no camera feed on smart contrller
2172 6 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mancini
lvl.2

hey all, looking for some advice. Half the time i power on my mavic2 pro and the "smart" controller, which is about 2 weeks old, i get no camera feed on the smart controller. I have to shut down the contoller and restart it then the feed is there??? I see others are having the same problem, should i wait and see if an update remedies the issue or try to have issue corrected under warrenty?? This is my first drone so not sure if this sort of thing is an acceptable normal. thanks for any input.
2019-9-11
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft

There are others having this problem?  The is the first I have heard of it. My Smart Controller is good to go.  Have you tried doing a factory reset?
2019-9-11
Use props
mancini
lvl.2

No I haven’t. How do you do that??
2019-9-11
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

This appears to be a firmware glitch as it happens when using the Pilot app on the Smart Controller.

I have found you don’t need to restart the controller, if you bring up the Smart controller settings page (swipe down from the top centre of the screen) select recent and close the Go4 app when you start the app the video feed should return.

As for a factory rest you get to it by going into the settings, scroll down to backup and reset and it’s in there.
2019-9-12
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>

This happened to me once. It is probably not related to your problem, but this is just informational for others in case it does happen. I was at a beach on the Oregon coast and saw a 4-foot by 4-foot cement platform which I thought would be ideal for launching. After getting no camera view and rebooting the smart controller and of course checking the gimbal, I moved the Mavic 2 Pro onto the sand. It took off and worked perfectly. After finishing flying, and walking back to my hotel on the beach, I noticed that the cement platform I had originally tried taking off from was there to cover up drainage pipe made of iron.
2019-9-12
Use props
ChiukiAmsterdam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7163576 ft

Netherlands

I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller, nothing. Everything updated to the lastest version. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, works normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?

Like I said, everything is up-to-date.
Are other people experiencing this issue still?
Has this been addressed by DJI yet? Why has this not been resolved in an update yet? It could be a huge problem, and dangerous!
2020-6-28
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I've also had this problem. It happened to me after I linked my Goggles RE to the controller as well. Once in a while I'd get no video feed on the SC. What I did was to display the Quick Menu by swiping one finger DOWN on the SC screen. I then pressed the "Linking" symbol. The controller would start beeping and then I would press "Cancel Linking". I haven't had the video feed problem since. Don't know if this is the solution, but why not give it a try. Couldn't hurt.
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules