Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 will not update to latest version on Smart Controller
3336 9 2019-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pierre BM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192484 ft

The DJI GO 4 app on my Smart Controller does not update to version v.....24. The app continues to indicate it is up to date although it is v....16.
Every time I start the app I get the message that the new version is released yet the app thinks it is running the most r3cent version.

What gives?

DJI Support has not been very helpful with this issue so far. I have exchanged about 13 emails with them.
2019-9-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. The latest version of the DJI Go 4 application on the DJI Smart Controller would be v4.3.16. You may refer to the image below. However, can you please send us a screenshot showing the update message for us to further isolate the problem? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2019-9-14
Use props
Pierre BM
lvl.1

Here is the message from the Smart Controller

Here is the reply from DJI Support
Hi Pierre,

I'm sorry if you got disappointed for our conversation.

This is certainly not the experience we want for you. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Your doing fine in downloading the latest DJI go 4 app manually. However for some reason you are getting the old app version.

That is why I mention that you don't have to necessarily download the DJI G 4 manually since it has a built in to the app.

Let me answer your question accordingly.

1. What is the most up to date firmware version of the Smart Controller?
Answer: The latest version is v01.00.0530

2. What is the most up to date version of DJI Go 4 that is for the Smart Controller?
Answer:  The latest version of the DJI GO 4 is v4.3.24
However, if your smart remote have the DJI Go 4 v4.3.16 and doesn't have the option to update yet just leave it until you got a prompt to update since the smart remote should automatically update the app if it has the latest version.

I hope that I have given you clarity on this. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further inquiries.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,

Benz
DJI Technical Support
2019-9-14
Use props
fans8b803c8d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

Yes, and to make things worse DJI jreleased an hour ago a firmware update for the M2 Pro and Zoom models with a couple of very useful battery features that are not available to the GO4 app ver. 4.3.16 on the SC. It requires the latest version of the GO4 app ver 4.3.24 and as of today this is still not available for the SC. Seems that users of the Smart Controller just get left behind.
2019-9-16
Use props
djiuser_Fup3D6vIBRZm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17110 ft

Don't they say, the LATEST version off ne go app for the smart controller is .24??!

So, what's correct now?
2019-9-16
Use props
Pierre BM
lvl.1

Maybe they forgot to hit the release button for the Smart Controller.
It is sad that we pay so much for the. Smart Controller then get treated like a forgotten child.
2019-9-16
Use props
jerryjko123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2970640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have the same issue and still waiting for DJI to release the latest DJI Go version (.24) for smart controller.  I was told that I can borrow a standard controller (with latest DJI Go on the phone), connect to M2P and set up the battery parameters while waiting for the SC release
2019-12-9
Use props
Checki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

Well, now we have the latest version with the latest firmware
2020-1-16
Use props
clower80yahoo.com
New

United States

fans8b803c8d Posted at 2019-9-16 07:06
Yes, and to make things worse DJI jreleased an hour ago a firmware update for the M2 Pro and Zoom models with a couple of very useful battery features that are not available to the GO4 app ver. 4.3.16 on the SC. It requires the latest version of the GO4 app ver 4.3.24 and as of today this is still not available for the SC. Seems that users of the Smart Controller just get left behind.

What are the battery features?
2020-2-1
Use props
clower80yahoo.com
New

United States

Checki Posted at 1-16 23:55
Well, now we have the latest version with the latest firmware

I think there’s a new go4 update available today for the smart controller, but my controller hasn’t updated yet. It says I have the newest one but it doesn’t update.
2020-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules