Can the normal USB module GL300C drive DJI goggles via a micro USB
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>

P3adv or P3Pro
Can the normal USB module of a GL300C drive DJI goggles via the goggles' normal cable connected to a HDMI  to micro USB adapter which in turn is connected to the micro USB port of the normal module?
I know the GL300C can drive goggles with the HDMI module fitted etc. but I am asking about the normal USB module and the micro USB port it contains.

2019-9-13
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Highly unlikely, as the micro USB port is reserved for factory programming and diagnosis.  Video would need a separate encoder chip to output a signal via USB, similar to what is present in the HDMI module.
2019-9-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>

Aloha Sean,

Ditto on what endotherm says.  DJI does not profess any USB capabilities between the Goggles and the P3 series.  The best we can do between them is using the HDMI module and connectivity.  DJI does not even note that compatability since the HDMI module is an add-on for the P3A & P3P remote controllers.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-9-14
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>

Thanks 'guys', I did notice that it is marked "reserved port" in the manual. Actually connected via the HDMI module etc. I get telemetry in the goggles which I was not expecting.
2019-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules