12Next >
21165 52 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

For anyone else who's been thinking about taking the FAA Part 107 Exam I put together a quick video on what I used to pass the test.  Only took 1 week from start to finish before scheduling the exam.  For those who don't know this exam is specific to anyone flying in the U.S.A (FAA owns the airspace) and they require CERTIFICATION if you thinking of using your drone for any type of COMMERCIAL use.   

2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RGMGFitness. Thank you for sharing this information and this video you have created. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-9-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>

Cool video, thanks for sharing! Very useful infos.
2019-9-18
Use props
maddox
First Officer

Thanks for sharing your experience!
2019-9-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

maddox Posted at 9-18 05:33
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the support.  Hopefully the video motivates a few others to go take the exam.   
2019-9-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-17 11:13
Hello and good day RGMGFitness. Thank you for sharing this information and this video you have created. Great work and thank you for your support.

Thank you very much!  
2019-9-18
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

Great post and I 100% agree this can be done in just a week. I highly recommend this video below especially for anybody that has not ever messed with an aeronautical charts. He breaks everything down very simple. It's a very long video and a little dated but I watched this over several days and scored a 93 on my test.

2019-9-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

Charmande Posted at 9-18 08:21
Great post and I 100% agree this can be done in just a week. I highly recommend this video below especially for anybody that has not ever messed with an aeronautical charts. He breaks everything down very simple. It's a very long video and a little dated but I watched this over several days and scored a 93 on my test.

Yep, I've heard this was one of the best 'Free' videos out there.  Might not have some of the newer questions on it, but will certainly get you most of the way there if your even thinking about the Part 107.  Hey, for free you can at least see what's going to be expected of you for the exam.  If your going to watch a FREE one this is probably the one to watch.  

Nice Score by the way!!
2019-9-18
Use props
Pedro Castelani
lvl.4

How "international" is the Part 107 test? I can't really take it for a couple of years till I go over to the US (on the list, anyways), but I already read the study guide offered by the FAA. I was interested in getting to know about general aviation and more specific drone issues. Can it be used in other countries (with validation)?
2019-9-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

Pedro Castelani Posted at 9-18 10:21
How "international" is the Part 107 test? I can't really take it for a couple of years till I go over to the US (on the list, anyways), but I already read the study guide offered by the FAA. I was interested in getting to know about general aviation and more specific drone issues. Can it be used in other countries (with validation)?

The Pilot Certification (Part 107) is specific to USA as the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) is the gov't body regulating all aspects of civil aviation.  It wouldn't pertain to countries outside of the United States.

Within the USA the only eligibility requirements are;
  - Must be 16 years old
  - Able to read, write, speak, and understand English
  - Be in a physical & mental condition to safely fly in UAS

Hope that helps...  
2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Great post and I 100% agree this can be done in just a week. I highly recommend this video below especially for anybody that has not ever messed with an aeronautical charts. He breaks everything down very simple. It's a very long video and a little dated but I watched this over several days and scored a 93 on my test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ucCKFJUCU&t=3077s

Thanks for sharing this informative video to our valued DJI Forum members. Cheers!
2019-9-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Too many people are in the field now.  I get no more jobs anymore.

wtf sec.png
2019-9-18
Use props
HovvlingWolf140
New

Deep Web total guide page!
Black Market is a sophisticated place, it not named deep for no thing. If you wish to start a discovery down the hole, you would have to have some good guidance and knowledge. For instance, you will need some appropriate onion device for browsing deep net anonymously, like tor browser and a lot more. Or, you would have to acquire unique habits for examining deep onion, not to leave traces.
Hopefully there are some websites created to guide you through complex world of underground deep web hidden from the surface. This one is the best one i know http://darknet-markets.site/
Darknet-markets.site - is an basic guide to the world of deep web.
It got what you need : most popular darknet, the full guides for security, guides for darknet markets, darknet reviews, fresh, updated and legit darknet markets mirrors.
2019-9-19
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing...
2019-9-19
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60853 ft

Do exist same procedure available in Europe? Thank you
2019-9-20
Use props
maddox
First Officer

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-18 06:07
Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the support.  Hopefully the video motivates a few others to go take the exam.

You're welcome mate
2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome RGMGFitness. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-9-20
Use props
N3CNC DEWEY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109249 ft
  • >>>

Sweet video, thanks for sharing!
N3CNC
Dewey
2019-9-25
Use props
Jamiel Ahmad
New

I failed to take the test within the same year as I bought the FAA license and packet can I still take it anytime? Just need to study
2019-9-25
Use props
alk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 889423 ft

Am I eligible for testing if I’m 13 or do I have to wait till I’m16?
2019-9-25
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

N3CNC DEWEY Posted at 9-25 04:32
Sweet video, thanks for sharing!
N3CNC
Dewey

KA0RLB back atcha
2019-9-25
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

Great post and I 100% agree this can be done in just a week. I highly recommend this video below especially for anybody that has not ever messed with an aeronautical charts. He breaks everything down very simple. It's a very long video and a little dated but I watched this over several days and scored a 93 on my test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ucCKFJUCU&t=3077s

This is what i used also BUT a lot of the exam i got was different than a lot of this video. Similar but not exactly. I took several practise exams that helped a lot too.
2019-9-25
Use props
C_D_Anderson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the great information!!!
2019-9-25
Use props
fansa90426c8
lvl.1

Nice video!  Very helpful.  Thanks!
2019-9-26
Use props
Inspirephil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 502982 ft

Great advice for studying for the Part 107 exam. You’re absolutely right about it not being an easy test to study for. I’m using several different places for information and I still am having a hard time getting the information to stick into my head. I even took a class at my local community college for preparing for the exam.
2019-9-27
Use props
Hey its Meech
lvl.2

Shouldn’t it be more about becoming a proficient, educated pilot instead of just doing what you can to get your license in a weeks time...just to appease the FAA...and then go out with a license as an uneducated, less proficient in skills and rules pilot? This gives the wrong message in my opinion.
2019-9-27
Use props
Lily Robertson
New

Congratulations!! I also have passed my exam as a content manager at mo office. I was supposed to write an essay on the topic from this book https://freebooksummary.com/the-book-thief-power-of-words-essay-46070 so I did it, I think this book is really powerful. So that is the reason why everyone should read it. For every person it may say a lot, the book thief power of words essay makes you rethink about your communication style
2019-9-30
Use props
Lily Robertson
New

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198276&page=1&extra=#pid1972301great
2019-9-30
Use props
Lily Robertson
New

thank you  you have done great job
2019-9-30
Use props
Lily Robertson
New

<a >great job</a>
2019-9-30
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

Thank you!  
2019-9-30
Use props
superdodoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118422 ft

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
2019-9-30
Use props
djiuser_6oDufSATfrru
New
Flight distance : 13 ft

Thanks for sharing
2019-10-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

Your welcome.  Hope it helps others to pass the 107.  
2019-10-2
Use props
jeskew82
lvl.1

Thanks so much!
2019-10-2
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

I'm from Canada and I will be in the USA in November. My drone is already registered with the FAA and use it for youtube.  I have my drone pilots licence in Canada will I need to write the FAA exam as well?
2019-10-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

AdventureCamp Posted at 10-7 15:57
I'm from Canada and I will be in the USA in November. My drone is already registered with the FAA and use it for youtube.  I have my drone pilots licence in Canada will I need to write the FAA exam as well?

I'm afraid so.  Canada has it's own legal requirements and to the best of my knowledge is separate an independent from anything the FAA does in the United States.  If your flying as a hobbyist (in USA) then no  FAA part 107 is needed.  But, if your flying for commercial use in the USA then a part 107 would be needed.  

Though, I guess the issue of flying in the USA and uploading from Canada is a good question.  I don't know how that would work.  Still a lot of unanswered questions and some grey areas I guess.   
2019-10-8
Use props
AdventureCamp
Second Officer

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-8 09:39
I'm afraid so.  Canada has it's own legal requirements and to the best of my knowledge is separate an independent from anything the FAA does in the United States.  If your flying as a hobbyist (in USA) then no  FAA part 107 is needed.  But, if your flying for commercial use in the USA then a part 107 would be needed.  

Though, I guess the issue of flying in the USA and uploading from Canada is a good question.  I don't know how that would work.  Still a lot of unanswered questions and some grey areas I guess.

Its not commercial use so I guess I probably don't need it then.
2019-10-8
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

AdventureCamp Posted at 10-8 10:47
Its not commercial use so I guess I probably don't need it then.

Yes, your fine then if just flying as hobbyist in USA.     Enjoy!  
2019-10-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules