Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action 4k 60FPS really low quality video
4629 12 2019-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheRepo
lvl.1

Hello everyone, i feel like my Osmo Action cam is recording kinda low quality video and i don't know why. I uploaded an example of a video at 4k 60fps with medium light scenario.What do you think? Is there a way to improve? I expected much better for a 350 bucks cam... I edited it only to remove the audio, but the quality is the same as in the original video. What are your opinions? I think the quality is kinda low...

2019-9-13
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Captain
Flight distance : 596896 ft

Your video is set to private
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TheRepo. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the video that you have uploaded is not playing. Are you able to upload the video once again for us to be able to see it and help you further. Thank you.
2019-9-13
Use props
TheRepo
lvl.1

Now It should be public. Thank you
2019-9-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Are you shooting in normal mode or D-Cinelike?
2019-9-14
Use props
TheRepo
lvl.1

Woe Posted at 9-14 06:03
Are you shooting in normal mode or D-Cinelike?

Normal mode
2019-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

What happens when you film in daylight conditions?
2019-9-19
Use props
TheRepo
lvl.1

Montfrooij Posted at 9-19 05:32
What happens when you film in daylight conditions?

The quality in daylight conditions is good (always a bit grainy). The fact is that i would understand if the video quality was like this at night... But this wasn't night time, it was sunset and there was still tons of light...
2019-9-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

It's low light.  All the cams at $350 new are going to be bad.  Pull up a competitor that is better for $350 at low light.

The shutter speed minimum is 1/60.  People at low light shoot 1/24 or 1/30 to get more light in.
2019-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

TheRepo Posted at 9-20 01:38
The quality in daylight conditions is good (always a bit grainy). The fact is that i would understand if the video quality was like this at night... But this wasn't night time, it was sunset and there was still tons of light...

What is the iso?
2019-9-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

low light conditions with a small sensor
2019-9-20
Use props
zegeli
New
Colombia

I have the same issue.

My camera has terrible low light performance, here is a test footage I shot at around 4pm, an hour or 2 before the sunset. There is still daylight but the area I am at is considered indoors. I realized I cannot shoot proper footage until 11am if I am indoors, after 4-5pm or if its cloudy. If its a cloudy/dark day even outdoors in open air I get grainy footage. I am shooting in auto 4K - 24fps. I tried using 800 or 1600 ISO but makes the footage dark and when I edit it and add brightness grainy look comes back.

Doesn't let me post URLs so you can find the test footage on YouTube with the following titles:

1-) Osmo Action low light test - terrible grainy footage
2-) Osmo Action low light test - terrible grainy footage

I was hoping to use this camera for vlogging but under these conditions its impossible to use Osmo action since I cannot use it in my apartment, apartment building, elevator, parking place, anywhere that is not taking direct sunlight really. I am very disappointing.
2020-5-4
Use props
zegeli
New
Colombia

Well perfect. Besides not letting me upload URLs now doesn't let me edit my post as well. So correcting one error on my previous post here. I realized I pasted the same video name 2 times. Here is the name of the second video "Osmo Action very bad low light performance - super grainy footage"
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules