Upgraded from Spark
594 6 2019-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft

Hey everyone,
I just got my new mavic air yesterday and took a quick test flight before work.  I noticed it flys alittle diffrent from the spark I use to fly but due to time restraints I wasnt able to really play around with much of the settings/features on the mavic.  My question is what should I expect to be diffrent between the two, other than one shots 4k and the other only does 1080.  I hope to be able to fly it more soon to really explore what the Mavic air has to offer.
2019-9-10
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft

main difference is the range and 4k

battery is improved but only by a few minutes of actual run time.

RAW is a great addition to the stills but the difference between 1080p and 4K is massive
2019-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

You'll get longer flight times in my experience (around 15 mins with the MA vs. 12 with the Spark), faster speeds - including P and S mode, smart capture is far more advanced than gesture, more pano options, improved OA, APAS, improved WiFi transmission/range and a significantly improved camera and gimbal. I also found the MA to be more reliable given that it has dual IMU's and a vision compass and is more portable due to its folding design. It also handles winds more effectively and many consider the MA what the Spark should have been... It's a big upgrade. The only real downside is that the MA is louder and thus more easily noticable to passers-by though the Spark is hardly a quiet drone and the batteries take longer to charge!
2019-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

congrats on the upgrade.
2019-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Congratulations!
2019-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we would like to congratulate you on having our Mavic Air. There will be differences between DJI Spark and Mavic Air such as flight time and other features. You could also check the link below for the drone comparison. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones
2019-9-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Congrats on the bird.
2019-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now