ppk with matrice 210 rtk v2
10326 19 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gilrito
lvl.2

Dear all,

I would like to process my images taken with a Matrice 210 rtk v2 with d-link2 base station. Where I can find the GPS file (rinex) fpr processing the data? Can I compute the lever arm in Pix4D mapper or Agisoft Metashape?

Thanks, Gil

2019-9-9
Use props
Red_Man
lvl.1

From my experience with the Matrice 210 RTK V2 the only way to get an RTK/PPK solution is by using DJI Pilot in Mission Planning mode.
This will tag the photos with the RTK GNSS position and Pix4D will recognise this automatically. There is no log/rinex file generated that I can find.

No other apps (4rd party or DJI) will do this which is very frustrating. Even flying manually in DJI Pilot wont tag the photos with an RTK position.
2019-9-12
Use props
gilrito
lvl.2

Red_Man Posted at 9-12 05:00
From my experience with the Matrice 210 RTK V2 the only way to get an RTK/PPK solution is by using DJI Pilot in Mission Planning mode.
This will tag the photos with the RTK GNSS position and Pix4D will recognise this automatically. There is no log/rinex file generated that I can find.

Hi Red_man

Thanks for your feedback. I flight the M210 rtk v2 with Dji Mission planning app. However I don't get the tags on each image file related with the instantaneous accuracy that the image was taken. With the pahantom 4 RTK I get these tags on each image file.
What about your experience on the accuracy of the M210 rtk v2?
2019-9-18
Use props
djiuser_BHABtVYLJHF8
lvl.1

Hi, any news about this matter?
2019-9-24
Use props
AerobotROI
lvl.1

Red_Man Posted at 9-12 05:00
From my experience with the Matrice 210 RTK V2 the only way to get an RTK/PPK solution is by using DJI Pilot in Mission Planning mode.

Hi Red_Man,

I think you're using the X7 for mapping. Do you notice a huge time (like 3 up to 5 seconds) of shutter interval (time between one shot and the next) for shooting either in jpeg or RAW?

We need the use the X7 for photogrammetry, but it's unusable since it's so slow.
2019-9-25
Use props
fans1be118ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661713 ft
  • >>>

gilrito Posted at 9-18 13:08
Hi Red_man

Thanks for your feedback. I flight the M210 rtk v2 with Dji Mission planning app. However I don't get the tags on each image file related with the instantaneous accuracy that the image was taken. With the pahantom 4 RTK I get these tags on each image file.

Hi, I read this morning that if you want tag info placed in a proper folder along with a ppk file you have to use the Matrice 210RTKv2 equipped with only X7 + 24mm lens or X7 + 35mm lens. I wish I had this information before, is this correct?
2019-10-8
Use props
AerobotROI
lvl.1

Italy

As a former user of an Intel Falcon 8 Plus, and current user of a M210 RTK V2 with X7 24mm and XT2, I'm close to return this expensive toy. Did we notice how crap this system is?
2019-10-17
Use props
Euis
lvl.2
Australia

getting this thread back on track:

for PPK (not RTK) with the M201V2RTK you can use the Rinex file which is stored in the drone (once you've updated to firmware v 590)

You can use this rinex rover file with a rinex base file from a public base station (not from the D-RTK2 base-for-matrice as yet).

What you need (in addition to Agisoft or pix4D) is the KLAU PPK software. This takes care of the GNSS differential corrections, camera times and IMU values and exports a list of corrected photo-coordinates (or geotags your photos) .
You can import the list into agisoft. Set preselection to 'reference' and away you go.

2019-11-6
Use props
mpower89
lvl.1

Australia

Euis Posted at 11-6 21:50
getting this thread back on track:

for PPK (not RTK) with the M201V2RTK you can use the Rinex file which is stored in the drone (once you've updated to firmware v 590)

Hello Euis,

so can you please confirm a few things....

does the PPK file only get stored if you use a particular flight planning application??
or will it work with any mission planning app that is used to control the drone?

Does it work in the same way as the P4RTK? as in does it create a new folder with all of the images from that flight mission?
and does it also record all of this information regardless of the type of camera that is used?

Can the M210 V2 RTK also be used in RTK mode with the DRTK-2 base station the same way that the P4RTK is used? ie if it has RTK fix, and you fly a mapping mission all of the images have RTK fixed coordinates applied to the image

most importantly, what app is best for operating this for best functionality???

many thanks.
2019-11-20
Use props
Euis
lvl.2
Australia

mpower89 Posted at 11-20 17:04
Hello Euis,

so can you please confirm a few things....

we've been using the GS-RTK app on the CrystalSky screen. Don't know about other apps - there is work involved in organising the data to be stored this way so I suggest they may not (yet) do this.

The way the data is organised is the same as in the P4RTK: a separate folder for each mission, containing photos, raw GNSS observations (rinex formatted file), MRK file containing time, rtk positions, camera vs GPS offsets and some quality figures (rms, flag for fix/float solution). It should work with most cameras.

In RTK mode (via custom network or D-RTK2 base, same), the coordinates of the photos are RTK accuracy - and their RMS values are stored in the photo file, so that e.g. Agisoft can read the precision directly. Photos of RTK missions can go straight into Agisoft.
If RTK failed (or wasn't available) you can post-process the stored GNSS data in Klau PPK software (about US$2500) , and then send the photos with updated geotags to Agisoft.

With GS RTK it all works really sweet.
Two pain points, though:
1. in the custom network set-up , you must type in the name of the mountpoint manually. Any type and it doesn't work. All other apps I know you can pick the mountpoint from a pull down list.
2. The D-RTK2 base (in GS-RTK app) requires you to enter precise coordinates of the base antenna phase centre, not the marker on the ground, not the bottom of the antenna. Must enter in dd.ddd format.
All other software I know you enter the known coordinates of the survey marker, enter the height above marker (from marker to 'ARP' : either the underside of the antenna or a mark on the rim of the antenna) and thirdly either enter or select the antenna offset (offset is from ARP to antenna phase centre).
2019-12-9
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

Red_Man Posted at 2019-9-12 05:00

It does when you flight manually using a modem connected to a GNNS public service. As Red man says, it does not tag anything in manual flight when using the D-RTK-2
2020-1-21
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

Euis Posted at 2019-12-9 15:52
we've been using the GS-RTK app on the CrystalSky screen. Don't know about other apps - there is work involved in organising the data to be stored this way so I suggest they may not (yet) do this.

The way the data is organised is the same as in the P4RTK: a separate folder for each mission, containing photos, raw GNSS observations (rinex formatted file), MRK file containing time, rtk positions, camera vs GPS offsets and some quality figures (rms, flag for fix/float solution). It should work with most cameras.

I am sorry for bothering you. My name is Manes Fernández and I am a Prof. at the University of Oviedo - Spain. We have two units of M210rtk and we have found the same problems with tagging the corrections of the images that you have solved in this post. What I cannot understand is where I can find the Rinex File you talk about. I mean the Rinex file stored in the M210RTK V2. I can only read and decode flydata binary files.
There is something I think I have also misunderstood. Are you flying M210 with the apps for Phantom IV as GS-RT? If the answer is affirmative, could you possibly tell me how did you manage to download them? Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.
Best Regards!
2020-1-22
Use props
Donclem
lvl.1

Ghana

Euis Posted at 2019-12-9 15:52
we've been using the GS-RTK app on the CrystalSky screen. Don't know about other apps - there is work involved in organising the data to be stored this way so I suggest they may not (yet) do this.

Hi, I have been using the M210 and x7 camera for surveying for quite some time now.

In the beginning (using the v2 RTK and its base station), I could not get the images together with the other files to be stored in a separate folder for each flight.
I was always getting an error "NO RTK fusion data used" during pre-flight checks and had to do manual take-off and shutdown before the error will clear.

I decided to fly the drone without its base station and this time i was getting the necessary files to be created in the folder just like the P4RTK.

Can anyone please confirm if they have experienced this same problem?
How do i use the drone together with its base station and still get data stored in "Survey' folder?
2020-3-10
Use props
Topodrone
lvl.1
Russia

Hi, I would suggest to make PPK processing in TOPOSETTER 2.0 PRO software. https://topodrone.org/product/so ... ing/toposetter-2-0/
2020-4-18
Use props
Skycatch0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5272 ft
United States

@Euis can you please add more details on your workflow, I tried to capture a mission with X7 camera and the only folder created on the SD card was the photos with the corrected geotag (RTK) where can I find the RINEX file to do the PPK?
2020-6-1
Use props
Quantegy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59820 ft
United States

I am also trying to figure out why the Rinex file is not created when using a different app. I am using UGCS to fly the drone and there are no files for post processing. Is there anything I can do to make the drone create those?
2020-8-11
Use props
Red_Man
lvl.1

Australia

Sorry about reviving an old thread but I had forgotten I had posted this. We have the M210 working flawlessly now with RTK. You just have to use DJI GSPro or MapsMadeEasy. Both these programs tag the images with an RTK solution directly into EXIF information in the photo. Pix4D and Bentley Context Capture can both read this information directly.
2020-9-7
Use props
SConlin
lvl.2

Canada

Red_Man Posted at 9-7 14:58
Sorry about reviving an old thread but I had forgotten I had posted this. We have the M210 working flawlessly now with RTK. You just have to use DJI GSPro or MapsMadeEasy. Both these programs tag the images with an RTK solution directly into EXIF information in the photo. Pix4D and Bentley Context Capture can both read this information directly.

Hi Red Man, is this only with the X7, or does it work with other sensors as well?
2020-11-9
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

m210RTKv2 fw V01.00.0710, D RTK-2 on the latest fw. Using Pilot app on a Crystal Sky with the x7 and 24mm lens.

When I connect a computer to the D RTK-2 there is the following file structure:

-log
     - rtcmraw
     - uart3rx0
     - userlog0

In the rtcmraw folder there are files labeled "RINEXxxx.obs". Several folks on this thread have been asking about the RINEX file locations. Is that what you are looking for?

And now a question - I am trying to use a software package called EzSurv. In their instructions they say "Extract the flight files from the m210 RTK v2 - you should have 2 files .obs and .mrk"

I can't find an .obs file on the drone, but there is the RINEX file I've mentioned on the base station. Does anyone know where I might find a .mrk file for the flight?

thanks.
2021-3-9
Use props
FairleyI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Its positive to hear that when you connect to a network RTK and use manual flight mode the EXIF data stores RTK precision.

Does anyone know if the flight log, as opened with air data or similar contains RTK-precision co-ordinates or not?

Thanks,

Iain
2021-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules