Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor spare parts availability
1093 4 2019-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Foogy64
lvl.1

I live in Scotland and recently crashed my inspire1 into some rocks which damaged the landing gear and anti vibration board which I thought would be readily available from my nearest DJI dealer but when I phoned up I learned that dji have more or less stopped making parts for my drone and are now concentrating on the inspire 2. I only bought my inspire 1 just over 2 years ago for the thick end of £1800 and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a really good spares availability for a good few years after spending that kind of money but the shop that sold me it says if they want to order spare parts from dji it has to be a minimum of a £500 order! In the end I managed to find the parts I needed on an American site which is far from ideal as I will have to wait for weeks for them to be delivered and I will,have to pay import tax! But what choice do I have? None!!! I certainly can’t afford to upgrade to an inspire 2 which will no doubt be out of date in a couple of years and have the same set of problems that I and no doubt countless others are experiencing. So if anyone knows of a good source of spare parts within the uk or eu then that would help greatly but it has to be said that this is a poor show for customers who have spent thousands of pounds on a quality product from dji but with absolutely no regard for them once they have banked your money
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your Inspire 2. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply and sending in the unit to the Recommended Service Center will void its warranty to DJI directly please see attached file for reference.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI does not recommend doing a DIY dissembling and reassembling your DJI drone. To avoid further damage on the said unit and this process can void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank for understanding and for your support. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!

2019-9-7
Use props
Foogy64
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2019-9-7 13:26
Hi, I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your Inspire 2. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply and sending in the unit to the Recommended Service Center will void its warranty to DJI directly please see attached file for reference.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI does not recommend doing a DIY dissembling and reassembling your DJI drone. To avoid further damage on the said unit and this process can void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank for understanding and for your support. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!

[view_image]

Thank you for your response but you are mistaken in that you say I have an inspire 2,: I have an inspire 1 which I know is not covered by my warranty any longer so that is not an option for repair. I have contacted the dji dealer who i originally purchased the drone from to get a repair estimate or obtain replacement parts as it is a fairly simple fix but the dealer advised me that he couldn’t undertake a repair or supply the parts I needed as they simply were no longer available from dji which I have to say is shockingly bad considering the cost of an inspire 1, when I paid almost £1800 for my drone I expected the parts availability to be good for at least 5 to 10 years but it seems this isn’t the case, as soon as a newer model becomes available then parts availability for the older model seems to be non existent unless you can find new old stock somewhere or purchase second hand parts if you can find them. So if there is a solution you can suggest then I would be delighted to hear what that might be.
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Foogy64,
I understand your disappointment. Your feedback will be forwarded to the corresponding team to increase customer satisfaction for the future.
2020-7-24
Use props
Foogy64
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-24 00:17
Hi Foogy64,
I understand your disappointment. Your feedback will be forwarded to the corresponding team to increase customer satisfaction for the future.

I’m sorry but that sounds like a very lame response and is basically saying we have read your comments but nothing is going to change! I would like a solution to my problem ie can I somehow obtain the parts I need from dji or is my £1800 drone effectively a useless pile of spare parts for someone else to take apart and use what they can? Come on dji, this is your chance to show that you can go the extra mile and help customers like me who spend a lot of money buying your products and expect a decent level of back up when things go wrong
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules