Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Hiking bag
2844 13 2019-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdfbe21cc
lvl.4

Hi,

I take my Mavic 2 to take footage on my hikings, I tend to take strenuous hikes, can get to 10miles a day w/ parts where my two hands are requiered for climbing/decending.
I have tried many bags, the main problem is that w/ those that I have tried there is no space left for the hiking equipment, that is, the bag is dedicated for carying the drone, the closest I have got (though not perfect) was w/ the "DJI Mavic 2 Shoulder Bag" that is provided w/ the fly more bundle, however, recently I have aquiered the SmartController which does not fit in that bag...

I am looking for a bag, to be used in addition to my hiking equipnet/backpack, that can be firmly attached to my body enabling usage of my two hands while eg. climbing ( w/o eg. hanging in the air from my neck/shoulder )...

Any recommendations ?
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation on what backpack will be the best for carrying your DJI Mavic 2 Pro from our valued DJI co pilots. In addition I would recommend the Manfrotto Gear Backpack Medium as well. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications for the said backpack. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ge ... -v2&position=20
2019-9-13
Use props
fansdfbe21cc
lvl.4

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-13 13:36
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation on what backpack will be the best for carrying your DJI Mavic 2 Pro from our valued DJI co pilots. In addition I would recommend the Manfrotto Gear Backpack Medium as well. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications for the said backpack. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/gear-backpack-medium?from=search-result-v2&position=20

Thanks fro your response!!, Is this a backpack I can use in addition to my existing, hiking backpack?
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansdfbe21cc Posted at 9-13 14:03
Thanks fro your response!!, Is this a backpack I can use in addition to my existing, hiking backpack?

You are very much welcome. The Manfrotto Gear Backpack Medium is classified as a medium compact  backpack. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-9-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Try this bag, its made by koozam. I purchased it from amazon 59.99
2019-9-13
Use props
IU drone
lvl.2

China

Maybe you could try this backpack.  The quality is good and the leather and zipper are both waterproof.
And now it has a 55% off discount.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A1JNJCQPEKMIWC
2019-10-22
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Try one of them https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/collection/droneguard/
I am using 200 series almost a year  witout any problem safe ,durable and light
not only for travelling (hiking, climbing , etc) but also very comfortable for the urban area usage.

2019-10-22
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Any camera bag, the ones with velcro interior walls that you can adjust. It's the most flexible equipment you can get.
If you want it to fit more than the drone and its accessories, just get one that is big enough. So look at the internal arrangement and the size and you are good to go.
2019-10-22
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

I carry the Mavic 2 Pro in the carrying case that DJI sells, then I put the controller and batteries in another small case/pouch. I then throw those into my hiking day pack. No issues.. I do 10 mile hikes and have enough room for my hydration pack and snacks, water bottles.
Weight is the issue.. drone with control and 3 batteries aren’t so fun to carry along with all your food and water on a day hike lol
2019-10-22
Use props
wjtve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75121 ft
United States

I too use the LowePro as I carry camera gear too ,  Currently trying the 500 AW, works great but it is very photo orientated
2019-10-22
Use props
Genius111
New

Ukraine

I use BOSTANTEN's leather briefcases . They have a very cool series of leather. Take a look. If still relevant.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_osmVn2W4V4fw
lvl.1
United States

I’ve used a number of different camera backs while hiking over the years
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_osmVn2W4V4fw
lvl.1
United States

Grrr.  Something happened and I accidentally saved.

Look for a padded lense pouch for a long lelephoto lens. It should have straps that will allow you to connect it to your existing bag.  

Alternatively a new backpack with the capacity for everything.  Not knowing how much additional gear you have it’s hard to recommend a bag.  
2020-1-5
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

I use the LowPro Flipside Trek AW 450. It's great for hikes you mentioned since the drone only takes up about 1/3 of the space and I have come to love the "flipside" design, meaning no one can steal your gear while the bag is on and when you set it down to access your stuff you don't get your back dirty.

Although the padded inserts are made for cameras, they work great for the drone. I make a mavic-sized compartment and then use another of the included dividers sideways as a hinged cover for extra security.... works great! Also, my Mavic Air fits in perfectly occupying only a fraction of the bag's space.... the height is exactly the same as the flymore bag so I just take the dividers out of the flymore bag and they work perfectly taking up just a small part of the available cargo area. I'll post a photo of my setup if I can.

These bags can be found on sale on B&H, Adorama, etc.. The 450 is a overkill, mostly taller to accommodate pro DSLR's with battery grips. The 350 size would probably be perfect. The 250 size looks too small...

https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/collection/flipside/

2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules