Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please, DJI dev team, give us an update on the Mic adaptor
2124 22 2019-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft

Come on DJI dev team, we're all getting pretty desperate here.  We're not asking for much, just an update, an ETA, something.  Not the usual response from the support team as they don't know either.  Just give us a rough estimate when the Mic adaptor will be available.  Treat your loyal customers better than this.  Thanks.
2019-9-13
Use props
vgrassos
lvl.1

Waiting for months and nothing. At the FAQ area says that you can use an external microphone with a USB 3 to 3.5mm adapter but this is a fault statement. I bought the camera in order to use it with an external microphone from day 1 but nothing.

May a low suit help the situation for selling product with fake specifications /  advertisement ?
2019-9-13
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15614 ft
  • >>>

It must be false advertising as it did state quite clearly on their website. Perhaps someone should sue yes lol.
I have not been impressed with the way DJI have handled updates to the Osmo Action.
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi anthonyb, the 3.5 mm audio adapter for Osmo Action is set to be released within this month. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready, thanks for your attention.
2019-9-13
Use props
williehowe
Second Officer

Woah, finally!  Hopefully this comment wasn't made to just shut us up.
2019-9-14
Use props
fansba020101
lvl.1

vgrassos Posted at 9-13 02:50
Waiting for months and nothing. At the FAQ area says that you can use an external microphone with a USB 3 to 3.5mm adapter but this is a fault statement. I bought the camera in order to use it with an external microphone from day 1 but nothing.

May a low suit help the situation for selling product with fake specifications /  advertisement ?

* low suit ????? WTF...  I mean a complaint against DJI...
2019-9-14
Use props
ff22
Captain

fansba020101 Posted at 9-14 14:26
* low suit ????? WTF...  I mean a complaint against DJI...

Did you mean "law suit"?  That would be a matter of consumer protection law and is different in different countries.
2019-9-14
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer

DJI Susan Posted at 9-13 22:57
Hi anthonyb, the 3.5 mm audio adapter for Osmo Action is set to be released within this month. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready, thanks for your attention.

Fantastic Susan!  Thank you so much.  Many of your loyal customers will be very happy to hear this.
2019-9-14
Use props
deejayone
lvl.4

*refreshes shop page obsessively*

2019-9-16
Use props
Spazsapien
New

I'll believe it when I see it ...... they have been promising since May and been FOS all along.  You won't see an adapter until GoPro 8 comes out and forces their hand with their own dedicated mic port at which time you can relegate the action to the junk pile.  Do you really think it's coincidental that they say the adapter will suddenly be released at the same time the Hero 8 is expected to be released??  They have had the adapter all along and refused to release it so they could sell more Osmo Pockets with its huge array of expensive add on's (another gimped device designed to require money making add on's to get any reasonable functionality).  DJI doesn't give a fat rat's a__ about customer experience ... just the green in their pockets and how many times they can dip in that pocket!  
2019-9-17
Use props
MKosmo
First Officer

Spazsapien Posted at 9-17 07:35
I'll believe it when I see it ...... they have been promising since May and been FOS all along.  You won't see an adapter until GoPro 8 comes out and forces their hand with their own dedicated mic port at which time you can relegate the action to the junk pile.  Do you really think it's coincidental that they say the adapter will suddenly be released at the same time the Hero 8 is expected to be released??  They have had the adapter all along and refused to release it so they could sell more Osmo Pockets with its huge array of expensive add on's (another gimped device designed to require money making add on's to get any reasonable functionality).  DJI doesn't give a fat rat's a__ about customer experience ... just the green in their pockets and how many times they can dip in that pocket!

I don’t think it’s that calculated, I just wonder if there is a hardware issue and basically they can’t make it work with the current hardware.

For me the audio isn’t important but I can see it’s very frustrating if you bought this on the strength of an external mic input.
2019-9-17
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595561 ft
  • >>>

low suit.. i like it. but please release it soon dji, want to elevate my audio game on osmo
2019-9-17
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer

Spazsapien Posted at 9-17 07:35
I'll believe it when I see it ...... they have been promising since May and been FOS all along.  You won't see an adapter until GoPro 8 comes out and forces their hand with their own dedicated mic port at which time you can relegate the action to the junk pile.  Do you really think it's coincidental that they say the adapter will suddenly be released at the same time the Hero 8 is expected to be released??  They have had the adapter all along and refused to release it so they could sell more Osmo Pockets with its huge array of expensive add on's (another gimped device designed to require money making add on's to get any reasonable functionality).  DJI doesn't give a fat rat's a__ about customer experience ... just the green in their pockets and how many times they can dip in that pocket!

I for one will not be buying another GoPro, even if it is the 8.  The 7 was a disaster for me.  The build quality of the GoPro is very poor.  The OA has been flawless so far.  Just need the mic adapter.
2019-9-17
Use props
Ferdinand Montes / calor1030
lvl.4

anthonyb Posted at 9-17 11:56
I for one will not be buying another GoPro, even if it is the 8.  The 7 was a disaster for me.  The build quality of the GoPro is very poor.  The OA has been flawless so far.  Just need the mic adapter.

Amen !!! Please release the audio adapter
2019-9-17
Use props
bimYota
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16919 ft

williehowe Posted at 9-14 03:14
Woah, finally!  Hopefully this comment wasn't made to just shut us up.

Hahahaha! I hope not!
2019-9-18
Use props
bimYota
lvl.1

My question is: why not make the pocket adapter compatible with the action? It's already an expensive adapter. If they release a separate adapter and not just a firmware update, I'll be pretty frustrated.
2019-9-18
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer

bimYota Posted at 9-18 07:38
My question is: why not make the pocket adapter compatible with the action? It's already an expensive adapter. If they release a separate adapter and not just a firmware update, I'll be pretty frustrated.

Probably because like the gopro adapter there needs to also be the ability to plug in the power at the same time.
2019-9-18
Use props
airboss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332087 ft
  • >>>

bimYota Posted at 9-18 07:38

I agree with this.  I don't want to have to buy another one for the action.  
2019-9-18
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>

Any response from DJI?
2019-9-19
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer

Yes, they said out this month.
2019-9-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Great news it was released
Check out the store
2019-9-20
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer

Yup, woohoo!
2019-9-20
Use props
bimYota
lvl.1

Ordered! I like the form factor. I hope it works well. I'll definitely be posting some video using it.

https://m.dji.com/product/cynova-osmo-action-dual-3-5mm-adapter
2019-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules