  Now totally jealous I WANT!!!  
2019-9-6
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

albertr Posted at 9-6 15:24
"It makes one wonder why the DJI development team decided to go with only one joystick on the S1 Gamepad controller"

I bet we will see more accessories from DJI coming for the S1. Maybe two joystick pad for  $158 ($79*2)?

I would soooo love to see DJI develop a Smart Controller based on the Mavic Air smart controller option like shown below.

Pricey, perhaps, but so cool!

Alternately, the older Phantom/Inspire style Smart Controller used with the larger RoboMaster robots would be interesting.

2019-9-6
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft

Great idea!
I just ordered one myself. Thanks for letting us know about this.
2019-9-6
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer

The ipega controller works great with both my Android phone and Android tablet. Thanks for suggesting this.
I tried using a Playstation 4 controller without any luck. The PS4 control binds with Android but it apparently doesn't interface with the Robomaster S1 app the same way as the ipega controller.
2019-9-21
Use props
JB63
Second Officer
  • >>>

I second the 'disappointment' with the Gamepad with only ONE joystick. I was so looking forward to the gamepad, but once I got it (few days ago) and after a short while playing with the RM, I 'realized' it was missing something ... Not sure what DJI was thinking when they included only one joystick ... was it a design challenge to have cable connections between the left/right sides of the controllers ... when the sides are NOT fixed one relative to the other?
2019-9-21
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer

JB63 Posted at 9-21 19:05
I second the 'disappointment' with the Gamepad with only ONE joystick. I was so looking forward to the gamepad, but once I got it (few days ago) and after a short while playing with the RM, I 'realized' it was missing something ... Hot sure what DJI as thinking when they included only one joystick ... was it a design challenge to have cable connections between the left/right sides of the controllers ... when the sides are NOT fixed one relative to the other?

"was it a design challenge to have cable connections between the left/right sides of the controllers"
It shouldn't be. There are LOTS of dual joystick controllers with expandable areas for phones and tablets.
2019-9-21
Use props
JB63
Second Officer
  • >>>

Duane Degn Posted at 9-21 19:15
It shouldn't be. There are LOTS of dual joystick controllers with expandable areas for phones and tablets.

Thank you ... it was a bit of a rhetorical question
2019-9-22
Use props
charliesoh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1161024 ft
Singapore

Hi rhoudhe57 - thanks for sharing the information any advise which model of ipega controller works. Thank your contributions indeed.

Finally managed to lay my hands on the Ipega 9023S controller and find that it turns out to be far easier as well as fun to use with the Robomaster S1.

Thank you rhoudhe57 for the suggestion.
2019-12-3
Use props
CK KOH
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi, can someone provide a link on how to map ipega 9023 gamepad for robomaster? Thank you in advance.
2021-9-23
Use props
BGA
Captain
United States

CK KOH Posted at 9-23 23:29
Hi, can someone provide a link on how to map ipega 9023 gamepad for robomaster? Thank you in advance.

You need an app like this for that:

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ;hl=en_US&gl=US
2021-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules