Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Give Android Users 60 FPS Control
23097 28 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tekhieGimbal
lvl.1

Having just bought the OSMO Mobile 3 I'm totally amazed that the software will not allow me to record 1080p in 60FPS.

Whilst I understand that not all Android phones will be capable of this, almost all from the past couple of years will be more than capable.

I'm using a Oneplus 7 (non Pro) a phone which is well capable, it allows me to record very good video at 1080p 60FPS in the standard app (and also that FPS at 4K).

It appears to be madness that the option isn't even enabled, just add text to say that it's experimental or non supported and allow users to see if it works, or just enable it for devices that have been checked and work with it, you already have a list of supported devices, just get on with it and give us the option.

You've made a great gimbal, but because of the crippled app, the video generated is still sub-standard. It's a huge fail.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

You can use the gimbal with the standard camera app if you like.
2019-9-9
Use props
louyseiz
lvl.2

How do you get the same functions?
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the DJI mimo and Osmo mobile 3 is compatible with the Oneplus 7 pro and it could support 4k 30fps for video recording. I would agree with DAFlys suggestion about using the Osmo mobile 3 as a stabilizer and use your phone's default camera to possibly achieve the resolution that you would like to use. Thank you for understanding.
2019-9-9
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft

I hate to say it but this was one of the deciding factors for me to get the Pocket which is not dependent on iOS/Android
2019-9-9
Use props
L1M3L1M
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 9-9 09:47
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the DJI mimo and Osmo mobile 3 is compatible with the Oneplus 7 pro and it could support 4k 30fps for video recording. I would agree with DAFlys suggestion about using the Osmo mobile 3 as a stabilizer and use your phone's default camera to possibly achieve the resolution that you would like to use. Thank you for understanding.

Hi DJI Tony
Sorry to not agree with you statement. I own an Osmo mobile 3 (combine with S10Plus).
But end up dissapointed with this lack of support for Android. And only supported IOS.

If want to use default camera, there is bunch of good Gimbal (cheaper) that can be a great stabilizer.
One of the main reason I get the DJI brand gimbal (OSMO mobile 3) is the App with great feature. But sadly realize that Android being looked down.

So question is will DJI update the firmware for Android phone ???.
I believe that the customer volume that using Android not less tahn IOS.
2019-9-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

In the case of my Android phone, I understand that its own camera app can do 4K60 but the developers haven't made the means to do that available to other developers.  This is why stuff is easy with iOS and hard with Android - there's basically only one iOS but thousands of different Android variations.
2019-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

This is one of the things DJI has some work to do still.
The app is not up to standard yet.
But it does get better with every update
2019-9-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

... and I don't think there have been any updates since the OM3 release - hopefully what we have is their first pass at the task.
2019-9-11
Use props
Prizm
New

I just bought a Mobile 3 and found that it only records in 30fps with the Mimo app (Android). I am very disappointed. The whole point of a stabilizer is smooth video -- 30fps is a big step backwards when trying to get smooth video. Now I know why slow motion is only available on iOS: because slowing down 30fps is a joke. Now I'm seriously considering returning the Osmo Mobile 3.
2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_c5jtiSP4RXOo
New
Italy

I totally agree. I've a xiaomi redmi k20 pro... Are there any plans to do this?
2020-1-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The main discussion of this is at this link -
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D710%26typeid%3D710

Please see the later posts where it is repeatedly explained that 4K60 has been implemented device by device by individual phone manufacturers and there is NO Android app which offers global access to 4K60.  No phone gimbal software by any company offers this for all phones.  In that discussion I have provided links to documentation for Filmic Pro which shows that they have been able to hack this ability for certain phones, maybe only one model, and only where the phone employs a certain CPU.  This is not a shortcoming of the Mimo app but a shortcoming of Android.
2020-1-5
Use props
cresch07
New

United States

The biggest issue is that iOS and all iPhones are designed by a single manufacturer, Apple. Whereas Android has Google's old Nexus, Samsung, OnePlus, Xiami, etc. There are dozens of types of Android phones, each with their own manufacturers take on the base software. Unfortunately this means there is no standard to which an app like Mimo can adhere to.  My Note 10+ is perfectly capable of UHD 60fps, but unfortunately the app is not. That's alright, you win some you lose some I suppose.
2020-1-10
Use props
tekhieGimbal
lvl.1

United Kingdom

cresch07 Posted at 1-10 16:41
The biggest issue is that iOS and all iPhones are designed by a single manufacturer, Apple. Whereas Android has Google's old Nexus, Samsung, OnePlus, Xiami, etc. There are dozens of types of Android phones, each with their own manufacturers take on the base software. Unfortunately this means there is no standard to which an app like Mimo can adhere to.  My Note 10+ is perfectly capable of UHD 60fps, but unfortunately the app is not. That's alright, you win some you lose some I suppose.

That's not really the problem. The problem is poor development and over advertising.

It's fine if they are only really developing the features for iPhone but don't then say you support other devices if you don't really.

I care get little about 4k, it's really not that useful for most people's viewing experience, but 60fps alongside a gimble really makes a difference.
2020-1-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The pdf listing compatible phones spells out what works and what doesn't on each one.  I don't call that over-advertising.
2020-1-11
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-11 01:51
The pdf listing compatible phones spells out what works and what doesn't on each one.  I don't call that over-advertising.

What about the official page stating that you can save directly to SD card on android, doesn’t that count as false advertising
As per https://www.dji.com/uk/support/product/osmo-mobile-3

Where are photos and videos captured by Osmo Mobile 3 stored?
iOS systems will save the photos and videos in the album. Android devices save photos and videos in phone storage or the microSD card.
2020-1-11
Use props
Daymon Warren
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

L1M3L1M Posted at 2019-9-10 23:03
Hi DJI Tony
Sorry to not agree with you statement. I own an Osmo mobile 3 (combine with S10Plus).
But end up dissapointed with this lack of support for Android. And only supported IOS.

exactly i just realized that using the osmo mobile 3 with the iphone SE I get manual setting. Where on my samsung note 10+ i do not have that option
2020-1-23
Use props
djiuser_11rKwLRBeJFf
New

Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-9-9 09:47
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the DJI mimo and Osmo mobile 3 is compatible with the Oneplus 7 pro and it could support 4k 30fps for video recording. I would agree with DAFlys suggestion about using the Osmo mobile 3 as a stabilizer and use your phone's default camera to possibly achieve the resolution that you would like to use. Thank you for understanding.

Hi. Just got the osmo 3. And i have the one+ 7pro. It supports 4k 60fps. So it would be so nice to have the support for that.
And even more it has optical, not digital stabilisation in 1080p mode. So even more stabel video. But that is also not supported. Make an advanced tab to select these extended features an have a "it might not work" disclaimer.  Thats normal on android
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_11rKwLRBeJFf
New

Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-9-9 09:47

Using the org camera dont support the tracking and other features in your software.
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_w7naIgRa2rAB
New

United States

I agree. I have the latest galaxy s20 with all the bells and whistles, and its terrible the dji app for the osmo 3 restricts me to only recording in 1080 30fps. Whilst my one plus 7 pro, also android, will occasionally, which still puzzles me why its not all the time, allows me to shoot at 4k 60fps. There are alot of features on the app that are great, but would be even better if I was able to record at better resolutions. Especially if my device is more than capable. The 108 mg pxls on the s20 would definitely create some great videos and photos if we were able to use it in the dji apps. I also have the ronin sc which I feel dji should definately  add more features to. Especially at that price point and the degree of practice and skill it takes to use it. I almost feel cheated out of my money when my $100 Osmo 3 has more features than my $500 ronin sc. but the great quality and customer srvce of DJi makes all the negatives bearable to live with until they perfect evrythng.
2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_v6yPTLA7ZQmT
New
Netherlands

tekhieGimbal Posted at 1-11 00:17
That's not really the problem. The problem is poor development and over advertising.

It's fine if they are only really developing the features for iPhone but don't then say you support other devices if you don't really.

It isn't poor development...Google must step up in this case and release an api which allows third party developers to access all functions of native camera apps no matter the mobile manufacturer.

A few years ago this was also the case with FB, IG and SC images being very poor compared to images made on an iPhone.
IPhone has the same shell which makes it easier for third party developers compared to the different android shells and camera resolutions being used by different android manufacturers.

In brief...Google could solve this problem easily so let's hope this will happen real soon..
2020-11-9
Use props
mattbarbey
New

United States

this still needs to be updated. How have you let this go on for so long?
2021-3-8
Use props
Piranessi
lvl.1

Spain

Hi there,

Any update of this issue yet? I've bought it recently and I must admit that I am quite dissapointed with the android limitations.

I hope they listen to us and do something about it
2021-3-21
Use props
fans6e35a0e2
lvl.1

Russia

Have anybody work solution for samsung note 10 for 60fps active track?
2021-4-11
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

I'm quite sad. I just got an OM4 only to find out I can't record 1080p at 60fps.
2021-5-31
Use props
Sabbra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14357 ft
Brazil

mattbarbey Posted at 3-8 15:24
this still needs to be updated. How have you let this go on for so long?

well, basically they dont give a f....
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_F07iseJTKyOk
New

Singapore

I bought a DJI om5 for Samsung s 21 ultra.  My phone is the top one at the moment and is declared in the list of supported on the DJI website.  I don't understand why I can only make videos at 30fps.  I think that the company should indicate this in advance so as not to mislead buyers.  I bought an expensive toy and want to use all the functions that are available to the rest of the user.  Your answer in the format that I can use the standard camera application instead of DJI mimo sounds like a mockery.  I paid you money, including for a mobile application !!!  This is a DJI failure ... I'm very disappointed.
2022-1-5
Use props
rene iribarren
New

El Salvador

Just purchased the dji om5 for my pixel 7 pro and noticed my videos look awful compare to my stock camera, any eta about getting this fixed?
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_17xL99FMPQWM
New
India

This is no less of a scam DJI !
First to attract users with the gimbal sharing the videos shot on iphone. All videos on YouTube or your marketing material are made on iphone! None of the marketing speaks of totally abysmal android support! I purchased from Amazon and even there it is not mentioned. You rather claim compatibility with android without mentioning that many features are not available on android!

I'm a thorough researcher before I purchase anything, and even I fell for this scam! And now when I check forums I see users getting scammed and complaining for years.
Shame on you DJI for this, I wish your competitors clean you up and you pay the price for such ethically degraded tactics of scamming money!
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules