Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Contemplating Mavic 2 Pro
1004 14 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MP2N
New

A brand new user to drone family. I was fully convinced to get Mavic 2 Pro by reading about the reviews and watching it's videos. I was truly fascinated by it and decided I would learn it. Then to get more insight on drone flying, I started researching about it. I read all the new FAA guidelines and I feel like it's almost impossible to fly drones in US with all those restrictions.
FAA recommends to check B4UFLY app and then plan the flight but reading about the reviewers of the app say it shows incorrect information. I also looked into https://faa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=9c2e4406710048e19806ebf6a06754ad
but I found it pretty confusing with no instructions given on the how to use those maps.
I previously have no experience in drone flying and by reading all those restrictions I almost gave up to get drone. But then I searched for some forums and I found this. Hoping to find some helpful information from all the experts here else I will get back to my regular photography.
How do you guys usually plan your flight of the drones?

2019-9-12
Use props
Laval076
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>

Illegally, most of the time...
2019-9-12
Use props
MP2N
New

I could understand that. Did you ever got any ticket for that?
2019-9-12
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.3

What review of B4UFLY are you talking about? It was revamped pretty recently, like in the past couple of months, and the new KittyHawk version is much better and gives a much more accureate picture of where you can and can't fly. Are you maybe looking at older reviews of the app?

Thousands of us fly legally in the United States and unless you live in the heart of a major city, there's a very good chance that you're inside or close to a place where it's safe and legal to fly.
2019-9-12
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>

Sounds like an excuse to not buy a drone, I bring mine wherever you go and look up the app B4Ufly 90% of the time I go I can fly with zero problems.
2019-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

It's like a car - if you worried about the Highway Code, running people over, speed cameras etc people would never leave their home! Buy it and get out there and fly it like hundreds of thousands of US citizens do everyday.
2019-9-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Use a bit of common sense and you wont have a problem,   fly somewhere crowded or over a 4th of july parade and there will be issues.
2019-9-13
Use props
MP2N
New

Thanks for the responses. I do live in downtown so I might have to go outside to fly the drone.
How do you guys usually plan the flight? What are the steps that you take before you fly? Do I need to take insurance too from Verifly?
2019-9-13
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>

MP2N Posted at 9-13 07:53
Thanks for the responses. I do live in downtown so I might have to go outside to fly the drone.
How do you guys usually plan the flight? What are the steps that you take before you fly? Do I need to take insurance too from Verifly?

You don't need to do any of that, Just buy the drone, check AirMap or B4UFLY or you don't event have to that. Just go to the place you want to fly. Open the GO App. It either gives you a warning and let you fly, or it's no go at all.
2019-9-13
Use props
MP2N
New

Maxi3D Posted at 9-13 08:33
You don't need to do any of that, Just buy the drone, check AirMap or B4UFLY or you don't event have to that. Just go to the place you want to fly. Open the GO App. It either gives you a warning and let you fly, or it's no go at all.

I tried searching for GO app but it shows some game. Could you let me know full name of the app?
2019-9-13
Use props
Flycaster
Captain

Look up "Ed Ricker" on You Tube, and go his series. He explains a lot in clear simple(?) terms.
Here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/EdwardRicker

And here is a link to the manual for the Mavic for "pre-reading..
https://www.google.com/search?cl ... ;q=mavic+pro+manual
2019-9-13
Use props
fans41f3800c
Captain
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>

Download AirMap‘s app. It gives you a choice if you are a part 107 or recreational flyer. I find this to be much easier than the before you fly app and much easier to understand as well. Watch a tutorial And learn how to request aerospace authorization if needed. Hope this helps.
2019-9-13
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.3

MP2N Posted at 9-13 07:53

You might be able to fly at a nearby park but some cities don't allow it. You should be able to find park rules on the city web site. A good place will be flat, open, and have as few people as possible, so yes you may need to leave the city for that.

Mainly you just need to make sure your registered with the FAA, label your drone, and that you're in uncontrolled airspace, which you can check with B4UFLY. No, you don't have to have insurance. I think Verifly is liability insurance for commercial drone operators, but you may want to get the drone itself insured through State Farm in case it gets lost or crashed.
2019-9-13
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.3

MP2N Posted at 9-13 08:37
I tried searching for GO app but it shows some game. Could you let me know full name of the app?

Search for "DJI Go" and pick the "DJI GO 4" app.
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the recommendation that you may need with regard to this application. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules