Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Ronin SC Hack - How to go Underslung Like a Weebill Lab Tip
3858 15 2019-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hitmax
Captain
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>

This simple little hack will help turn your new DJI Ronin SC into an underslung beast as well as giving you quick release !

2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting and very useful video that you've created. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-10
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-10 11:31
Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting and very useful video that you've created. Thank you for your continued support!

No worries glad you liked it - would be great if DJI could make their own versions of these pieces of kit
2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hitmax Posted at 9-10 13:24
No worries glad you liked it - would be great if DJI could make their own versions of these pieces of kit

You're welcome. No worries will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-10
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>

Nice tip! Thank you for posting it.
2019-9-10
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.3

Neato skeeto.  Nice work man!
2019-9-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice video!
2019-9-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Great video, thanks for sharing
2019-9-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Great tips
2019-9-18
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

Nice tip for sure, but my only concerns would be to the strength and build quality of any third party add on parts to the Ronin S and Ronin SC when supporting associated payloads. Personally I would love it if DJI released such accessories and not have to rely on 3rd party parts.

My concern is cheap knock offs tend to be prone to snapping/failure as what happened to a friend with a boom arm and a very expensive studio flash. Didn't bend, no warnings snapped like a twig and 600+ quid down the drain.
2019-9-19
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-19 01:52
Nice tip for sure, but my only concerns would be to the strength and build quality of any third party add on parts to the Ronin S and Ronin SC when supporting associated payloads. Personally I would love it if DJI released such accessories and not have to rely on 3rd party parts.

My concern is cheap knock offs tend to be prone to snapping/failure as what happened to a friend with a boom arm and a very expensive studio flash. Didn't bend, no warnings snapped like a twig and 600+ quid down the drain.

Yeah I owuld rather have a DJI one - but this is made really well and for the Zhiyun Weebill Lab I have had it for over a year and no issues
2019-9-28
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 9-19 01:52
Nice tip for sure, but my only concerns would be to the strength and build quality of any third party add on parts to the Ronin S and Ronin SC when supporting associated payloads. Personally I would love it if DJI released such accessories and not have to rely on 3rd party parts.

Yes, there's a risk when using third-party parts. However, I have had no failure from any third-party part on any of my DJI equipment. That includes probably 15 different parts for about 7 different DJI products over 3 years. Just my experience.
2019-10-5
Use props
MavGuido
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>

Sorry, but when this tip where so nice, why didn you show it in use?
If i think more than seconds about it, i have concerns that the front weight with a big combo it is much to front heavy to use it, while the grip is not on the right position.
It is to much on the lower end of the Gimbal. For a good usage the grip have to be located in the height of the joystick.

Like this one and it is a cheaper solution in the end too!
https://www.amazon.de/Sling-Grip ... d=1570280537&sr=8-5

Regards Guido  
2019-10-5
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

Moni Johnson Posted at 10-5 02:27
Yes, there's a risk when using third-party parts. However, I have had no failure from any third-party part on any of my DJI equipment. That includes probably 15 different parts for about 7 different DJI products over 3 years. Just my experience.

My experience differs, everything from an adaptor to a harness clamp securing a Ronin S and payload. Fortuitously it bounced and nothing but a lens cap damaged. Lesson learnt for me.
2019-10-5
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 10-5 16:09
My experience differs, everything from an adaptor to a harness clamp securing a Ronin S and payload. Fortuitously it bounced and nothing but a lens cap damaged. Lesson learnt for me.

Wow! That is unfortunate. I completely understand your hesitance in that case.
2019-10-10
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>

MavGuido Posted at 10-5 04:59
Sorry, but when this tip where so nice, why didn you show it in use?
If i think more than seconds about it, i have concerns that the front weight with a big combo it is much to front heavy to use it, while the grip is not on the right position.
It is to much on the lower end of the Gimbal. For a good usage the grip have to be located in the height of the joystick.

Thanks for your query MavGuido - I did not shoe it being used as that is boring to watch - it works realy well you can check it out being used on some of my other films if you like it is really well balanced and not front heavy - but thanks for the comment alwasy worth mentioning here si a link to a film I diid using it
2019-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules