DJI service center appalling quote
1584 4 2019-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Theruleman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41611 ft

I have a Mavic Air, did not buy the DJI Care program because honestly I did not know what it was until 3 or 4 days after I created an account.  So a month-month 1/2 goes buy and I had a few crashes in my total of 10-15 flights, the last one resulted in the red light staying on indicating a critical error (it did land in a wet area but its not like it sunk in water).  
So it arrives at some repair facility an they look at the FLT logs and I am going to assume that the word "water" damage possible they send me back an estimate of $650!!!!
Drone only also, they tell me that it is beyond repair!  This is just more bad press for DJI and their ridiculous repair service.  All the parts listed on their site are less that $650 and I will guarantee that it is repairable whether it is the main board or whatever a more reasonable quote is in order.  I have asked, so my drone if unrepairable then I want it back along with the replacement (because they make it sound unsalvageable), I will post what their response is to that.  It has value, and for them to try and squeeze me for $650 has really gotten under my skin.  All I expected is a honest quote to fix it, and I will be getting it back and checking on some 3rd party repair place or just buy the main board and recalibrate things myself.  But I will never buy DJI (as good as they are when operating properly) again.  
drone1.jpg

Arms and shell ok

Arms and shell ok
drone3.jpg

p1

p1

p2

p2

p3

p3
2019-9-10
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft

WUT

Uuuuum....  

I'd sell it for parts and buy a toy GPS drone to get the hang of it first.  after almost a year and many, many flights, I haven't crashed once because I got my learn on with quality toy-grade drones first.

That said, the MA you have has some parts value maybe.  And while I'd gladly point the finger at DJI if they earn such scorn, I just don't see how your case is indicative of them being bad actors.

2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Theruleman, we are sorry that the warranty service was not provided on your case, upon checking the case, the drone was evaluated as crash and water-damaged, only replacement service will be provided in this situation, and you also mentioned in the case that the drone went down about 10 feet away landing in small pool of water.
The price in the quotation is official, I see your case has been escalated to the team for further follow-up by DJI Diana in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-193948-1-1.html We will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently. Thank you.
2019-9-10
Use props
Theruleman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41611 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-10 18:52
Hi Theruleman, we are sorry that the warranty service was not provided on your case, upon checking the case, the drone was evaluated as crash and water-damaged, only replacement service will be provided in this situation, and you also mentioned in the case that the drone went down about 10 feet away landing in small pool of water.
The price in the quotation is official, I see your case has been escalated to the team for further follow-up by DJI Diana in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-193948-1-1.html We will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently. Thank you.

Had I not mentioned the water they would have never known.  The $650 is basically telling me that my drone is scrap, when I know that it will be turned into a refurb and sold again.  That being said, $650 is a retail MSRP price that gives me NO value for my drone.  We are talking No controller, battery or anything for $650 and what you see in the picture as a "trade in".  My stance is if you want $650, I want my worthless drone back and the replacement .  You can't get both full price (above market price) and give me nothing off.  If it would take $200 to flip my drone and you strive to make it perfect, then what policy says I cannot pay have you turn mine into a refurb, and don't replace anything that is not needed, it has a total of 41000 ft of flight, no way it has no value.  When you offer nothing, it implies that is has no salvage value at all and cant be refurbed.
2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Theruleman Posted at 9-10 22:14
Had I not mentioned the water they would have never known.  The $650 is basically telling me that my drone is scrap, when I know that it will be turned into a refurb and sold again.  That being said, $650 is a retail MSRP price that gives me NO value for my drone.  We are talking No controller, battery or anything for $650 and what you see in the picture as a "trade in".  My stance is if you want $650, I want my worthless drone back and the replacement .  You can't get both full price (above market price) and give me nothing off.  If it would take $200 to flip my drone and you strive to make it perfect, then what policy says I cannot pay have you turn mine into a refurb, and don't replace anything that is not needed, it has a total of 41000 ft of flight, no way it has no value.  When you offer nothing, it implies that is has no salvage value at all and cant be refurbed.

Your case is following up by the higher-level tema to see if there is other better resolution can be provided, please wait patiently for further communication, thank you.
2019-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules