Nice Update
2128 8 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Updated a Mavic 2 Pro to 01.00.0510 through the DJI GO 4 app and got 4 x ESC error after it finished. Fun Stuff.
2019-9-17
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>

LMAO, the drone is fine it's the battery that is faulty, No idea how a firmware update does this, but the battery powers the drone like normal, except it gives it ESC error x4 and when you shutdown the battery, the drone powers off and then powers back up, except the battery LEDS don't light up, only the drones do. After a period of about 5-10 minutes like this the battery gets really hot, so i unplugged it, during the time it was powered i could connect to the drone like nothing was wrong, it just showed ESC error x 4.
2019-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Ben Mason Posted at 9-17 03:34
LMAO, the drone is fine it's the battery that is faulty, No idea how a firmware update does this, but the battery powers the drone like normal, except it gives it ESC error x4 and when you shutdown the battery, the drone powers off and then powers back up, except the battery LEDS don't light up, only the drones do. After a period of about 5-10 minutes like this the battery gets really hot, so i unplugged it, during the time it was powered i could connect to the drone like nothing was wrong, it just showed ESC error x 4.

I think they said that this firmware also updates the battery to support variable discharge rates, perhaps trying re flashing the firmware with the assistant.
2019-9-17
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

When did you download/apply the update?  I flew over the weekend, but I didn't get an update.
2019-9-17
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 04:24
I think they said that this firmware also updates the battery to support variable discharge rates, perhaps trying re flashing the firmware with the assistant.

Already did, made no difference.
2019-9-17
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>

Neo Supreme Posted at 9-17 04:29
When did you download/apply the update?  I flew over the weekend, but I didn't get an update.

Today about noon UK time. The update only came out yesterday i believe.
2019-9-17
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft

I haven't had any problem. Updated AC's and RC" FW. The inserted battery was updated at the same time, at least I haven't got any message. Two other batteries were updated after inserting first into the updated AC. No problems, no messages. All of them work fine. BTW AC and RC were updated thru Assistant 2.
2019-9-17
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft

Hi Ben, have just updated AC, controller and three batteries to 510 and had no problems. I have not flown with the update yet but after your post I restarted the AC with each of the batteries and all was normal.
I hope that you find a simple solution to the problem

Good Luck

Tolly
2019-9-17
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>

Tollytastic Posted at 9-17 12:20
Hi Ben, have just updated AC, controller and three batteries to 510 and had no problems. I have not flown with the update yet but after your post I restarted the AC with each of the batteries and all was normal.
I hope that you find a simple solution to the problem

Yeah i have updated multiple batteries, only 1 went bad, mostly i'm just surprised at how bad the fault is, i normally expect batteries to just die and stop powering.
2019-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules