DJI FPV Unit + F4+F55A PRO II HD issue
10293 10 2019-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneAway Sweden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2157300 ft
  • >>>

Bought this kit that DJI is recomend on the website, DJI Air unit with F4+F55A PROII HD and T-Motor F40 KV2400.
The kit includes wire so you don´t need to soldering anyting, the problem i have is that when i arm the quad and just move the throttle just a little bit and it hit the max speed in one sec. I also notice that when everyting is on i can see that in the servo setup nothing shows up, and also in the PID section noting is shown in the dji googles.

just need some help here, what might be wrong?

Skärmavbild 2019-09-14 kl. 12.29.56.png

This is the ports section in betaflight.

Skärmavbild 2019-09-14 kl. 13.19.47.png

IMG_8656.jpg

IMG_8655.jpg

Skärmavbild-2019-09-14-kl.-12.29.31.jpg
2019-9-14
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

It looks like they have the GREY and WHITE wires on UART 2. UART 2 needs to be set to configuration/MSP in betaflight. This is what allows the air unit to provide you with PID information and drone battery voltage at the bottom right of the screen when you're flying. Everything else you have looks great. Give that a try and report back.
2019-9-14
Use props
DroneAway Sweden
lvl.2
  • >>>

Charmande Posted at 9-14 06:28
It looks like they have the GREY and WHITE wires on UART 2. UART 2 needs to be set to configuration/MSP in betaflight. This is what allows the air unit to provide you with PID information and drone battery voltage at the bottom right of the screen when you're flying. Everything else you have looks great. Give that a try and report back.

Yes that's working, thanks!!  now the motors going like crazy when I hit the throttle. every time i going to fly it start cutting gras and making a round ditch!
2019-9-14
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

DroneAway Sweden Posted at 9-14 07:55
Yes that's working, thanks!!  now the motors going like crazy when I hit the throttle. every time i going to fly it start cutting gras and making a round ditch!

A few things you need to check.

1. Look to see if your flight controller is mounted with the ARROW printed on the board facing FORWARD. If it is not you can either rotate it so the arrow is facing forward OR you can go into betaflight on the configuration tab on the right side and change its orientation. You should be able to pick up the drone and move it and the 3D model shown on the SETUP tab should reflect accurately how you are moving it.

2. Make sure your flight controller has proper vibration dampening (ie. it's mounted in a manner that will not allow it to shake a lot - rubber standoffs and O-rings help with this)  

3. Ensure your motors are spinning in the correct direction. REMOVE THE PROPS, plugs the drone into betaflight, add your battery, go to the motors tab and then accept the warning on the right and slide the master motor tab up a lil until all motors are spinning. I rest my finger on the top of the nut on each motor to ensure my finger rotates the direction the motor is supposed to spin. If they are not remap the motors using CLI commands (youtube Joshua Bardwell motor resource remap he has an excellent video on the subject). Below is the normal motor rotation for most quads.

betaflight-motor-spin-direction-order.png

2019-9-14
Use props
DroneAway Sweden
lvl.2
  • >>>

Charmande Posted at 9-14 11:25
A few things you need to check.

1. Look to see if your flight controller is mounted with the ARROW printed on the board facing FORWARD. If it is not you can either rotate it so the arrow is facing forward OR you can go into betaflight on the configuration tab on the right side and change its orientation. You should be able to pick up the drone and move it and the 3D model shown on the SETUP tab should reflect accurately how you are moving it.
[Image]

Thanks!

I found this helpful to for does that do not have the HD stack!

https://youtu.be/z9pXYOjHpEo
2019-9-16
Use props
djiuser_8nRhYAbqdrt4
lvl.1

I am having the same exact problem and nothing I've tried has worked.  Motors are spinning in the right direction after I reversed two in the BLHeli Suite. It seems 1 and 4 were going the wrong way but that was fixed...  After just easing on the throttle the motors steadily climb to top speed.  Pulling the throttle back down completely doesn't stop the motors. I have to disarm then rearm.....
2019-9-24
Use props
fansad3be1b4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DroneAway Sweden Posted at 9-16 12:33
Thanks!

I found this helpful to for does that do not have the HD stack!

Ciao ragazzi ho appena acquistato il more combo della DJI FPV System, sto riscontrando problemi nel configurare il ricevitore con Betaflight qualcuno può aiutarmi ? Grazie
2019-11-17
Use props
GabrielJB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179678 ft
Germany

djiuser_8nRhYAbqdrt4 Posted at 2019-9-24 19:14
I am having the same exact problem and nothing I've tried has worked.  Motors are spinning in the right direction after I reversed two in the BLHeli Suite. It seems 1 and 4 were going the wrong way but that was fixed...  After just easing on the throttle the motors steadily climb to top speed.  Pulling the throttle back down completely doesn't stop the motors. I have to disarm then rearm.....

I am having the exact same problem with my newly bought Iflight DC3 DJI BNF. Everything is working fine. The only problem I have, is that when I move the throttle slightly, the rpm of all motors go up to max and I can't stop them by pulling the throttle stick back down. Only disarming helps. It looks like I dont have any control above the motor speed, although my throttle looks fine under the receiver tab in betaflight. Please help
2020-3-13
Use props
fansd2485677
lvl.1
United States

Charmande Posted at 2019-9-14 06:28
It looks like they have the GREY and WHITE wires on UART 2. UART 2 needs to be set to configuration/MSP in betaflight. This is what allows the air unit to provide you with PID information and drone battery voltage at the bottom right of the screen when you're flying. Everything else you have looks great. Give that a try and report back.

Dude, this post helped me. Thanks Charmande!
2020-4-1
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

GabrielJB Posted at 3-13 06:37
I am having the exact same problem with my newly bought Iflight DC3 DJI BNF. Everything is working fine. The only problem I have, is that when I move the throttle slightly, the rpm of all motors go up to max and I can't stop them by pulling the throttle stick back down. Only disarming helps. It looks like I dont have any control above the motor speed, although my throttle looks fine under the receiver tab in betaflight. Please help

You do not have AIRMODE enabled while you are touching the ground do you ?
2020-4-4
Use props
Nine Ten Drones
lvl.1
United States

Help!!!! I recently built out a DJI FPV style quad with the F4 F55a pro ii and DJI air unit. I had everything ready to go but could not get it to connect to BLHeli to swap a couple motor directions. What I thought could be a fix was flashing firmware update to the stack. I ended up making things into a bad situation. My receiver no longer shows the full list of channels it initially showed nor is it responding to any tx input.
2020-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules