Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
!! FW Update STUCK at 75% NEW MAVIC 2 PRO !!
5556 12 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5384334 ft

!! Please  Help !!

I have been owning a P4P for years and i am very happy with it .
4 Days ago i purchased a Brand New Mavic 2 PRO  as it 's a bit smaller than my P4P  to  carry around while traveling .

I have unboxed it , and got all the preps for its first fly ( charged  up and all )
i couldn' t fly as it required ... Firmware update ( N F Z and  Bird Firmware )
i did a Firmware update who froze at 75%  ..
i have not been able to do anything since then .
when powering the drone like i am ready to fly , it won 't connect to the remote control , and the LINKAGE is not working , impossible to pair the RC and the AC .

i did  30 attempts since Saturday to upgrade / re upgrade , using MAC and PC witht the latest DJI Assistant 2 for M2 Pro .. but same issue on both platfoms ( Mac & PC )

i am ready to return it to the Dji store tomorrow
anyone had the same issue ?

regards

2019-9-16
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4

Hello
I saw the new Firmware release (V01.00.0510 )  and gave it another attempt
it failed again , with this time , a network error as seen like on another post .

2019-9-16
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4

2019-9-16
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4

6th attempt failure of the evening

2019-9-16
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

under normal condition , update process shouldn't be frozen during the update and in your case , stacking particularly at 75% means some files could not be processed at that point.
Could be stupid  questions but
1) do you have flawless internet connection?
2) Does your USB C cable has firm connection to the USB port and M2P type c connection ( try to use another cable to link your M2P to PC )
3) Some  Antivirus program could block the update,  try to disable Windows or Mac antivirus program during the update
4)Try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI assistant then retry to update.
5) My understanding you tried already downgrade, am I right?  if not downgrade the earlier version and then upgrade again,
6) if neither of the above option helps,  as you are planning,  could be the easiest solution  to return and replace with new one
Good luck mate
2019-9-17
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4

akozc Posted at 9-17 07:24
under normal condition , update process shouldn't be frozen during the update and in your case , stacking particularly at 75% means some files could not be processed at that point.

Thank you for your comment , took the drone back to the DJi store, they tried for 3 hours to upgrade/ downgrade , and they gave up , they replaced the drone , the new one is up and  flying .
2019-9-17
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4

akozc Posted at 9-17 07:24

I am still going to address point by point comments just in case someone else is running  the same conditions as I had :

YES , Fiber optic from work , tried from home same issues
2) Does your USB C cable has firm connection to the USB port and M2P type c connection ( try to use another cable to link your M2P to PC )
I used the one from the box a couple fo times and all others attempt were using the one from my GO Pro

3) Some  Antivirus program could block the update,  try to disable Windows or Mac antivirus program during the update
No anti virus on both dedicated computer for those tasks

4)Try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI assistant then retry to update.
Done it 5 times in 3 days on both MAC and PC .

5) My understanding you tried already downgrade, am I right?  if not downgrade the earlier version and then upgrade again,
Yes , DJi techs retried everything from scratch and they  gave me a new bird after 3  hours of trying .
2019-9-17
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 9-17 08:53
I am still going to address point by point comments just in case someone else is running  the same conditions as I had :

Great news at least
2019-9-17
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4

akozc Posted at 9-17 09:22
Great news at least

Hey , yes super news
I tested the new bird this morning and had a great flight ( no updates ran tough, despite the bird asking for all kind of updates .

2019-9-18
Use props
Flycaster
Captain

The best way to save yourself from the "nagging" of updates (you don't have to do them) is make sure you are not connected in any way to the net.
Airplane mode, wifi off, data off.
Once you have a stable setup, leave it alone...
I have not updated anything on my Mav Gen I since I cracked the boxes open over 2 years ago ( and no "hobbling" updates), no NFZ stuff (I check that myself), no range limitation/decreases, no nagging quizes etc.
Not one hiccup.
Period.
2019-9-18
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.4

Flycaster Posted at 9-18 10:17
The best way to save yourself from the "nagging" of updates (you don't have to do them) is make sure you are not connected in any way to the net.
Airplane mode, wifi off, data off.
Once you have a stable setup, leave it alone...

I agree , that 's how I run my P4P , stable for the past 3 years now .
2019-10-8
Use props
Thomas Bouchereau
lvl.1
United States

I’ve had the same problem and just stopped using that drone for the past few years. Only option DJI gives is to send in the drone which I don’t know how to do that safely to make sure the drone makes it there in damaged. It was a software update that rendered it a brick not allowing the remote to connect to the drone. I’ve been quite annoyed with it after spending so much on it
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thomas Bouchereau Posted at 12-13 16:39
I’ve had the same problem and just stopped using that drone for the past few years. Only option DJI gives is to send in the drone which I don’t know how to do that safely to make sure the drone makes it there in damaged. It was a software update that rendered it a brick not allowing the remote to connect to the drone. I’ve been quite annoyed with it after spending so much on it

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. May we know what error are you getting from your remote? Thank you very much.
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules