M2E cannot fly above 5m indoors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc9f507c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3438 ft

Does anyone know how to allow the mavic 2 enterprise to go above 5m in gps denied environments.
There is plenty of light. We are in tripod mode, all sensors are working and the drone is stable.
Note that we tested a mavic 2 pro indoors and it went above 5m indoors after we adjusted the tripod mode sensitivity, however with the enterprise there is no way to adjust the tripod mode sensitivity using the pilot app so the drone will not go above 5m.
Above 5m is critical to our business and the reason we purchased the drone, since it is stated on the website that it can go to 11m, and indeed it probably can, as proved by the mavic 2 pro in exactly the same light conditions, there is a typical DJI obscured software setting that needs to be unlocked to allow it to go above 5m but this is opaque to users of the dji pilot software.

2019-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

All Mavics are equipped with failsafe not to climb above 5m 16 ft if they don’t have gps lock it’s a safety feature and a pretty good one .
2019-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

2019-9-9
Use props
fansc9f507c3
lvl.2

The specs say mavic 2  can fly to 11m indoors in gps denied environments and indeed it can.
2019-9-9
Use props
fansc9f507c3
lvl.2

Which means if you are inspecting underneath a large bridge with no GPS it should still be able to fly using its vision sensors for position stability and obstacle avoidance, and this is what we observed with the mavic 2 after toggling to S mode and back to tripod then adjusting the tripod mode sensitivity using the dji go app ( the small T in the bottom right corner of the app), after adjusting the tripod mode sensitivity, the 5m barrier was magically gone and we flew 3 batteries at 11m.

With the M2E and dji pilot app the small T does not appear and there is no way to tweak the tripod mode sensitivity so the drone remains trapped below a virtual 5m ceiling.
2019-9-9
Use props
SimonID
lvl.4

you have to deactivate the collission sensors to go higher. This means flying without any sensor help except barometer to keep your height.
2019-9-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

You have to change a parameter w/ DJI Assistant 1.1.2 in debug mode.  No one here knows what settings.  Check the search for limit and height in it.
2019-10-11
Use props
JoaoPedroSimas
lvl.1

Brazil

I have a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and I use it for indoor flight.

When the GPS signal is weak, my drone operates in OPTI mode. But, after taking off, when it is moving up, its ceiling is limited by software around 3.5 meters.

So I turn off "Enable Vision Positioning" and flight mode switches to ATTI, and I can flight my drone above 3.5 meters (without limit). But, in ATTI mode, it is not stable. Due to this condition, I turn on again the "Enable Vision Positioning" to flight in OPTI mode.

Here are the problems, sometimes, after I return to OPTI mode, drone can move up without limit, but other times it is not possible. There is an inconsistency. It is a random event.

Do someone had the same problem? Or know how to solve it? I would like to flight indoor in OPTI mode without ceiling restrictions

Thanks
2020-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules