Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Very jerky Yaw-Movements in Tap Fly Free
1303 16 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tawrank
Flight distance : 371594 ft

The yaw-movements are terrible in Tap Fly Free, the individual  EXP-settings, which you get used to after a while, have absolutely no  effect, when flying in this mode - is that a bug ? I always liked the  epic roundshots while passing an object, which were possible with the  Course Lock - up to now, the Tap Fly offers no suitable alternative.  Please DJI, let me know if this problem is supposed to be fixed - for  me, the replacement of the Course Lock would be satisfying ...
Please work on that issue !
2019-9-9
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft

M2 is a half-baked bird.  There is so much more potential that so far DJI has not been willing or able to give us.
2019-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>

I would ignore what above poster says, and I would ask how are you setting up your craft, I fly M2P regularly In tapfly free mode and don’t have this jerky movement, if this is a problem it maybe your craft or as I said how you set it up .
2019-9-9
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-9 08:54
I would ignore what above poster says, and I would ask how are you setting up your craft, I fly M2P regularly In tapfly free mode and don’t have this jerky movement, if this is a problem it maybe your craft or as I said how you set it up .

hallmark,

What part of my post do you disagree with?
2019-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 9-9 12:42
hallmark,

What part of my post do you disagree with?

All of it, M2 is probably djis most successful prosumer/hobbyists drone, and I know this because I’ve owned dji drones since P2 .

I think you you want to continue to knock it because you cannot work waypoints, but you have options there Autel has waypoints and I for one can tell you that Autel waypoints is like trying to cycle a bicycle with square wheels.

As a drone for filming video and photos it is exceptional and this is its main selling point, as a craft that flies dji have nothing else except a Matrice that flies better, so half baked infers it is only half right and this is so far from the truth.
You have been told that waypoints would be improved with next FW and yes we are waiting awhile but I suppose they want to make certain for you that it’s acceptable. If you just look around and see that even here on a forum designed for users to come and complain, that 90% of people who come here it is to post videos photos and to learn , not to whine .
2019-9-9
Use props
Tawrank

I expect my EXP-settings should be the same in Tap Fly Free as I have them in the normal flight-mode. I put the yaw setting down to 0.1 which works excellent, but in Tap Fly Free this adjustment is ignored - the rotation does not start with the same smoothness, it starts too sudden which leads to a jerky image, which is useless. Do you have any suggestion ?
Concerning parkgt214 i can understand his point somehow. If you e.g. look at the fact, that Quickshot-Mode can´t be used with D-log, 25 fps and manual exposure, this is certainly a half baked feature. The flights are great, but the footage can hardly be combined with D-log footage or 25 fps material ...
2019-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Tawrank Posted at 9-9 13:36
I expect my EXP-settings should be the same in Tap Fly Free as I have them in the normal flight-mode. I put the yaw setting down to 0.1 which works excellent, but in Tap Fly Free this adjustment is ignored - the rotation does not start with the same smoothness, it starts too sudden which leads to a jerky image, which is useless. Do you have any suggestion ?
Concerning parkgt214 i can understand his point somehow. If you e.g. look at the fact, that Quickshot-Mode can´t be used with D-log, 25 fps and manual exposure, this is certainly a half baked feature. The flights are great, but the footage can hardly be combined with D-log footage or 25 fps material ...

Look if you didn’t know about quickshot and how it worked and quickshot was 50% of the reason you bought M2 then your research is pretty poor , as this is exactly the same since release of spark and later added to M1 when quickshot etc was released, so not half baked but rather half researched, it’s most likely that CPU cannot shoot in these modes quick enough to support raw or 4K footage but it’s both in the specs and in your manual.
Look what we have here is people who think they can pay for Ford and expect it to be a rolls Royce , I’m afraid this will always be the case for a few no matter what.
If you have a problem with tapfly free then maybe something wrong with your craft, if you have a problem with something not been available with your mavic , well I’m afraid this has nothing to do with half baked anything , this is purely down to the purchasers.
2019-9-9
Use props
Tawrank

As you write, you fly the DJI-drones since P2, which of course is an advantage, so you could make your practical experiences with the developements - nice for you. As a new owner of the M2 i first, do not have the experiences with comparable features in earlier types and secondly dont´search for all the limitations behind the promises in advertising, which evidently is a too trustful attitude. My considerations concerning Quickshot are a good example for the facts, which are always a bit hidden behind the marketing speeches. Enough about that, back to the topic of my thread, the yaw- movement in Tap Fly - i have to compare my craft with another one, but i guess the problem will be the same. Some friends had this issue with their P4P, which you certainly flew as well ...
On the whole i am happy with the M2, my reason to buy it (after years of flying the P3P) was the camera, the chip, Obstacle Avoidance and Tripod-Mode, which all perform good up to now. But i keep the point of view , that all the promises in advertising, draw the curtain over the deficits and this can sometimes be disappointing - that´s the way advertising works !
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

+1 to have Course Lock - please DJI please.
2019-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Tawrank Posted at 9-9 23:36
As you write, you fly the DJI-drones since P2, which of course is an advantage, so you could make your practical experiences with the developements - nice for you. As a new owner of the M2 i first, do not have the experiences with comparable features in earlier types and secondly dont´search for all the limitations behind the promises in advertising, which evidently is a too trustful attitude. My considerations concerning Quickshot are a good example for the facts, which are always a bit hidden behind the marketing speeches. Enough about that, back to the topic of my thread, the yaw- movement in Tap Fly - i have to compare my craft with another one, but i guess the problem will be the same. Some friends had this issue with their P4P, which you certainly flew as well ...
On the whole i am happy with the M2, my reason to buy it (after years of flying the P3P) was the camera, the chip, Obstacle Avoidance and Tripod-Mode, which all perform good up to now. But i keep the point of view , that all the promises in advertising, draw the curtain over the deficits and this can sometimes be disappointing - that´s the way advertising works !

And so calling something half baked is not correct, if you think quickshot are half baked that’s your reflection on a very small part of the craft and not really enough to to deem the M2 half baked, in fact having flown older M1 I would say that M2 is a much better quality bake.

I believe most would welcome quickshot to be available in 4K and Raw , but I can also except that just maybe this is not possible with present CPU, so if this is something we are looking for then maybe it should or would be better left as a wishlist item for future Mavic Pro. It certainly is not a failure or half backed option as it is now and I have seen many extremely good videos created using quickshots .
2019-9-10
Use props
Tawrank

hey, back from a short trip - notice that it wasn´t me, who called the M2 half baked. after this discussion, i am now more sure, that for me quickshot-mode is a gimmick, which i sadly can´t use in combination with my Dlog-footage. concerning the wishlist: D-Cinelike, Course Lock
2019-9-16
Use props
Rocket_man
lvl.1

Hi Tawrank. I'm having the same issue with my M2P. I've set my EXP setting and sensitivity to let my M2P fly smooth, and it does!...in normal mode...but as soon as I choose tap fly free, it seems like it resets to default settings and all the controls become jery (especially the yaw). I have heard so many others complaining about the same for a long time. I have never found a solution for it...it really sucks.
2019-9-22
Use props
Tawrank

Rocket_man Posted at 9-22 14:27
Hi Tawrank. I'm having the same issue with my M2P. I've set my EXP setting and sensitivity to let my M2P fly smooth, and it does!...in normal mode...but as soon as I choose tap fly free, it seems like it resets to default settings and all the controls become jery (especially the yaw). I have heard so many others complaining about the same for a long time. I have never found a solution for it...it really sucks.

hi rocket_man, you describe the issue exactly as i experienced it - please dji, check this problem and solve it. I´ve just been in china for a couple of days, on a job with many indoor-flights and again I missed the course-lock very much, especially for slow flights which have to be piloted manually. and also again i missed the d-cinelke for quickshot modes. please dji, consider me as an advisor in this case and give us back these features.
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_AYkruZ8PDeXi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4230620 ft
Ukraine

Hi! I have the same problem with tap fly free. Please tell me if dji had already  resolved this problem.
2020-4-4
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
United States

djiuser_AYkruZ8PDeXi Posted at 4-4 12:56
Hi! I have the same problem with tap fly free. Please tell me if dji had already  resolved this problem.

If the fixed it why would you still be having problems with it?
2020-4-4
Use props
djiuser_AYkruZ8PDeXi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4230620 ft
Ukraine

parkgt214 Posted at 4-4 20:07
If the fixed it why would you still be having problems with it?

Maybe I didn't write correct. I have problem yet with yaw-movements in tap fly free, as pilots described in this post. And I can't find an answer to solve this problem.  
p.s. I reinstall softwar for m2p by Assistant and reinstall DJI Go 4.
2020-4-6
Use props
Tawrank
Germany

djiuser_AYkruZ8PDeXi Posted at 4-6 06:31
Maybe I didn't write correct. I have problem yet with yaw-movements in tap fly free, as pilots described in this post. And I can't find an answer to solve this problem.  
p.s. I reinstall softwar for m2p by Assistant and reinstall DJI Go 4.

hi, as far as i know, this problem isn´t solved yet. i didn´t check it out for a longer period of time and tried
to fly these maneuvers manually, which ,of course, isn´t that easy. if dji would bring back the course lock to the m2p, this would be the best solution for me...
2020-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules