4 of my 5 batteries compromised?
869 7 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>

I fly my PHV4p here in Texas where it can get hot in the summer.  I noticed in the past week...four of my five batteries have a 'spongy' feel to them as if swollen ever so slightly.  One of them I had to dispose of as it would not even fit in my craft.  After some extended flying yesterday, I could not get the battery out until it cooled off.  I only have one that has a 'normal' feel to it and no 'give' to it when I press down on the sides of it.

So the three of the four I have left have me concerned.  Time to replace them?
2019-9-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft

Probably so.  They need to be stored in a fairly cool area.
2019-9-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

My experience is the spongy ones want to auto-land early.  One I have wants to autoland at 29%.  So I might use it for a short flight - or just bench work - or retire them.  Good luck  
2019-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

I wish deteriorated batteries could be exchanged for good ones...

RedHotPoker
2019-9-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-11 10:34
I wish deteriorated batteries could be exchanged for good ones...

Yeah, I would love to exchange my spongy and deteriorating liver for a new, good one as well ... RHP, you're hysterically funny, as always ...
2019-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-11 11:03
Yeah, I would love to exchange my spongy and deteriorating liver for a new, good one as well ... RHP, you're hysterically funny, as always ...

Hi brother Mathew, it’s always good to hear from you. I hope you are well and good. Kind Sir.

Someone recently asked me, politely, if I was perhaps an actor or even a writer, because of my writing style.

I thought that insightful comment, was hysterically funny to me. Sure, I burst out laughing.
I relish relating my thoughts with rhythm but don’t mean it to necessarily appear poetic.

A Fatty liver is a common condition in the Northern hemisphere. We eat too much, and don’t exercise enough.  The muscle many of us tend to use most is that fatty one situated between our ears. ;-)

I hope your awesome photography skills continues to keep you interested in the lifestyle and hobby.....

I need to get more air time, but honestly my D800 with 80-400mm is not getting enough attention either.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-11 11:31
Hi brother Mathew, it’s always good to hear from you. I hope you are well and good. Kind Sir.

Someone recently asked me, politely, if I was perhaps an actor or even a writer, because of my writing style.

The art of writing in good ol' English is disappearing so quickly, Charlie. Our kind as well. I'm still here, although the expression "kickin'" is loosing it's optimistic meaning day by day in my case ...
2019-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-11 14:10
The art of writing in good ol' English is disappearing so quickly, Charlie. Our kind as well. I'm still here, although the expression "kickin'" is loosing it's optimistic meaning day by day in my case ...

When you get out of bed after a good nights sleep, jump up just as high that your body will let you.
That’s the jump start we need to begin the next day. Haha

Yes, we are living in an aging society. Old folks are the norm . ;-)

This is a topic that I have read up on, a little.
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/ageing-and-society
Ageing & Society is an interdisciplinary and international journal devoted to the understanding of human ageing and the circumstances of older people in their social and cultural contexts. It draws contributions and has readers from many disciplines including gerontology, sociology, demography, psychology, economics, medicine, social policy and the humanities. Ageing & Society promotes high-quality original research which is relevant to an international audience to encourage the exchange of ideas across the broad audience of multidisciplinary academics and practitioners working in the field of ageing.

A lot to think about.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules