External development.
1094 9 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
Second Officer

As I mentioned in a previous message, I think we can improve the situation with developing for the S1 if we can at least create the programs outside the Robomaster app in a way that we can at least check for syntax errors (but possibly even having a simple emulator to try things).

Here is my first go at it. It just sets the general code layout and most likelly I am not doing it right (I am not a Python expert):

https://git.bug-br.org.br/bga/robomasters1

If anyone would like to contribute, let me know. I will only be able to work on it exporadically in the near future but getting all the API in as stubs should be trivial based on what is already there.

2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BGA. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I hope that our valued DJI Members who owns the DJI Robomaster S1 can contribute there ideas and programs with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2019-9-9
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

Forked.  Although why here and on regular GitHub?
2019-9-9
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

MarkusXL Posted at 9-9 13:32
Forked.  Although why here and on regular GitHub?

Not sure I understand your question. But I assume you are asking why it is on this service and not on GitHub? This is my personal server which I prefer to use (for obvious reasons) instead of GitHub.
2019-9-9
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

BGA Posted at 9-9 13:42
Not sure I understand your question. But I assume you are asking why it is on this service and not on GitHub? This is my personal server which I prefer to use (for obvious reasons) instead of GitHub.

Yeah I often forget to type "not" in my questions!  Getting old I guess!

Umm, what are the Obvious Reasons for not using GitHub?   

Also, did I just create an account on your personal server?  Is that physically located in your home or is it a cloud service?  Just wondering...
2019-9-9
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

MarkusXL Posted at 9-9 15:54
Yeah I often forget to type "not" in my questions!  Getting old I guess!

Umm, what are the Obvious Reasons for not using GitHub?   

Well... You created an account on that service, but it is fine as it is publicly accessible. So no worries. Also, if you are more comfortable with I think there is an easy way to export the code from Gigs (which is what I am using) to GitHub).

As for the advantages: I run it myself so there are no artificial limits or hidden costs. I can easily completely destroy and fully recreate it as it was if somehow I ever need to. It is fine depending on third parties but when you can avoid it, why not? And it is hosted by online.net and the server is physically located in France. Note the only ser actually Linux machine is there (it is a dedicated server). The actual Gogs server is fully managed by me (not by online.net).
2019-9-9
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

Ugh I do feel old now.  Can you come over and set my VCR to record Matlock?  LOL  I'm getting used to the whole SVC thing.  Thanks for this info!
2019-9-10
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

I added some more stubs. I am already considering adding emulation for specific things. I will most likely create a separate API to trigger events that would be triggered by the S1 sensors so we could actually see the associated code running when using callbacks. We will be getting mock data only, but should be enough for most things (obviously, it will not replace having an actual S1 to run the program on.
2019-9-10
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

Rumor has it that DJI is working on a simulator to test our S1 programs in VR.      Not sure if I can hold my breath that long though!   
2019-9-10
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

MarkusXL Posted at 9-10 09:36
Rumor has it that DJI is working on a simulator to test our S1 programs in VR.      Not sure if I can hold my breath that long though!

I hope my simpler version will be ready faster. ;)
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules