P3S disconnected?
791 12 2019-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349091 ft

I have had a phantom 3 standard for a long time, and only now every time I try to fly does the same error happen, I turn on the drone and connect to the DJIgo application successfully, but after about a minute of flying.... the drone disconnects, however in the application, aircraft disconnected but the control and the drone continue to function and able to pilot it normally. Just no video and the gimble is moving erratically. To be able to reconnect the video stream in the application, I have to turn the drone off and reconnect everything again, but the same error occurs.

Any ideas? I'm updating to the current firmware now.
2019-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

Hopefully updating may have corrected that glitch.

That had to be annoying. ;-)

Not a question.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-8
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

What mobile device are you using?
2019-9-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

What firmware is actual on your P3S-system and what mobile is the client of the RC/AC?  May be the gimbals mainboard has been stuck in any function.
2019-9-8
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2

Estelle Lau Posted at 9-8 20:29
What mobile device are you using?

iPhone 8 is what I’m using
2019-9-9
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2

Peterx Posted at 9-8 23:09
What firmware is actual on your P3S-system and what mobile is the client of the RC/AC?  May be the gimbals mainboard has been stuck in any function.

That I can’t say, as I just updated.

I’m using an iPhone 8
2019-9-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Do you see any telemetry or do you see all parameters as N/A in the Go app ?
2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_VBocMXOFLwQ0
lvl.1

Im having the exact same problem. I updated the firmware, and the app is current too. I've tried with my Galaxy note 9, and an iPhone 5s, but same results. I can see the camera view for a little while,  but then get the aircraft disconnected notice across the top of the app. But the controller can still move the camera and control the rotors.
2019-9-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

djiuser_VBocMXOFLwQ0 Posted at 9-14 17:55
Im having the exact same problem. I updated the firmware, and the app is current too. I've tried with my Galaxy note 9, and an iPhone 5s, but same results. I can see the camera view for a little while,  but then get the aircraft disconnected notice across the top of the app. But the controller can still move the camera and control the rotors.

What iOS- and android version are you running on your iPhone5s and Galaxy Note9 ?
I use an iPhone6 with iOS version 12.4.1 without any hatch. Did you have a look onto the WIFI signal during flight yet? Did you not cover the right and left side the controler antenna? The WIFI patches are located there.
2019-9-15
Use props
djiuser_VBocMXOFLwQ0
lvl.1

Peterx Posted at 9-15 00:49
What iOS- and android version are you running on your iPhone5s and Galaxy Note9 ?
I use an iPhone6 with iOS version 12.4.1 without any hatch. Did you have a look onto the WIFI signal during flight yet? Did you not cover the right and left side the controler antenna? The WIFI patches are located there.

Update: A friend of mine brought his P3S over, my 2 devices work just fine with it, no loss of signal.
   We swapped the controllers: my controller and device worked fine with his Phantom,  no loss of connection. His controller linked to my Phantom,  but the same issue happened,  loss of connection after a few seconds.
  So, I'm thinking there is a problem in the drone where it sends the video and telemetry back to the controller. If i decide to crack it open,  what do i look to fix?
2019-9-15
Use props
djiuser_VBocMXOFLwQ0
lvl.1

Both phones were just recently updated the iPhone to 12, the Note had some long string of characters for its version. I was still receiving awifi signal after the loss
2019-9-15
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft

djiuser_VBocMXOFLwQ0 Posted at 9-15 13:35
Update: A friend of mine brought his P3S over, my 2 devices work just fine with it, no loss of signal.
   We swapped the controllers: my controller and device worked fine with his Phantom,  no loss of connection. His controller linked to my Phantom,  but the same issue happened,  loss of connection after a few seconds.
  So, I'm thinking there is a problem in the drone where it sends the video and telemetry back to the controller. If i decide to crack it open,  what do i look to fix?

Check the antennas in the legs and the connections under the plastic plate where they enter the gimble.
2019-9-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Have a look on to the black and gray single wire from the Gimbal board to the Phantoms shell.
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules