Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rinex File Post-Processing
14714 14 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kowalcca
lvl.1

Has anyone had any success post-processing the rinex files? eg: Opus in the US, NRCAN in Canada, RTKLib....?
There seems to be extra information in my files and also the initial date shows up as 1980.

Once I update the date info to date of flight, post-processing apps will still not accept it.

Regardless of whether I edit or not, the post-processing applications do not accept the file. I get error messages like "formatting error at xxx epoch" or "next time tag not where expected".

Help?!
Rinex.png
editrinex.png
2019-9-15
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>

These are RINEX files from the DRTK-2, or P4RTK? Either way I'm not surprised that they don't play nice with industry standard software and services, we're talking about DJI after all.

ETA maybe the new firmware will fix this...
2019-9-16
Use props
LYVFD8142
Second Officer

patiam Posted at 9-16 08:17
These are RINEX files from the DRTK-2, or P4RTK? Either way I'm not surprised that they don't play nice with industry standard software and services, we're talking about DJI after all.

ETA maybe thenew firmware will fix this...

D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station can now be used as an RTK rover.

Are we going to be that lucky?
2019-9-16
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>

LYVFD8142 Posted at 9-16 08:32
D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station can now be used as an RTK rover.

Are we going to be that lucky?

LOL that's what it says, but I'll believe it when I see it myself or somebody reports back that they got it to work!
2019-9-16
Use props
Arm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136335 ft

Hello to all
Who knows what the new PPKRAW.sig file?
It appeared after the update.
Thank.

2019-9-27
Use props
TedHutcheson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276168 ft

patiam Posted at 9-16 10:06
LOL that's what it says, but I'll believe it when I see it myself or somebody reports back that they got it to work!

To say that everyone has been waiting on this is probably an understatement honestly.  It's almost the sole purpose I bought into the system to begin with.  I knew "eventually" these features would be released.  Accuracy is a bit skeptical, processing the RINEX files to survey grade seems to be a bit skeptical yet, but, there are tutorials out there to help with this and apparently they're having success.  Klau etc. seems to have a reliable PPK system, for 3K that is, but, it's the industry in which we work, not everything will be free or open source, or if it is, it won't be for much longer.  Eventually people want to make money :-)

At the moment the mobile holder is still not shipped with the unit (which it should be if you asked me), and my feeling is they'll adapt a version of DJI Terra to work with the D-RTK2 unit so that you can do your ground control etc....  just a suspicion, but I could see it happening.  Then you can import that file into the aircraft or link up the aircraft using the mobile station and have those base points used during the flight perhaps for either RTK or PPK purposes.

Only time will tell, it's been 11 months since the release of the unit.  Mine just arrived last week...initial connection was a mess, kept saying the firmware was not correct on both the aircraft and DRTK, but after setting it all up and checking the specs in the APP, both were reporting the newest firmware despite the Android interface to tell me so.  DJI DS was connected as it should be, all green lights.
2019-9-29
Use props
Hurricane323
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Arm Posted at 9-27 03:48
Hello to all
Who knows what the new PPKRAW.sig file?
It appeared after the update.

I don't know but my PPKRAW.BIN file showing 0KB. Is that normal?
2019-10-17
Use props
Arm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136335 ft

Armenia

Hurricane323 Posted at 10-17 21:25
I don't know but my PPKRAW.BIN file showing 0KB. Is that normal?

No, that is not normal. It must be more than 0 bytes.
2019-10-23
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.1
United States

I tried processing the "RINEX" file on OPUS as well, but it just returned a format error.  I'm not sure how to do it.... Is the Rinex file the data from the RTK-2 Base that is on the card in the P4 RTK?  Or are there additional files that can be downloaded from the RTK-2 itself?
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_lXy7NUq0Jiio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3543 ft
United States

ARMeyer Posted at 11-23 20:21
I tried processing the "RINEX" file on OPUS as well, but it just returned a format error.  I'm not sure how to do it.... Is the Rinex file the data from the RTK-2 Base that is on the card in the P4 RTK?  Or are there additional files that can be downloaded from the RTK-2 itself?

Our routine when flying the P4 RTK is to use a base station that lets you extract the Rinex file(Not DJI's Base). Then fly the drone using GNSS only, no need for RTK. We use Effigis EZSURV software to import both the Base and P4 RTK rinex files and run post processing. After post processing is finished, they have implemented an export feature which will read in the antenna offset of each photo (MRK) file then export the XYZ photo centers of the post processed results. Works like charm. Hope this helps.
2019-11-26
Use props
tinin77hotmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16039413 ft
  • >>>
Panama

Hi dear friends, You have an app or form to convert the RTCM (dat) format of the DRTK2 base to Rinex?? for make post process
Thanks
2020-3-27
Use props
Goose 2000
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Did you have any luck fixing this? We are having the same problem and its causing us major headaches using PPK with the M210rtk v 2
2020-10-2
Use props
ebennb
lvl.1

United States

Any advances on solving this by anybody??
2021-9-16
Use props
Alex__
lvl.1

Switzerland

So in general the RINEX files from the P4 RTK are generated internally on the drone by RTKCONV (version 2.4.3 b29). So any post-processing service that has issues with this format will also have issues with RINEX files from the P4 RTK.

In some cases the solution can be rather easy though. You need to load the .obs file into RTKCONV (newest version is b34) and then you can adjust the conversion settings. The most basic RINEX file for example should not contain any satellites other than GPS, also the frequency of observations can be an issue. Both can be adjusted using RTKCONV and then post-processing using e.g. NRCAN works nicely.
2021-11-13
Use props
Ergun
lvl.1

Turkey

Greetings, I can't open a topic, can anyone help me with the following issue?

It does not save the coordinates of the photos even though I measure as Fix.

The measurement end shows "none" in the "Photo FLAG Classification" report.

How can I fix it?

2021-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules