Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to get the longest Hyperlapse?
665 4 2019-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>

New owner of Mavic 2 Pro and I was playing with Hyperlapse the last 2 days. Any tips for getting the MOST time out of Hyperlapse? I ran two "CourseLock" hyperlapses today and both were set to go for 25 minutes but only made it about 20ish minutes until I was at 25% battery and had to land. Also, both drifted quite a bit right during the hyperlapse. I'm sure setting "Waypoint" would keep it from drifting, but what's the best for battery? Also, anyone know the best speed to get the most time out of each battery?

Has anyone started a hyperlapse, and then moved your location on the ground to be in position where the Hyperlapse will end, and then ran the battery down farther to get more time out of the battery? I'm sure you'd have to change your settings to NOT return to home at the end of the battery. Any other suggestions?
2019-9-14
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft

The speed should be dictated by the scene and direction of travel.  Too fast and the jump in perspective between shots might not look good.  The further away the POI is the less of a problem speed will be
2019-9-14
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 9-14 17:10
The speed should be dictated by the scene and direction of travel.  Too fast and the jump in perspective between shots might not lookk good.  The further away the POI is the less of a problem speed will be

The speed is pretty limited in the Hyperlapse settings. Only goes up to 4.5mph I believe. What settings have you used to max out your battery time? What's the longest Hyperlapse you've shot?
2019-9-14
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

An issue with hyperlapse is the slower the drone moves generally the more battery it uses.  Hyperlapse is *all* slow.
Stating the obvious, make sure with a hyperlapse you physically go to the start point and launch so no time spent getting there.  Have already thought out what you need so no time is wasted in setup or experimenting.
And finally, if possible, have someone else at the end point so you can land it there and they can recover it.
Try to make sure its going with, not against any wind as well.
2019-9-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 9-15 02:57
An issue with hyperlapse is the slower the drone moves generally the more battery it uses.  Hyperlapse is *all* slow.
Stating the obvious, make sure with a hyperlapse you physically go to the start point and launch so no time spent getting there.  Have already thought out what you need so no time is wasted in setup or experimenting.
And finally, if possible, have someone else at the end point so you can land it there and they can recover it.

All good tips. I'll try to increase the speed today.
2019-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules