Mavic RC is paring with drone but is not connecting with phone
3727 9 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phoenix Bong
New
Flight distance : 22956 ft

I have been flying my Mavic Air on a few occassions and it was flyng well. I flew it 2 days back and it flew without any hassle. However i tried flying my drone yesterday and today but somehow my phone is not connecting to DJI GO 4 app. I tried linking it to the aircraft but it just wont connect. It somehow stops at Stage 3. My last flight was without any problems and after taking a few videos i safely landed the drone and packed it up. My phone when connected to the remote starts charging automatically as it always has. Therefore I am guessing there is no problem with the micro slot on the left hand side of the remote. I have tried everything but it just says disconnected on the app. The light on the remote is green and so is the light on the tail of the aircraft. If anyone can suggest something that'll be great. I have even downloaded the DJI Assistant app and upgraded to the latest software. Please help me with solutions that might work.

2019-9-12
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft

Hi! Did you try to delete the DJI Go 4 application with cleaning all its data? And then install again. And try replacing the USB cable. Mine broke in a week.
2019-9-12
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

From the posts I've seen this is usually a problem with the cable itself or with which USB port you use to connect the RC to the phone. Be sure to try using the USB port on the front / bottom part of the controller instead of the one on the left side.
2019-9-12
Use props
rdlangston13
lvl.1

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 9-12 02:11
From the posts I've seen this is usually a problem with the cable itself or with which USB port you use to connect the RC to the phone. Be sure to try using the USB port on the front / bottom part of the controller instead of the one on the left side.

I am having the same issue with my brand new Mavic 2 Pro.  If I use the USB on the bottom of the controller and plug in a traditional lightning cable (iPhone 7) it works fine.  If I use the short cord that came with the drone and the small USB on the side of the controller it will not connect.  I want it to work currectly, having the end of the lightning cable stick out the side of the controller interferes with my grip and is highly annoying.  Does DJI have a fix for this?
2019-9-12
Use props
Rodney03
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6339 ft

I know the fix for that I had the same exact problem with mine .... It has to do with the cord the plugs into your phone and the remote controller... Make sure the wire you got with the drone is plugged in THE RIGHT WAY  the end that says HOST ON IT GOES INTO THE REMOTE  and the other end that says cable creation on it plugs into your phone or tabled .... if you plug it in the wrong way your phone will charge up from the battery in the remote  , I had a hell of a time trying to figure that one out but once i turned them around it worked just fine .... go figure
2019-9-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

I periodically have problems with my phone due to lint and other debris that end up inside the cable connector receptacle, whenever connectivity issues happen, a careful cleanout with a toothpick takes care of the problem. Hopefully it's just as simple a solution for you.
2019-9-13
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer

That side port has always been finicky.
You will get more robust "connections" with the controller to device/Go4 App using the bottom port with a known good DATA cable.
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. Can you please try to use a different USB communication cable to see if the problem persist? Also, may I ask what mobile device are you currently using to run the DJI Go 4 application? If you have another mobile device that we can try to use for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-13
Use props
djiuser_QX0AqSL7nZQ8
New

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-9-13 13:07
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. Can you please try to use a different USB communication cable to see if the problem persist? Also, may I ask what mobile device are you currently using to run the DJI Go 4 application? If you have another mobile device that we can try to use for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hello DJI. I have diligently followed all steps suggested in this and other threads. Tried cables in side and bottom of RC. Used different cables. RC will control drone but RC does not connect with mobile device. I have used two mobile devices, iOS and Android. Both present same issue?
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_fZnUAQPUA3VM
New

United States

djiuser_QX0AqSL7nZQ8 Posted at 2020-9-11 22:35
Hello DJI. I have diligently followed all steps suggested in this and other threads. Tried cables in side and bottom of RC. Used different cables. RC will control drone but RC does not connect with mobile device. I have used two mobile devices, iOS and Android. Both present same issue?

Hi. Did this issue ever get resolved? I'm having the same issues and am one step away from sending in my controller.
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules