DRONE COMPASS ERROR
9672 4 2019-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf611d538
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163281 ft

So today I was flying in about 15mph winds with my dji spark at night, and I got a "compass error-exited gps mode." I instantly lost all control of my drone. I had a little but not much. I was able to keep it away from hitting trees but it was close. The drone was out of control. I luckily connected back to gps and landed the drone safely. Now my question is, if this happens again and I am further away with my drone, will the drone always come back home? Or will the drone be gone forever?
2019-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>

If GPS is lost due to a compass error it will enter ATTI mode due to the compass data being corrupted in the flight recorder and will not know where the home point is to return to in the event of signal loss occurring whilst GPS is also lost or your pressing the RTH button. To prevent a potential fly away you will need to manually navigate the drone back to you as you did by flying in VLOS. If signal is not lost after the compass error then use the map view and your camera view to assist in manually returning. Most compass errors only occur for a short period in flight on the rare occasion it happens. This is due to the Spark having no compass redundancy (one compass) so heavy electromagnetic interference can generate a temporary error. Keep the drone away from telephone masts, pylons etc to help prevent this. Note too that whilst in ATTI mode the environmental conditions you are flying in will cause the drone to drift significantly so knowing the direction and speed of the wind will also help you counter that to maintain a more controlled return flight.
2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The failsafe RTH would be automatically activated if the remote controller would be disconnected to the drone. However, having active interferences within the location, may not perform the RTH procedure properly and cause an incident to the drone. We would recommend flying the drone in an open area without interferences and always do the pre-flight checklist prior to the flight. You may also refer to the screenshots below about GPS and RTH procedure. Thank you for your support.

2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_ueX72W2ROjGo
New

DJI Tony Posted at 9-9 11:53
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The failsafe RTH would be automatically activated if the remote controller would be disconnected to the drone. However, having active interferences within the location, may not perform the RTH procedure properly and cause an incident to the drone. We would recommend flying the drone in an open area without interferences and always do the pre-flight checklist prior to the flight. You may also refer to the screenshots below about GPS and RTH procedure. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

I have the same problem: during the flight error "exit p-gps" was occured sometimes. I was trying to land it, but instantly my Sparj lost any control and disapeared from the view with hight of 43 m.
I try to return it to home switching on "RTH" mode, but without success. Few seconds after the connection was lost. What I have to do? Is there some way to find it?
I lost it completely with 12 satellits signal on GPS and 74% of battery charge.

On the flight records his way was ended when the error was occured.

2019-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ueX72W2ROjGo Posted at 9-12 02:43
I have the same problem: during the flight error "exit p-gps" was occured sometimes. I was trying to land it, but instantly my Sparj lost any control and disapeared from the view with hight of 43 m.
I try to return it to home switching on "RTH" mode, but without success. Few seconds after the connection was lost. What I have to do? Is there some way to find it?
I lost it completely with 12 satellits signal on GPS and 74% of battery charge.

Hi, I'm sorry to know about the mishap that happened to your drone. We highly recommend syncing your flight records and contact our support using the link below for you to have a case. Furthermore, the warranty would depend on the outcome of the investigation and the warranty period of your unit. If you wish to contact our support, please click the link below. Thank you for your support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules