Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Firmware Issue
1241 2 2019-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erikthunder
lvl.1

Hello all! I am hoping that I can get some guidance on how to deal with an issue I am having regarding firmware on my AC and RC.

I had not used my Inspire V1 for about one year and I decided I wanted to fly it yesterday. The AC was in travel mode and I turned on the RC to get the Inspsire out of travel mode. The AC and RC turned on and connected successfully, but the Inspire would not come out of travel mode even when using the correct steps. The Inspire started to come out of travel mode, moved slightly, then remained in travel mode. I am still not sure why this happened but I restarted the AC and RC multiple times and kept trying.

I thought that maybe the RC and AC firmware was out of date and was causing communication issues, so I made the mistake of updating the RC firmware. After updating I realized my mistake of updating the RC firmware before the AC firmware. I then rolled back the RC firmware to 1.6.00 and then 1.5.580, but the RC would not connect to the AC on either of those versions. I do not know what firmware the AC has on it now and I cannot check since th AC cannot connect to the RC.

Essentially I have an Inspire 1 stuck in travel mode and I cannot connect the AC to the RC anymore. Is it possible that my Inspire has a different software version other than 1.6.00 or 1.5.580? How would you advice me to proceed?

Thank you!

Erik
2019-9-7
Use props
Airport Dog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>

I think I would do a refresh on the bird  to the desired firmware version then the rc to the same.
That should solve the first unknown. Hopefully that will do it.
2019-9-8
Use props
Airport Dog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>

Duh, sorry brain dead. Just remembered the stuck in travel mode part.
I think everybody has done the rc update first quagmire.
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules