Small Rig Solution!
2155 22 2019-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

Perhaps this might be of interest to users as a potential solution to balancing heavier setups! I'll post again when it arrives.

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-counterweight-mounting-plate-for-dji-ronin-sc-bss2420.html
2019-9-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info!
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-7 03:56
Thanks for the info!

My pleasure, if it can help folk alls good
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day M2Wair. Thank you for sharing this link regarding the counterweight mounting plate for DJI Ronin SC with us today and thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-7 06:57
Hello and good day M2Wair. Thank you for sharing this link regarding the counterweight mounting plate for DJI Ronin SC with us today and thank you for your valued support.

My pleasure Stephen, hopefully it helps those with heavier set ups that dont have the Ronin S to fall back on.
2019-9-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-7 06:23
My pleasure, if it can help folk alls good

One of the nice things of this forum
2019-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing John
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-7 08:00
One of the nice things of this forum

100% agree with you, I have lost count the number of times somebody has come to the rescue here and pointed out a solution to a problem we had faced. Generally resolved very quickly by knowledgeable forum members, try this, do that, problem solved. Love the forum and most of the members.
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-7 08:58
Thanks for sharing John

Thanks Andy, I hope it does help some folk. Miche has stolen my Ronin SC and exchanged it for her Ronin S and when her new gimbal arrives i know the donkey that will be carrying everything ha ha
2019-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-7 09:14
Thanks Andy, I hope it does help some folk. Miche has stolen my Ronin SC and exchanged it for her Ronin S and when her new gimbal arrives i know the donkey that will be carrying everything ha ha

Special back packs here we come
2019-9-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-7 09:11
100% agree with you, I have lost count the number of times somebody has come to the rescue here and pointed out a solution to a problem we had faced. Generally resolved very quickly by knowledgeable forum members, try this, do that, problem solved. Love the forum and most of the members.

Very very true!
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

M2Wair Posted at 9-7 07:13
My pleasure Stephen, hopefully it helps those with heavier set ups that dont have the Ronin S to fall back on.

You are very much welcome M2Wair. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-7 09:16
Special back packs here we come

She had me build her a sit on portable articulated full suspension dolly a while back. The idea was to make things easier to carry kit and use as a usable dolly for filming. The only problem you need the incredible hulk to lift it into and out of the car and when fully loaded a carthorse to pull it. The girl has a mountain of kit and a backpack won't cut the mustard lol. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it has to come with us and cant be left behind...... she suffers from "what if I need it" syndrome.

Did I mention I created a monster when I introduced her to drones ha ha ha

2019-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-7 10:15
She had me build her a sit on portable articulated full suspension dolly a while back. The idea was to make things easier to carry kit and use as a usable dolly for filming. The only problem you need the incredible hulk to lift it into and out of the car and when fully loaded a carthorse to pull it. The girl has a mountain of kit and a backpack won't cut the mustard lol. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it has to come with us and cant be left behind...... she suffers from "what if I need it" syndrome.

Did I mention I created a monster when I introduced her to drones ha ha ha

OMG mate - I thought the Inspire 1 case was heavy enough but that sounds like a van load! I don't envy you
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-7 10:17
OMG mate - I thought the Inspire 1 case was heavy enough but that sounds like a van load! I don't envy you

We're off to Italy early next year and it is all coming with us to film and shoot a ballerina. We wont be flying but driving lol I cant comfortably carry her cameras and lenses never mind the drones, gimbals, monitors, lights, softboxes, lightstands and a host of other gear she's collected. Our postman poor devil is kept busy on his wee pushbike with her deliveries lol amazon is her new love
2019-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-7 11:20
We're off to Italy early next year and it is all coming with us to film and shoot a ballerina. We wont be flying but driving lol I cant comfortably carry her cameras and lenses never mind the drones, gimbals, monitors, lights, softboxes, lightstands and a host of other gear she's collected. Our postman poor devil is kept busy on his wee pushbike with her deliveries lol amazon is her new love

Rather you than me buddy
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-7 12:22
Rather you than me buddy

I'm going to enjoy this one, outstanding venues, unbelievable ballet dancers and good food, whats not to like. I can't wait.
2019-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-7 13:08
I'm going to enjoy this one, outstanding venues, unbelievable ballet dancers and good food, whats not to like. I can't wait.

Great location but the all gear would do my head in
2019-9-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-7 23:12
Great location but the all gear would do my head in

I'm buying a van type thing mate, looks like an ordinary van on the outside, but has a bed, TV, cooker, toilet and enough space for all the gear and god forbid the kitchen sink, wardrobes, and everything else we might need for long road trips. The bonus is it will make a good fishing van and i can get rid of the 8 birth camper van thats been used once, its like driving a bus.

The gear is a must have and with the van easier to get on location, so win win.
2019-9-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-8 00:50
I'm buying a van type thing mate, looks like an ordinary van on the outside, but has a bed, TV, cooker, toilet and enough space for all the gear and god forbid the kitchen sink, wardrobes, and everything else we might need for long road trips. The bonus is it will make a good fishing van and i can get rid of the 8 birth camper van thats been used once, its like driving a bus.

The gear is a must have and with the van easier to get on location, so win win.

Then you'll be all set for the off mate and a major road trip fully equipped - can t wait to see all the footage
2019-9-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-8 01:11
Then you'll be all set for the off mate and a major road trip fully equipped - can t wait to see all the footage

I winge and cry when money is involved but
If anybody knew the work and effort Miche has been putting in to her cinematography, its incredible. So a few pounds investing in her passion is so so so worth it.

She's spent hour's learning FCPX, gained impossible permissions to film in locations that would be otherwise impossible to get. Booked models and dancers of the highest calibre and her attention to detail when coming up with a story board is just incredible and getting everybody to sing off the same song sheet a challenge. Im just so enjoying the journey she's taking me on. I have something to get up in the morning for.  I'm still going to get heart palpitations when she mentions "I need" but most women buy shoes, clothes, handbags, etc my woman has a gear addiction lol
2019-9-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>

You learn something new everyday. If you triple click the m button the Ronin SC it goes into a barrel roll functionality. Double click left/right on the stick and the Ronin SC barrel rolls automatically. Nice DJI
2019-9-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-8 02:12
I winge and cry when money is involved but
If anybody knew the work and effort Miche has been putting in to her cinematography, its incredible. So a few pounds investing in her passion is so so so worth it.

fair play to her - great to see her passion in the hobby evolve to another level mate
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules