Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Standard IMU calibration
2627 2 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ads1987
lvl.1

Hi,

My Phantom 3 Standard shows IMU calibration error - unknown error. It will not allow me to process the calibration.

I attempted to roll back to a previous firmware by formatting the SD card and installing the .bin file to the root directly, which worked but the IMU would still not calibrate. I have tried tapping the drone to see if the IMU unit is possibly stuck. However when looking at the sensor page it appears all values change as the drone is moved around pyhsically.

The only thing I noticed was that the Z section under acceleration seems to be -1.5 at rest, i'm not sure if this is correct?

From what I can see this may be a software problem because the values do seem to be reading on the drone and it is aware of it's position/rotation. (picture attached of APP screen)
I have tried to calibrate upside down and on its side when the z value is below one but it still won't work.

Please can you advise on what to do next?

Thank you,

Adam.

imu.jpg
2019-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry that you experience an issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. May I ask what happens prior to the said issue? Did the drone suffer any crash or hard landing? If yes, I will highly recommend you to contact our support team to start up a ticket. Your unit will be going to our facility and our repair facility team will conduct an evaluation with your unit. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-9-13
Use props
Ads1987
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-13 12:54
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry that you experience an issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. May I ask what happens prior to the said issue? Did the drone suffer any crash or hard landing? If yes, I will highly recommend you to contact our support team to start up a ticket. Your unit will be going to our facility and our repair facility team will conduct an evaluation with your unit. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support

Hi,

It did not suffer a crash, it has not been used for around 12 months and now does not work.

It does not seem to be a hardware issues because it simply decided to stop working but it does still measure the movement of the drone correctly. it just looks like it is outside of the calibration limit?

Is there not a way to fix it or reset it without sending off and waiting for a month for the repairs at a great cost ?

Regards,

Adam.
2019-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules