Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Proper procedure when connecting Mavic Air to PC
5823 10 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_danilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275646 ft

I couldn't find description of advised procedure when connecting Mavic Air to PC in order to transfer videos. Can anyone of DJI staff write down steps to perform when doing this. Some of the things I'm wandering about are:
Should it be unfolded?
Should the gimbal protector be removed?
Should it be powered on before connecting it to PC or after?

It would be nice to add this procedure to the next update of official users manual PDF.

Cheers!

2019-9-15
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

You don't need to unfold the legs, but yes, you definitely should remove the gimbal cover. It can be powered on or off before physically connecting it to the computer, but of course must be powered on to actually access it from the computer.
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that as of the time being, we don't have official documents when transferring the file from your Mavic Air to the computer. It's not necessary to unfold the arms of the aircraft while on the process. The gimbal protector should be always removed prior to turn on the aircraft to avoid problem. The aircraft should be turned on for your computer to detect the drone. Moreover, we will forward your idea to our designated department for attention. Appreciate your feedback to us! Thank you for continued support.
2019-9-15
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft

Mimmick actual flight with usbC into pc as follows:
DevicesBothDeenergizedCabled
Power on win10
Stabilize
StartAss2
Stabilize
PowerupDeviceAlreadyCabled
DroneDetected?
2019-9-15
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4

cutis Posted at 9-15 17:06
Mimmick actual flight with usbC into pc as follows:
DevicesBothDeenergizedCabled
Power on win10

You mentioned Assistant 2 just to make an example or do you actually use software, somehow, to transfer files?

Thank you Tony, I'm glad I can help!

2019-9-16
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft

You don't need assistant 2 to transfer files. it should come up in file manager
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

_danilo Posted at 9-16 11:11
You mentioned Assistant 2 just to make an example or do you actually use software, somehow, to transfer files?

You're most welcome! Should you have further concerns, please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-17
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft

I find it much easier just to take out the SD card and use an SD adapter with my lap top.
2019-9-19
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4

Scotty Shep Posted at 9-19 06:31
I find it much easier just to take out the SD card and use an SD adapter with my lap top.

Might be easyer for some people for sure, but still, that's not what I asked ;)
2019-9-19
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft

You waste energy & your time offloading cabled drone 4k embedded data into hdd
Drone is burning your battery longevity cycles energized
You understand why drone has friendly sdcard slot
You understand win10 transfers faster by direct insertion the sdcard into win10 receptacle
You understand the bussing advantage of transferral using win10 sdcard receptacle
2019-9-22
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4

You've got some points there, but as I said, it's easier for some people, you included, for some other it isn't.

Drone is burning your battery longevity cycles energized
This is probably the most valid point you have made here!

As for the others:
- card slot on MA is not friendly at all, at least not without modifications (tape)
- I use Linux mostly
- I need SD adapter if I'm downloading on laptop and dedicated card reader if I'm downloading on PC...or I just connect to cable and power on the aircraft, no tedious card removal process
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules