M2P: No gimbal yaw follow?
2616 12 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

The gimbal yaw on my M2P doesn't seem to follow when in the air, only when holding by hand. So when flying the camera yaw (pan) abruptly starts and stops. Expo and gain adjustments don't really help, the camera's yaw is fixed to the aircraft.
Using CS and Go 4.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
2019-9-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

What mode are you in FPV or follow ?
2019-9-15
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

I've tried both but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I thought one had more to do with the pitch, one would pitch the camera with the aircraft, the other would keep it level?
2019-9-15
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

Can you post a video recorded while this occurs? That might help us to better understand what you're describing and to suggest other possible solutions.
2019-9-15
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

I will but it might take me a day.  TIA.  
2019-9-15
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1865751 ft

I know what you mean, it's the same with M2P.
With the MP1 there was an option to let the gimbal run with the yaw. (Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow)
I wish that option were also present with the MP2, it really helped for a smooth motion in the video.
It was a setting in the Go 4 app.
Maybe DJI can add it again in this drone.

The setting is mentioned in this video:   (5m:16s)

2019-9-16
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

Here's a link to a 30 sec. video (I hope it works for you!): https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hbmdy ... HB-rf22.00.mp4?dl=0

The first part is hand holding, the drone is turned on. Maybe my hand movements are a little faster than flying but it shows the gimbal movement that I'm expecting to get. The yaw of the camera isn't fixed to the drone. The second part Is flying in cinematic mode I think, but it doesn't matter, it does the same thing in normal mode too. The yaw of the camera IS fixed to the drone when flying.

BTW I finally found out the difference in FPV and Follow modes. in FPV he camera roll is fixed to the drone but pitch is still level or wherever it's set by the wheel. Neither one affect the yaw. Didn't notice the roll before because I was only yawing the drone, I wasn't flying around.
2019-9-16
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

Yes Vliegende, that's what I'm talking about and I saw that video also. I too had it with my P4P but not with the M2P. The setting just isn't there in Go 4. I did discover the pan with finger on screen feature, but what the heck is that good for? Maybe a second operator...? I just don't understand why the camera yaw works the way it should (the way I want) when hand holding but not when flying! I just posted a video of that above.
You haven't found a fix for this either? It's just too hard to get a smooth pan start and stop without it. The pitch can be smoothed to an extreme, why did they do away with the pan?
2019-9-16
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

After a lengthy chat with support I should hear something back in 48 hours. I'll try and keep this updated.
2019-9-16
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

I received this from DJI yesterday:

Please be advised that we're waiting for an update from our engineers about the issue with the gimbal of your Mavic 2 Pro. We'll send you an email once we hear feedback from them and if they need more information from you.

So they know about it and seems they admit there's an issue, which is half the battle! If someone else would talk to DJI about this it may get them moving faster.
2019-9-18
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1865751 ft

Thanks for the update.
2019-9-18
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

Well... here's the latest from DJI. Do you think they understand the problem?

This is Daniel from DJI Technical Support.
We already received an update from our engineers about the issue with the gimbal of your Mavic 2 Pro.
As they advised, it's normal, when the drone was not took-off, there is no control of the gimbal following the direction of the drone.
Thank you for choosing DJI products.

2019-9-23
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

If anyone from DJI cares, here are two screen shots from my Crystalsky. One with the P4P showing the Gimbal Yaw Synchronous Follow setting, the other screenshot shows that the setting doesn't exist for the M2P. How am I supposed to get smooth video? What am I missing? It doesn't even smooth out the yaw movements when in Cinematic mode.

2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules