What ND Filters do you prefer?
3456 21 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3

Which ND Filters are best? Optical Glass or Optical Resin?
Single SelectVote, Total 9 people participate in voting
100.00% (9)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Big fan of Polar Pro filters.  
2019-9-9
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 01:55
Big fan of Polar Pro filters.

Was planning to buy one of these for my other camera. What do you think of these, please?  Which is best?

Optical Glass
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concept ... ps%2C240&sr=8-7

Optical Resin
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concept ... mp;sr=8-10&th=1
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AmyMarieBorg. Thank you for creating this poll and I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI members on what filter do they prefer. In addition I would recommend to use the Osmo Pocket ND Filters Set found on our DJI official store. These ND filters are tested to work properly for your DJI Osmo Pocket. I will be posting this link where in you can find then overview and the specifications for the said ND filters. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/os ... t-v2&position=0
2019-9-9
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-9 07:48
Hello and good day AmyMarieBorg. Thank you for creating this poll and I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI members on what filter do they prefer. In addition I would recommend to use the Osmo Pocket ND Filters Set found on our DJI official store. These ND filters are tested to work properly for your DJI Osmo Pocket. I will be posting this link where in you can find then overview and the specifications for the said ND filters. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-nd-filters-set?from=search-result-v2&position=0

Hi, I've seen those for my Osmo, but I need ND Filters for both my Osmo and my other camera. Does DJI make ND Filters for other cameras and if yes, what is best, Glass or Resin please?
2019-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

I prefer glass
2019-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

I do have Polar Pro's, but seldom use them.
2019-10-9
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-9-9 07:48
Hello and good day AmyMarieBorg. Thank you for creating this poll and I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI members on what filter do they prefer. In addition I would recommend to use the Osmo Pocket ND Filters Set found on our DJI official store. These ND filters are tested to work properly for your DJI Osmo Pocket. I will be posting this link where in you can find then overview and the specifications for the said ND filters. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-nd-filters-set?from=search-result-v2&position=0

Thank you   
2020-3-1
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

Montfrooij Posted at 2019-10-9 06:02

I need to buy a few for my Osmo Pocket.
2020-3-1
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

Heard that glass filters are a lot better when it comes to image quality.
2020-3-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Easily debatable topic.  In my opinion resin filters are great to handle in the field and if you accidentally drop them on a hard surface, they do not break like glass filters do.  They don’t shatter under pressure as they have the flexibility to bend.  It seems they attract dust easily.  Biggest drawback is they are quite prone to scratches.  Scratches may harm sharpness.  Scratches also tend to reduce contrast and can introduce artifacts to your images if you are shooting against bright sources of light (resulting in ghosting and flare).

Glass filters are clearly superior in sharpness and are much less prone to scratching.  Again, this is based on my personal use and not some scientific research.
2020-3-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AmyMarieBorg Posted at 3-1 02:27

Yeah, for a ground camera it is much  more convenient.
2020-3-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AmyMarieBorg Posted at 3-1 02:28

Very true indeed
2020-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome AmyMarieBorg. It is great to hear from you once again. Please stay safe always and keep on filming.
2020-3-1
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-1 05:58
Easily debatable topic.  In my opinion resin filters are great to handle in the field and if you accidentally drop them on a hard surface, they do not break like glass filters do.  They don’t shatter under pressure as they have the flexibility to bend.  It seems they attract dust easily.  Biggest drawback is they are quite prone to scratches.  Scratches may harm sharpness.  Scratches also tend to reduce contrast and can introduce artifacts to your images if you are shooting against bright sources of light (resulting in ghosting and flare).

Glass filters are clearly superior in sharpness and are much less prone to scratching.  Again, this is based on my personal use and not some scientific research.

Agree with you, I ended up buying a resin filter for my DSLR and unfortunately, it is not that sharp, apart from that I can also notice some marking around the edges. On the other hand, I'm still a student and glass filters are still a bit too expensive for me. So for now, I'll have to stick with resin. :/
2020-5-12
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

Montfrooij Posted at 2019-10-9 06:02

I bought one for my DSLR and have only yet used it once.
2020-5-12
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

A J Posted at 3-1 09:35
Very true indeed

After trying out a resin filter, I'm understanding better the quality.
2020-5-12
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 15:09
You are very much welcome AmyMarieBorg. It is great to hear from you once again. Please stay safe always and keep on filming.

Thank you very much, Stephen. Stay Safe.
2020-5-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AmyMarieBorg Posted at 3-1 02:27

I agree, for a ground camera they are much more handy!
2020-5-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AmyMarieBorg Posted at 3-1 02:28

Indeed they are
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AmyMarieBorg Posted at 5-12 12:44
Thank you very much, Stephen. Stay Safe.

Hi there AmyMarieBorg. It is always our pleasure to assist you. Again thank you and keep on filming.
2020-5-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the DJI ones now on my MA2 - very good quality
2020-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now