Help with setup
1728 17 2019-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fergy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4246201 ft

Hi, A newby here, Have just connected my Osmo 3 Gimbal all went OK except the camera screen appears very briefly then goes back to my home screen I cant access the main camera screen, any advice appreciated.
2019-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Have you correctly set Bluetooth, with Osmo 3 and iPhone , once you set up Bluetooth once you place phone on gimbal just open Mimo and top right you should see connect in blue just click on this and you should be connected, if connection is failing check your Bluetooth.
If your still having problems, can you upload screenshots ?
2019-9-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

It sounds like the app isn't compatible with your phone - what is it?
2019-9-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. May I please ask what mobile device are you currently using to run the DJI Mimo app? Also, after you well balanced your mobile device to the gimbal, did you already connect your mobile device to the Bluetooth of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 using the camera icon on the upper left-hand corner of the application? I will be posting some tutorials below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-9-14
Use props
fergy
lvl.2

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-14 05:23

Thanks my Phone is an Oppo F5
2019-9-14
Use props
fergy
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-14 08:37
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. May I please ask what mobile device are you currently using to run the DJI Mimo app? Also, after you well balanced your mobile device to the gimbal, did you already connect your mobile device to the Bluetooth of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 using the camera icon on the upper left-hand corner of the application? I will be posting some tutorials below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njyueomPFnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LbDu6mdYG0

Yes all the setup went OK ALL  works fine except I can not enter the camera mode, I have a OPPO F5 phone, it very briefly shows the camera screen then disappears .
2019-9-14
Use props
fergy
lvl.2

fergy Posted at 9-14 15:37
Yes all the setup went OK ALL  works fine except I can not enter the camera mode, I have a OPPO F5 phone, it very briefly shows the camera screen then disappears .

Disappointed tried my partners phone and the same thing and after doing more research it appears that there are a lot more frustrated people finding out that after purchasing the DJI Mobile gimbal that it is not compatible with their device. Not happy.
2019-9-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fergy Posted at 9-14 15:37

Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Mimo application to see if the problem will still persist. Also, can you please try to use a mobile device that currently listed on our recommended mobile device? You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-9-17
Use props
fergy
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-17 13:06
Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Mimo application to see if the problem will still persist. Also, can you please try to use a mobile device that currently listed on our recommended mobile device? You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

[view_image]

Well that's great advice, just use one of the devices listed, I will just go and purchase another phone for a $1000.
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fergy Posted at 10-4 23:24
Well that's great advice, just use one of the devices listed, I will just go and purchase another phone for a $1000.

Hi, we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. The mobile device that was listed on our recommended list, those are the mobile phones that our engineers already fully tested and we can guarantee that it will work fine using the DJI Mimo application with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Therefore, if you use a mobile device that was not listed on the recommended mobile device, there is a possibility that it will work. However,  we cannot guarantee the stability of the application on the mobile device wherein you will receive some uncertain errors. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-10-5
Use props
fans2c661040
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58809 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 9-14 04:45
Have you correctly set Bluetooth, with Osmo 3 and iPhone , once you set up Bluetooth once you place phone on gimbal just open Mimo and top right you should see connect in blue just click on this and you should be connected, if connection is failing check your Bluetooth.
If your still having problems, can you upload screenshots ?

I do what you say and press blue and mimo conects and opens , i dee what camera sees and all tabs BUT it seams to go through a new help mode and screen displays info on each tab ,every time u touch screen it tells you what next button dose and then when finished it opens a custom menu , then it wont acknowledge any moor inputs  on the screen .
I have tried different phones and uninstalled and reinstalles mimo
2019-10-14
Use props
fans2c661040
lvl.2

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-14 05:23

I have tried several phones but minr is gallaxy s10 5g
2019-10-14
Use props
fans2c661040
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-14 08:37
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. May I please ask what mobile device are you currently using to run the DJI Mimo app? Also, after you well balanced your mobile device to the gimbal, did you already connect your mobile device to the Bluetooth of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 using the camera icon on the upper left-hand corner of the application? I will be posting some tutorials below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njyueomPFnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LbDu6mdYG0

I have tried several phones but mine is s10 5g samsung .yes balance phone then turn on gimbal then open mimo and conect by blue flashing tab
When connected i see camera view and it goes through a series off tabs explaining all the buttons , after last one it opens up a custom menue to chose good lines or not and m button use etc..
Then i cant remove menu or continue in any way .l have reinstalled app and tried samsung s8 as well both same
2019-10-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

Make sure phone settings don't have large text enabled.
2019-10-14
Use props
Ernie_A
lvl.1

Hi there

I have exactly the same problem with the Osmo Mobile 3 setup - please see screen below. Below the Press M Button there should be a Done button - you can see it on the RHS of the screen print

2019-10-15
Use props
Ernie_A
lvl.1

Thank you - the font on my phone was set to be larger than what it was released with. After resizing the font to be smaller I could see the Done button.

Thanks
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans2c661040 Posted at 10-14 05:52
I have tried several phones but mine is s10 5g samsung .yes balance phone then turn on gimbal then open mimo and conect by blue flashing tab
When connected i see camera view and it goes through a series off tabs explaining all the buttons , after last one it opens up a custom menue to chose good lines or not and m button use etc..

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to lower the mobile device's font size to see if you can now proceed? Also, can you please send us a screenshot showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ernie_A Posted at 10-15 03:34
Thank you - the font on my phone was set to be larger than what it was released with. After resizing the font to be smaller I could see the Done button.

Thanks

Hi, we're glad that you already resolved the issue that you are having right now with your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules