Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet issue
1023 16 2019-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StarRider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58599 ft

Not sure when it started, but I can't fly in NFZ after getting clearance to fly when the controller is hooked up to my tablet.  When I connect my phone to the controller, I can take off.When connected to tablet, I use the phone as mobile hotspot to get wifi to the tablet.

Any ideas what went wrong?
2019-9-8
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

sign out on tablet and yhen resign in with your DJI account
2019-9-8
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4

EFRPIC Posted at 9-8 06:56
sign out on tablet and yhen resign in with your DJI account

I'm not sure what you want me to resign into.
I use Kittyhawk to unlock NFZ. I do that on the phone and download to the drone. I can then fly.Then hook up the tablet, and can't fly. I run Kittyhawk again from the tablet. It seems to go smoothly. but i can't take off.
On the DJI GO4 app, it tells me I'm in a NFZ and can't take off. If I attach my phone instead of the tablet, I can take off.
Hope this explains my problem a little better.
2019-9-8
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

OK. A little unclear. DJI has their own NFZs in the software for the drone. Kittyhawk can give you clearance but DJI zones are not integrated into that. You need to do a custom unlock. Can you not use Kittyhawk on your tablet?
2019-9-8
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft

StarRider,  I think you have the same problem I do.  When you give the phone number to receive the verification code, it seems that you give your phone number of the one you mention in your statement of the problem, is that right?  Then when you go to fly, you try to use the Tablet with the controller, I think that's right.  All I can figure out at this point in time, is that the authorization rests with the phone, IT has the authorization , where the Tablet has not been communication with the authorization system.  I have had the exact problem and still do.  The only way I have found around it is to hook the phone that received the authorization directly to the Drone and copy/download it to the Drone, or do it with the Phone and Aircraft Controller.  Good luck, I sure hope this helps.
2019-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried unlocking here - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock
2019-9-8
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4

StarRider,  I think you have the same problem I do.  When you give the phone number to receive the verification code, it seems that you give your phone number of the one you mention in your statement of the problem, is that right?  Then when you go to fly, you try to use the Tablet with the controller, I think that's right.  All I can figure out at this point in time, is that the authorization rests with the phone, IT has the authorization , where the Tablet has not been communication with the authorization system.  I have had the exact problem and still do.  The only way I have found around it is to hook the phone that received the authorization directly to the Drone and copy/download it to the Drone, or do it with the Phone and Aircraft Controller.  Good luck, I sure hope this helps.

HH1, this is exactly my problem.  I'm thinking after getting authorization on the phone, downloading it to the drone, then swapping out the phone for the tablet the drone would be able to take off.  That is not the case.
There must be some way to accomplish this.
2019-9-9
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 23:45
Have you tried unlocking here - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock

Yes, have also tried this.  Works when phone is attached, but not tablet.
2019-9-9
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4

EFRPIC Posted at 9-8 11:34
OK. A little unclear. DJI has their own NFZs in the software for the drone. Kittyhawk can give you clearance but DJI zones are not integrated into that. You need to do a custom unlock. Can you not use Kittyhawk on your tablet?

I have Kittyhawk in the tablet also.  All seems to go smoothly with authorization, but when I try to take off it says I'm in NFZ and won't start.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

StarRider Posted at 9-9 02:01
Yes, have also tried this.  Works when phone is attached, but not tablet.

You'll need a working data connection for the tablet to be able to update.
2019-9-9
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 02:43
You'll need a working data connection for the tablet to be able to update.

I get data to the tablet via wifi from my phones mobile hotspot.  Still no luck.
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the third-party that has mentioned was not produced by DJI, however, we would like to ensure that there will no problem on our part. Therefore, we would recommend using the DJI GO 4 app to see if this would allow you to fly the drone. In any case, that you would like to request for unlocking zones, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock or send an email to our designated department who handle this kind of matter which is flysafe@dji.com In addition to this matter, I would like to ask if you manage to check if the phone and tablet are running the same version of the Flysafe Database? Please let us know about the latest progress.  Thank you for your support.
2019-9-9
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4

DJI Tony Posted at 9-9 14:49
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the third-party that has mentioned was not produced by DJI, however, we would like to ensure that there will no problem on our part. Therefore, we would recommend using the DJI GO 4 app to see if this would allow you to fly the drone. In any case, that you would like to request for unlocking zones, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock or send an email to our designated department who handle this kind of matter which is  In addition to this matter, I would like to ask if you manage to check if the phone and tablet are running the same version of the Flysafe Database? Please let us know about the latest progress.  Thank you for your support.

yes, same version.
2019-9-9
Use props
HH1
lvl.4

StarRider Posted at 9-9 02:00
HH1, this is exactly my problem.  I'm thinking after getting authorization on the phone, downloading it to the drone, then swapping out the phone for the tablet the drone would be able to take off.  That is not the case.
There must be some way to accomplish this.

I have done as you described about getting authorization on the phone then downloading to aircraft, then switch to the tablet, and it worked.  However, I forget if I got the authorization while the phone was connected to the Aircraft Controller, or connecting the aircraft to the phone and downloading then.  After checking on Voice over Internet Protocol, and Voice over LTE, I have come to the conclusion that I can't get the authorization on the Tablet.  However, as others here have said the Mini 4 works well for flying the drone, so it is plenty good for areas where you do NOT need authorization.  I use it that way in the back yard.  Best of luck, I truly know what a headache you are going through.  Thanks for texting.  Also, does your tablet give the message:  "sorry that party has chosen not to receive messages."  When you try to text the tablet?  Another thing is that when the authorization is sent from Dji, it IS sent by TEXT.  I am with you the data part of the tablet and the wi-fi also do a good job, just won't receive TEXT messages or VOICE.

2019-9-9
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4

I use to be able to fly with tablet in areas I can't now.  Not sure which update this all started with. I'll contact DJI support to see what they come up with.
Thanks for trying to help me out guys.
2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

StarRider Posted at 9-10 13:56
I use to be able to fly with tablet in areas I can't now.  Not sure which update this all started with. I'll contact DJI support to see what they come up with.
Thanks for trying to help me out guys.

Hi, thanks for the update. May we know if you could fly the drone with this particular tablet now?
2019-9-10
Use props
HH1
lvl.4

StarRider, I went to the flying field today with both the phone and Mini 4,  I tried the phone first but once they coupled, the screen showed that I was in a NFZ and in the upper left it said that the craft could not take off.  I disconnected the phone and connected the Mini 4, that last night I used the APP "Kittyhawk" to get one of their FAA clearances.  Once the Mini 4 coupled with the Remote Controller and Drone, it showed that I was in a NFZ, but then a little window popped up with three check off things in it, saying something to the effect of getting an Unlock authorization.  Note:  The Mini 4 was using Wi-Fi and GPS only at the time, as far as I could tell.  I DID get the unlock and had a happy time flying.  So, I would say keep trying different things.  GOOD LUCK.
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules