Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing Gear issues
1599 5 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft

Hi Everyone

Having an issue with the Inspire 2 landing gear motor

I was flying yesterday - everything was working grand, put it back in the box as normal no problem.

This evening I was working on a quick photo job but when I went flying the drone, I powered it up as normal and took it out of case mode to landing mode so I could attach the camera. After I did this the drone refused to change its flight mode. On takeoff it would not screw the central gear up to put the arms/props into a normal flight mode which I thought was odd.

However, I went ahead with the flight as everything else seemed to be working and I just needed 20mins in a small area.

When I landed and tried to strip down the drone for packing away again I found out I couldn't put it back into the case mode.

So now I have a drone which is stuck in landing mode.
The only technical thing I can otherwise add to help describe my problem is when I try to press the power button 6 times to change the mode, the motor gives out a small whine but does nothing and the drone powers on as if I had turned it on normally.
The other thing was when flying, the drone kept telling me about landing gear function being restored.

I wouldn't mind too much as the drone is 2 years old, but I sent it to DJI for a service at the start of this year in which they replaced that landing unit because they decided it needed it, so its a brand new motor.
My first thought is im going to get the Airhose to it in the morning to see if its a dust/sensor problem, but if anyone else has any ideas or has experienced similar problems which they managed to fix itd be great to hear about it.

I would send it directly back to DJI to get it fixed but I need it for a job this weekend coming...
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Have you seen this thread about landing gear issues and suggested fix - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385
2019-9-10
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer

Thanks

Yeah, ive had a browse since posting the thread and saw that you should be able to manually raise and lower the gears.
However I dont seem to be able to on my aircraft for some reason.

does anyone know how difficult/how much force is usually required to manually turn the screw with a screwdriver to raise and lower the gears?

Im wondering if its gone and jammed, because if i can unjam it it might work as normal again.
2019-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Mike9129 Posted at 9-10 02:09
Thanks

Yeah, ive had a browse since posting the thread and saw that you should be able to manually raise and lower the gears.

Shouldnt take a lot of force,  see DJI doing it here -
2019-9-10
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer

Thanks for that, that was another video i found

Ive managed to get it working again.

For whatever reason the landing gear had jammed down, and the drone seemed to have lost track of the position the gear was in, so every time I tried to use it, it kept forcing the gears down more.

my solution was using a vicegrips and a small screwdriver to put enough force (in a counter-clockwise direction) on the screw to change the gear position manually - and it required quite a bit of force as it had really jammed itself down - to screw the landing gear all the way to the top (it took very little force once I'd gotten it moving).

when I had it at the top I used the power button (pressed 6 times) to get the drone to move the landing gear back down to the landing position. this seemed to let the drone get track of where the gear was positioned again.

Ive tried using the power button to change its position a few more times since and all seems to be working fine now again.

It was a strange problem, but im glad to have it sorted for the moment at least.
Ill update this topic again if anything changes just in case anyone else has the same problem.

And thanks DAFlys for the replies and the link.
2019-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Mike9129 Posted at 9-10 03:23
Thanks for that, that was another video i found

Ive managed to get it working again.

Pleased you got it fixed.  Sounds fairly painless, at least less painful than posting it off somewhere.
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules