External mic useage...
1104 4 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thattallkid
lvl.1

Super excited to get an Osmo Pocket 3 soon, especially as now there is much more space for adding lightning adapter at bottom of the iPhone 7+.

I have a Sennheiser wireless (lavalier / 2 boxes) mic that I use. How would that be OK for the balance of the Mobile 3? I am new to this world but feel that likely for my content, a wireless mic vs. something like the SHURE would be better, as I am often 10m or so from the camera. The new motion tracking is MUCH better for this now, as I can track the body (instead of just face) and therefore keep the whole body visible in frame as I move around.

I also just saw this and wondered if there is any other reliable and completely wireless options out there now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/117828565/smartmike-revolutionary-wireless-mic-for-content-creators?ref=5j7tdv&utm_source=jellop&ja=z2aimakj&utm_term=101.ja&utm_content=SmartMike-VD01&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2P3aZ40cOcavSao-uwIv5_6OlPQ0nTa1k5QxZLelAlziEM2TDOFPtuknc

Many thanks for helping me understand audio options better.
2019-9-9
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

this looks like a spam post trolling for clickbait to a kickstarter page...
2019-9-9
Use props
thattallkid
lvl.1

Sorry it looks that way, but not true. I just saw that today when looking.

I currently have the wireless mic that I mentioned but haven't used it with a gimbal and don't know how it would react. If it works well then I do not need an alternative but I imagine it might affect the balance and therefore I started looking at complete wireless options (I used to use Bluetooth mic but the quality wasn't good). Thanks.
2019-9-10
Use props
hunter.england
lvl.2

That Kickstarter mic looks good! Problem is will the MIMO app support it? That doesn't matter if you aren't using the mimo app obviously.
2019-9-10
Use props
thattallkid
lvl.1

Agh I see. Thanks a lot foe the reply. Originally I researched a fair bit with bluetooth mics (when that was what I was using) and then only certain apps could use Bluetooth (MoviePro and a few others) but I didn't actually think that other wired mics wouldn't be supported.

I guess then the best would be to take the wireless Sennheiser mic and see if it works and is recognised within the MIMO app then? I would guess a new / unknown company in this Kickstarter would be unlikely to be supported anytime soon.

Is so sough to get good workround for decent audio (with mic on my person as oppposed to connected to the phone) alongside the facetracking that I need for my filming!!
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules