New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.09.16)
50410 191 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft

DanielVieira Posted at 9-16 07:04
No love for SC users....

SC version is 4.3.16 which is reported as 'latest' version. I ran the update as requested from DJIGo4 and had to update the batteries one at a time too. But now I read v 4.3.24 is required for the new battery functionality.  So I'm guessing I'll have to go over the whole rigmarole in a few weeks time...perhaps at a flight critical juncture....when 4.3.24 is ready for the SC.

My question is: why on earth do SC users (and presumably Crystal Sky users too) who have paid a premium to use DJI hardware, have to update twice?  
2019-9-18
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft

And why do we have to wait
2019-9-18
Use props
Happy entertainment
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113963 ft

What does it mean that altitude will be in video anyone know?
2019-9-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

It's for Video Captions which is a GO4 app setting in the camera settings. Captions are are captured in an .srt (subtitle) file during recording and include some camera / lens settings, frame counter, date, time and now, according to this firmware update, the information includes altitude. The caption displays over the picture on playback and it can be turned on or off, unlike the old 'burned in' info captions but the video player needs the ability to do this. VLC on a Mac is apparently capable. I never use it but it's useful for survey or technical work.
2019-9-18
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 9-18 07:45
SC version is 4.3.16 which is reported as 'latest' version. I ran the update as requested from DJIGo4 and had to update the batteries one at a time too. But now I read v 4.3.24 is required for the new battery functionality.  So I'm guessing I'll have to go over the whole rigmarole in a few weeks time...perhaps at a flight critical juncture....when 4.3.24 is ready for the SC.

My question is: why on earth do SC users (and presumably Crystal Sky users too) who have paid a premium to use DJI hardware, have to update twice?

SC and Crystal Sky users should be the first or at least get the up date at the same time since we paid a premium for the hardware!!!
2019-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 9-18 07:45
SC version is 4.3.16 which is reported as 'latest' version. I ran the update as requested from DJIGo4 and had to update the batteries one at a time too. But now I read v 4.3.24 is required for the new battery functionality.  So I'm guessing I'll have to go over the whole rigmarole in a few weeks time...perhaps at a flight critical juncture....when 4.3.24 is ready for the SC.

My question is: why on earth do SC users (and presumably Crystal Sky users too) who have paid a premium to use DJI hardware, have to update twice?

It’s a bit disappointing as when SRC was released it was promised that users would not have to wait for SW updates, I think it’s time for moderators to give some answers to those using SRC as their number 1 option of flying .
2019-9-18
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft

Happy entertainment Posted at 9-18 08:09
What does it mean that altitude will be in video anyone know?

I think it is a translation error from Chinese to English...Better get the original transcript in Chinese and place it in google for translation..
2019-9-18
Use props
S.J
Second Officer

djl61 Posted at 9-18 09:47
SC and Crystal Sky users should be the first or at least get the up date at the same time since we paid a premium for the hardware!!!

I hope anyone out here realize the silly conclusions we have made by valuing DJI as a premium product !!  
Time to look at other brands ...
2019-9-18
Use props
ctaranto
lvl.2

Seems like I'm in the minority - I am pretty excited about this update.   I updated my M2Z, standard controller, and batteries last night using the Android tablet I use during flying.  In all, less than 30 minutes.  No hangs or issues.  Looking forward to testing Waypoints 2.0 this weekend.
2019-9-18
Use props
C Swift
New

Hello everyone,
I am looking to move into the drone market with my company but I have a lot of concerns about the way DJI approach there software and hardware updates. I have been looking through the old forums and see that the Geotagging problems have been ongoing for a few years now. How confident are users in the current DJI systems and would you recommend the Mavis products (pro 2/enterprise) or would you recommend other hardware? The phantom 4 is also under the current scope but would very much appreciate all thoughts on the matter as a newbie.
The drones will essentially be used for aerial imaging, photogrammetry and maybe 3D mapping within the Civil Engineering market, but would like to consider the product not becoming obsolete.

Thank you for the anticipated help.
2019-9-18
Use props
fermibach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114869 ft

Hi there, I just updated my M2P (Chinese version) through DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 app with Iphone 7 Plus iOS 12.4.1. Everything gone well, first updated the AC, then after the RC (not SC), both took about 10 minutes and neither of them got stuck at anytime, at any percentage. I could see the AC restart 3 times during the update process, RC didnt restart. Then after, I changed the battery and turned on the drone, I thought that at this time some message would appear to update/sync with the new battery, but nothing happened, the AC just turned on as usual, so the only thing I did with the other batteries was change the "time to discharge"to 5 days.
Curious to check how the AC would detect the bad battery mounting, I made a test and what I could find is that the AC actually didnt recognize that the battery was badly mounted and it turned on normally and was ready to fly/take off. I just placed the battery without hearing any of the "clicks".
Below you can find the photos.
If Im making something wrong, please let me know.
Thanks
2019-9-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

fermibach Posted at 9-18 18:02
Hi there, I just updated my M2P (Chinese version) through DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 app with Iphone 7 Plus iOS 12.4.1. Everything gone well, first updated the AC, then after the RC (not SC), both took about 10 minutes and neither of them got stuck at anytime, at any percentage. I could see the AC restart 3 times during the update process, RC didnt restart. Then after, I changed the battery and turned on the drone, I thought that at this time some message would appear to update/sync with the new battery, but nothing happened, the AC just turned on as usual, so the only thing I did with the other batteries was change the "time to discharge"to 5 days.
Curious to check how the AC would detect the bad battery mounting, I made a test and what I could find is that the AC actually didnt recognize that the battery was badly mounted and it turned on normally and was ready to fly/take off. I just placed the battery without hearing any of the "clicks".
Below you can find the photos.

I had mine click but I had a battery warning one time, before the update.  I landed and it click click when I pressed it.  Before it was indeed on enough though.

It was saying it wasn't sure if the battery was mounted correctly.  After that, I think it said something else, all while I was going vertical.

The warning comes on I think after you start going vertical.  Not while sitting w/ no power-up.

It's interesting how they made note of it in the update. Now everyone is checking.  This already existed Before this update.
2019-9-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 9-18 10:29
I hope anyone out here realize the silly conclusions we have made by valuing DJI as a premium product !!  
Time to look at other brands ...

At this price point, I don't think anything is better.  The new Skydio 2 pictures that I got in an e-mail look not so great.  Blurring towards the outsides.

We would all super benefit if all the drone companies merged into one but the way the business hierarchy is set up, it obviously would never happen.

We need supreme reliability before anything.  When you are super high in the air, if anything goes wrong you are f* ed.  It makes it interesting and increasing confidence when everything works smoothly.  Touching down clean after getting what you need to get is like, yes, I did it again.
2019-9-18
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 9-18 10:25
I think it is a translation error from Chinese to English...Better get the original transcript in Chinese and place it in google for translation..

No, it is not a translation problem. With the new firmware, the current altitude is also written into the captions file (SRT) in addition to the other information that was already there (such as exposure details/etc).
2019-9-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

This thread of some 90+ posts now is notable for the total absence of any response from DJI. In my case some feedback on the following would be appreciated:

1   Is the M2 aircraft firmware update v01.00.0510 safe to install on an an M2P operated by a Smart Controller with the older GO4 app v4.3.16 installed?

2   When can Smart Controller users expect to update their GO4 app to v4.3.24 to take advantage of the battery connection and maintenance features of the firmware update?

DJI...?
2019-9-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-18 19:19
No, it is not a translation problem. With the new firmware, the current altitude is also written into the captions file (SRT) in addition to the other information that was already there (such as exposure details/etc).

The metadata?  So those who break the 400ft altitude limits would pretty much self-convict themselves?
2019-9-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 9-18 06:13
How do you upgrade the batteries ?  !!

Swap batteries and restart the app and it should prompt you when it connects, usually says inconsistent firmware found.
2019-9-19
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft

I was really looking forward to this update thinking it would fix the Waypoints POI bug they created in the last update.  WRONG

They claim they improved Waypoints but this feature (which I used a lot) is still broken.  Come on DJI - really?
2019-9-19
Use props
S.J
Second Officer

that's just great....DJI doesn't do their software in house.
2019-9-19
Use props
ctaranto
lvl.2

Chumley Posted at 9-19 01:27
I was really looking forward to this update thinking it would fix the Waypoints POI bug they created in the last update.  WRONG

They claim they improved Waypoints but this feature (which I used a lot) is still broken.  Come on DJI - really?

Can you show a small clip showing the firmware update didn't help the jerkiness of Waypoints?  There are other videos showing pretty big improvements and virtually eliminating jerky footage.
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

ctaranto Posted at 9-19 04:28
Can you show a small clip showing the firmware update didn't help the jerkiness of Waypoints?  There are other videos showing pretty big improvements and virtually eliminating jerky footage.

It is not a matter of jerkiness, but  keeping the poi centered
2019-9-19
Use props
ctaranto
lvl.2

DrohneSG Posted at 9-19 05:04

Ah.  The comment was explicit about that aspect of Waypoints and POI centering.

Is the POI centering during Waypoints significantly worse than regular Point of Interest mode?

I plan on going out this weekend to test things out.
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

ctaranto Posted at 9-19 05:53
Ah.  The comment was explicit about that aspect of Waypoints and POI centering.

Is the POI centering during Waypoints significantly worse than regular Point of Interest mode?

I would absolutely prefer the regular point of interest mode for a single poi.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198410

2019-9-19
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

fans8b803c8d Posted at 9-18 20:07
This thread of some 90+ posts now is notable for the total absence of any response from DJI. In my case some feedback on the following would be appreciated:

1   Is the M2 aircraft firmware update v01.00.0510 safe to install on an an M2P operated by a Smart Controller with the older GO4 app v4.3.16 installed?

I asked the same question about the SC and so far no response..
2019-9-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

DrohneSG Posted at 9-19 05:04

Cough... Litchi... cough...
2019-9-19
Use props
ctaranto
lvl.2

DrohneSG Posted at 9-19 06:03
I would absolutely prefer the regular point of interest mode for a single poi.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198410

I see what you mean (outside of half your video being a black screen when viewed inline and directly on youtube), but I will hold judgment until I test it myself.  I found in the past that Waypoints occasionally freak out and resetting the drone and/or waypoint config resolves some weirdness.

2019-9-19
Use props
ctaranto
lvl.2

Oracle Miata Posted at 9-19 07:10
Cough... Litchi... cough...

If Litchi resolves the POI issue, wouldn't that indiate it's not a firmware problem but a DJI GO problem.
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

ctaranto Posted at 9-19 09:04
I see what you mean (outside of half your video being a black screen when viewed inline and directly on youtube), but I will hold judgment until I test it myself.  I found in the past that Waypoints occasionally freak out and resetting the drone and/or waypoint config resolves some weirdness.

Sorry for the black parts. It was a rendering error. Vid will be replaced  in about one hour.
2019-9-19
Use props
ctaranto
lvl.2

DrohneSG Posted at 9-19 09:39
Sorry for the black parts. It was a rendering error. Vid will be replaced  in about one hour.

Additionally, the video indicates you are running 4.3.14 of the DJI GO app.  The requirements in the first post of this thread say 4.3.24 is the minimum required version.

Typo in the video, or are you running an older DJI GO app?
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

ctaranto Posted at 9-19 09:48
Additionally, the video indicates you are running 4.3.14 of the DJI GO app.  The requirements in the first post of this thread say 4.3.24 is the minimum required version.

Typo in the video, or are you running an older DJI GO app?

Of course it is 4.3.24 - typo - to much hurry with the vid
edit: new version uploaded, no more black parts - but still the typo
2019-9-19
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft

Are DJI on holiday??? FFS Answer some questions !!!!
2019-9-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft

Updated via DJI GO 4 iPad Pro 10.5...  took 15 minutes & 3 reboots of Mavic, then “update complete” while I ate a sandwich
2019-9-19
Use props
DeadlyRaptor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6032041 ft
  • >>>

Gaileo update please to all your quads . It is possible on Mavic Pro , Spark , Mavic 2 , Phantom  etc and gives possibly of 27-28 satellite tacking in Europe and accuracy of around 1m or less .PLEASE add course lock it is missing on Mavic 2 ( only on hyperlapse mode) . It’s a great mode and should be possible to enable all round obstacle detection in that as you only moving along in one direction .
2019-9-19
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I upgraded both my M2P and M2Z, went fairly smooth except for 2 of my 8 batteries. They both failed, hit retry several times with no luck. I even power cycled the drone, the remote and the iPad mini 4.  I ended up connecting the drone to Assistant 2 and doing a refresh. That seems to have fixed it.
2019-9-19
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

AntDX316 Posted at 9-18 21:27
The metadata?  So those who break the 400ft altitude limits would pretty much self-convict themselves?

Yes, also my first reaction to this. What dji is doing with this data, are they obligated to giveaway data from their users to authorities etc?
But more than that i would like to know if drone will be locked to that max height, similiar as for no-go zones etc?
Now, i'm not person who would go out and do stupid things, i know regulations are must (to some logical amount, since this things are getting little out of control, imo), i fly responsible etc, but company should be honest about this things and let their users know about what exactly all this new changes in updates etc means in regular use, on and off the sky, since all your data is stored on their cloud service, gathered from flight controllers etc.
And my last wish, if dji is listening:
Why not address via updates simple addition, as for example adding (digital) zoom feature on m2p, since we already have 2 options to choose, zoom wise. Just add option, so we can program one button to cycle between this two modes, without restarting things etc (so i could be done while filming in the sky etc).
thnx
2019-9-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

The .SRT data is saved on the SD card and doesnt go to DJI.   Its handy for people doing surveys amongst other things.

DJI also only get your flight logs if you agree and submit them.
2019-9-20
Use props
dimismc
lvl.1

The GPS signal of mobile device for RTH is weak again the same issue on iOS and android  devices (The problem is not appeared on smart controler) Is something wrong ?
2019-9-20
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 9-17 09:36
yes all the batteries need to be updated ,
IMU= did not pop up any message but no harm to recalib

I allways calibrate IMU, sensors and compass after a firmware update.   

ACHTUNG !!  DANGER !!
RTH altitute is back to 30m.
2019-9-20
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
  • >>>

ctaranto Posted at 9-18 12:49
Seems like I'm in the minority - I am pretty excited about this update.   I updated my M2Z, standard controller, and batteries last night using the Android tablet I use during flying.  In all, less than 30 minutes.  No hangs or issues.  Looking forward to testing Waypoints 2.0 this weekend.

Same to me.  No probem at all. Hoping the rain stops to test if waypoints is really smooth now.
2019-9-20
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
  • >>>

SupCarlos Posted at 9-16 07:34
can someone explain these two bullets?

Added altitude display to video captions.

Now the altitute appears on the subtitles SRT file.  
Auto discharging default was 10 days. Now you can configure it to 1 till 10 days.  I suggest 3 days, but don´t trust this feature.  The best method to preserve your batteries is charge till the 3rd light begins to blink. Then the charge would be 50%.  The manual recomend storage between 40%~60%
2019-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules