Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom 4 RTK Firmware Released(09/16/2019)
7820 14 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.09.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0011
  • Remote Controller Firmware: Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0014
  • Phantom 4 RTK (SDK) Remote Controller: v02.02.0011
  • D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Firmware: v02.02.0012
  • DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.0
  • DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.7
  • DJI Assistant 2 For MG: v2.0.13

What’s New?
  • Added a Block Segmentation function to divide large mapping areas into multiple missions that can be executed using single aircraft or multi aircraft in Multi-Aircraft Control mode.
  • Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy.
  • Added multiple flight modes (for Japan only). When enabled in the aircraft settings in the app, users can switch the flight mode using the flight mode switch on the remote controller. The P and F positions on the remote controller are for P-mode, and the A position is for A-mode.
  • D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station can now be used as an RTK rover.
  • Added Cloud PPK Service to provide high precision positioning computation (for Europe only, Russia excluded). Users can upload satellite observations files and raw PPK files to the cloud server for post processing and view the results of the PPK calculation.
  • Added aircraft altitude comparison in Multi-Aircraft Control mode to optimize obstacle sensing among multiple aircraft. When the altitude difference between aircraft is more than 5 m, criss-cross flight is supported.
  • Added a data copy function to the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station. Connect the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station to the computer to copy the PPK data directly.
  • Optimized Waypoint operations. When RTK is enabled and it is working properly, users can choose to perform missions using an absolute altitude. Users can select between absolute altitude and relative altitude when starting the mission.
  • Optimized UI for Terrain Awareness mode.
  • Adjusted the restricted zones for country borders to improve the accuracy of the flight limits.
  • Fixed the issue where the Network RTK was unstable in some regions when using a Huawei dongle.
  • Fixed the issue where new firmware could not be downloaded in the DJI GS RTK app. When using an old version of the app, this issue can be fixed by: going to the main screen, tapping Menu, then Settings, Apply to All, Explorer, Internal Memory, and entering the path DJI\firm to delete the old firmware file.

Notes:
  • After updating this firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller, the remote controller can only be used with the Phantom 4 RTK aircraft.
  • The firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station can only be updated using the DJI GS RTK app.
  • Make sure that the firmware for the aircraft, remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is all up-to-date. Otherwise, they will not work together.
  • Using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v1.2.0. is not recommended, as some functions will not work properly.

2019-9-16
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>

Why is this posted in Pro Systems only and not the P4RTK forum as well?
2019-9-16
Use props
nota1980
lvl.1

I can't update the RC. He gives me the following message: up to 3 firmware can be dowlond. please return to the list page and deleted unwanted.
I go back to the firmware list and only the current one appears, and it doesn't let me delete it. How can I install it?
2019-9-16
Use props
Permafrost UAV
lvl.1

Hi,

After this update, it is impossible to see the satellite image on the background during the terrain awareness mode planning. I only see the DSM file but I can't change to satellite image (mapbox) background. Now, the terrain awareness mode is quite useless without the images during planning mission. It was working quite nicely before the update.

screenshot

screenshot
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_CHh1MVp5Vl7j
lvl.1

Permafrost UAV Posted at 9-17 07:15
Hi,

After this update, it is impossible to see the satellite image on the background during the terrain awareness mode planning. I only see the DSM file but I can't change to satellite image (mapbox) background. Now, the terrain awareness mode is quite useless without the images during planning mission. It was working quite nicely before the update.

I do get the sense that the product managers and software guys don't actually use their own product. Some of the errors are so obvious when you try to use it. Likewise if I'm in a locked area and get the cleareance, clear the partially transparent yellow haze so I can actually see what I'm doing outside.
2019-9-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>

djiuser_CHh1MVp5Vl7j Posted at 9-17 08:04
I do get the sense that the product managers and software guys don't actually use their own product. Some of the errors are so obvious when you try to use it. Likewise if I'm in a locked area and get the cleareance, clear the partially transparent yellow haze so I can actually see what I'm doing outside.

Standard issue for DJI software.
2019-9-17
Use props
Laurentr2008
lvl.2
Flight distance : 959606 ft

Hi,
I tested the rover in mode 3 (hand over) and I have an error of almost 3 m (in X and Y) .... ??
The conditions are excellent (KP1) and 21 satellites and the rover was perfectly stable.
Did you have the same problem?
Cordially
Laurent
2019-9-22
Use props
DBOSKO
lvl.1

The aircraft and RC updated but I get no prompt to update the base station. Is there something special I need to do?
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft

Permafrost UAV Posted at 9-17 07:15
Hi,

After this update, it is impossible to see the satellite image on the background during the terrain awareness mode planning. I only see the DSM file but I can't change to satellite image (mapbox) background. Now, the terrain awareness mode is quite useless without the images during planning mission. It was working quite nicely before the update.

Seeing the DSM is an improvement in areas where the satellite imagery is so out of date that it is useless.

Simple solution is to be able to toggle the DSM image on/off.  That will be beneficial for both scenarios.

Cheers.
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft

Laurentr2008 Posted at 9-22 08:39
Hi,
I tested the rover in mode 3 (hand over) and I have an error of almost 3 m (in X and Y) .... ??
The conditions are excellent (KP1) and 21 satellites and the rover was perfectly stable.

Hey Laurent,

The rover itself will not be accurate without being run off a CORS network or an additional base station set up over a known control point.

If you are just getting the stand alone positioning from the Rover without a base station, I would expect those kind of areas.

Surveying 101
2019-9-26
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>

Seconding what DJI4Survey said-  @Laurent you need to connect to an NTRIP provider or a 2nd base station on a known point to receive corrections on your rover D-RTK 2, if you want RTK performance.
2019-9-27
Use props
Laurentr2008
lvl.2
Flight distance : 959606 ft

Hey DJI4survey and Patiam,

Thank you for your clarification !!!
I will mostly work with known points, and use the base RTK2 mode 2, the tests that I have already done, I reach a precision of 1 to 2 cm (X and Y) in this mode. (About 5 cm without known point).
Greetings from France .....;)
2019-9-27
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi there,

last week I was able to upgrade the D-RTK2 Mobile Station Firmware from version v02.02.0012 to v02.02.0014. In the next days I will test the new features described in the "PHANTOM 4 RTK Release Notes" document. ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20190916.pdf )

I did the firmware upgrade using the DJI GS RTK app, because DJI Assistant 2 (v.2.0.8) is only able to upgrade up to v02.02.0012.

The procedure to follow is the same (with the appropriate changes) to upgrade the firmware of the aircraft and of the remote controller described into the "Phantom_4_RTK_User_Manual_v1.4__EN" (page 68 - Upgrading the Firmware).

1. Power on the remote controller and the D-RTK2. Ensure that the remote controller has access to the Internet.
2. Connect the USB-C port on the remote controller to the USB-C port on the D-RTK2 via a USB-C OTG cable and a Micro USB cable.
3. There will be a prompt (Device Firmware) on the lower right corner in the DJI GS RTK app if there is new firmware. Tap the text to enter firmware page.
4. Tap the Check button.
5. Under "D-RTK 2 Mobile Station" tap Update to enter firmware information page and follow instructions to download and install the update.
6. After successfully completing the update, restart the remote controller and and the D-RTK2 manually.

Good upgrade to everybody !

Maurizio
2019-10-31
Use props
Murat21
lvl.1

Turkey

Son güncellemeden sonra kamera optimizasyonu ile ilgili bir sorun fark ettim.
Bir NTRIP ağına bağlı olmama rağmen, gcp ve kontrol noktalarım başarısız oluyor.
2019-11-18
Use props
Murat21
lvl.1

Turkey

Murat21 Posted at 11-18 22:46
Son güncellemeden sonra kamera optimizasyonu ile ilgili bir sorun fark ettim.
Bir NTRIP ağına bağlı olmama rağmen, gcp ve kontrol noktalarım başarısız oluyor.

After the last update, I noticed a problem with camera optimization.
Although I am connected to an NTRIP network, my gcp and checkpoints are failing.
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules