Mavic Pro just crashed into the sea
1445 7 2019-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QnOizGlUaihj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276457 ft

Hi,

I'm currently on vacation in Fiji and have just been flying my drone. I've owned my drone for 2 years so I'm not new to flying.

I just flew my drove up approximately 40m and around 200m out to sea to take pictures of my friends snorkeling along the reef. As I flew towards them in sports mode and let go of the analog stick to stop the drone, it immediately started spinning out of control rapidly.

At this  stage the drone then just crashed into the sea. No errors, warning signals or connection errors. It was also perfect flying conditions, clear blue skies and light winds. I've never had this problem before and I can't get my head around what happened. To me this seems like a malfunction issue with the drone itself.

I wasn't recording at the time however the log has saved on my DJI app. Is there a way I can upload the log file from my phone?

Many thanks,

Chris
2019-9-14
Use props
QnOizGlUaihj
lvl.1

Further to my original post as it isn't letting me edit it. I have attached a screen shot of my flight log.
Screenshot_20190915-173555.jpg
2019-9-14
Use props
fans6ae5da2c
New

Chris,
First i'm sorry to hear you lost your drone. I too have lost one similarly  though it wasn't DJI was typhoon H+ and like you I wasn't new to drone flying I also own a phantom 3 pro. Like your situation I launched and was on the water in the Bahamas and wanted to get some footage running the boat when without notice at all into the sea. I had a theory  on my loss as it seemingly went dead when I changed direction, I thought possibly the battery wasn't clicked in all the way. we recovered the drone and oddly enough the battery was out as was the sd card which really bummed out as I think data could be recovered but is what it is.You said it started spinning out of control could it have been just falling to ocean? also if you were on a boat do you think it could be interference from electronics on board? my electronics were on, not radar! just  sonar and gps only wouldn't expect any problem with that. Bought new Mavic 2 Pro Love it typhoon has nothing on it. Hope you get an answer good luck
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Chris, we are very sorry for your loss, where are you from? May we have the serial number of the drone for further verification?
2019-9-15
Use props
Chris9393
lvl.1

Thanks for the replies.

To add further, I was stationary on the beach so there was nothing in the way of electronically interfering with the signal and yes, the battery was connected properly.

I always do a full check on my drone before takeoff to make sure everything is in check. The drone itself was spinning rapidly, so fast that you couldn't physically turn it that quick even if you tried.

I was never able to recover my drone, how am I able to find my serial number?
2019-9-15
Use props
Chris9393
lvl.1

Again, further to my post above as it isn't letting me edit it. I'm from the UK.

Serial Number 08QDE3A01204ZB
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chris9393 Posted at 9-15 22:18
Again, further to my post above as it isn't letting me edit it. I'm from the UK.

Serial Number 08QDE3A01204ZB

Thank you for the case number, unfortunately, the drone's warranty period has been expired, we cannot provide the free data analysis according to the after-sales policy. You may upload the flight record so see if other customers could give you some advice. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-9-19
Use props
Chris9393
lvl.1

Hi Mindy, how do I upload the full flight record.

Thanks
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules