Very cool footage
2019-9-11
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>

Aloha wombat,

Nice interaction!  Our quads scare the hell out of elephants.  They think we are bees and they are very scared of bees.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-9-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft

Nice job.  They're pretty smart.
2019-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice one
2019-9-11
Use props
maddox
First Officer

Cool! Nice footage
2019-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We really admire you for sharing your wonderful video here. Well done and Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-9-11
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>

Do adult 'roos have aerial predators?
2019-9-11
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Sean-newbie Posted at 9-11 08:56
Do adult 'roos have aerial predators?

Not adults  Sean, only us.
2019-9-11
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info
2019-9-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Haha, nice one! Thanks for sharing
2019-9-13
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
  • >>>

Seems these guys (and guyettes) can be most useful. Watch the landing instructionsnentirely by ear

2019-9-25
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft

Cetacean Posted at 9-11 03:15
Aloha wombat,

Nice interaction!  Our quads scare the hell out of elephants.  They think we are bees and they are very scared of bees.

But surely a bee couldn't hurt an elephant ?  It'd take a rock-hammer to get through their skin I'd have thought ??

2019-9-25
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4

sky wombat Posted at 9-25 00:53
Seems these guys (and guyettes) can be most useful. Watch the landing instructionsnentirely by ear
https://youtu.be/k1kYIHLBQBI

Top shot .......  hahaha  
2019-9-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>

Manxmann Posted at 9-25 01:17
But surely a bee couldn't hurt an elephant ?  It'd take a rock-hammer to get through their skin I'd have thought ??

Aloha Manx,

The elephants eyes and ears are very sensitive.  The nostrils in the trunk are sensitive to but the trunk is very mobile and flexible and bees would have a hard time stinging them there.  The ear pinnae act as heat radiators and as such have blood vessels near the surface and the thinner skin there makes the ear skin vulnerable to stings.

But the problems and conflict with bees often comes from the common interaction with trees.  The simplest scenario is that bees have nests in trees and those trees are often disturbed by elephants.  Each ecosystem has different implications for bee and elephant interaction, but from the literature it is reported that elephants do not have a very positive relationship with bees.  

Personally though, from what I have read, I would not doubt that elephants, or at least individual elephants, may harvest honey by destroying hives at appropriate times (then running very far away) and after the hive has been abandoned in a day or two, the herd would return and share the honey.  

Elephants have brains the size of Orcas and Humpback Whales.  They have been shown to have culture.  They can communicate over distances of at least five miles through the ground.  The bottoms of elephant feet are apparently very sensitive to ground (seismic) vibrations.  Obviously, the elephant's hearing range covers the frequencies heard in the bee's buzz (and our Phantoms).  But, the most sensitive and broadest band of frequencies of elephant hearing start at the bottom of the human hearing range.

Elephants can be excellent swimmers and have been documented swimming twenty miles between islands and seen thirty miles away from any land mass.  The best elephant swimmers actually undulate their bodies like (you guessed it) Cetaceans and humans doing the dolphin kick at speeds of three or four miles per hour.  Often people mistakenly think elephants in deep water are in trouble when in fact they are traveling between land masses.

Elephants are amazing.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-9-26
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4

Cetacean Posted at 9-26 03:08
Aloha Manx,

The elephants eyes and ears are very sensitive.  The nostrils in the trunk are sensitive to but the trunk is very mobile and flexible and bees would have a hard time stinging them there.  The ear pinnae act as heat radiators and as such have blood vessels near the surface and the thinner skin there makes the ear skin vulnerable to stings.

How very interesting & informative Cetacean ......  you are indeed a wealth of information.
Cheers & thankyou.

2019-9-27
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
  • >>>

Cetacean you are now my official guy to get marooned on an island with (preferably no bees)
2019-9-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>

sky wombat Posted at 9-27 22:02
Cetacean you are now my official guy to get marooned on an island with (preferably no bees)

Aloha wombat,

Actually, you might want to be marooned on an island with bees because the bees would indicate an ecosystem that would allow for easier survivability.  If the bees can survive on the island, you could survive on the island.  You just have to figure it out.

Did you ever wonder how mammals like dolphins who live in salt water get enough fresh water to survive?  Metabolic water.  And metabolic water from fat exceeds the weight of the original fat weight (110 grams vs 100 grams).  Water from carbohydrates is only 60 percent of the weight of the original carbo weight.  You will die if you just eat steak!  (42 percent)  Be sure to eat fatty steak!

Very interesting.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-9-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft

Cetacean Posted at 9-26 03:08
Aloha Manx,

I think some Cetaceans even undulate their body to the rythm of the Hula..
Aloha. Cetacean!
2019-9-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>

Antonio76 Posted at 9-28 07:38
I think some Cetaceans even undulate their body to the rythm of the Hula..
Aloha. Cetacean!

Aloha Antonio,

That is why some boats over here put speakers up against the hull so the music goes straight into the water.  It helps them hula!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules